Corsair vengeance Pro rgb 3200mhz & ryzen 1600

I bought some corsair vengeance Pro ram to go with a ryzen 1600 and a gigabyte ga-ab350m-gaming 3. All of the 16gb is recognised in bios but not in task manager. I think it's just not compatible at all. But is that due to the mobo, cpu or both? There's a crap ton of info to go through and I've gone through some but I need some help please. 

Any recommendations for what to buy as replacements would be helpful too. 

Thanks 

Can you post a task manager screenshot?

8 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Can you post a task manager screenshot?

IMG_20191221_001220.jpg

IMG_20191221_001051.jpg

I see that you're on a very old BIOS from 2018. Perhaps update?

(Carefully though since this particular board is tricky)

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

I see that you're on a very old BIOS from 2018. Perhaps update?

(Carefully though since this particular board is tricky)

I had it on the latest earlier and there was no difference. Idk how it went back to f22. I've also tried 2x8gb corsair dominator platinum too but same issue 

Is this a fresh install? Do you know how to make a bootable Ubuntu LiveUSB to see if it happens in another OS environment?

4 hours ago, equallizer said:

IMG_20191221_001051.jpg

Windows does see both DIMMs but for some reason it has hardware reserved 8.0GB of it (bottom item in the small text). Your issue isn't hardware, there's something in your BIOS or Windows which is reserving that memory.

8 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Is this a fresh install? Do you know how to make a bootable Ubuntu LiveUSB to see if it happens in another OS environment?

Err not sure. Ram doesn't have drivers though does it? I'll download ddu and see what's there anyway 

4 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

Windows does see both DIMMs but for some reason it has hardware reserved 8.0GB of it (bottom item in the small text). Your issue isn't hardware, there's something in your BIOS or Windows which is reserving that memory.

Yeah I know. But Idk how to stop it reserving the ram 

28 minutes ago, equallizer said:

Yeah I know. But Idk how to stop it reserving the ram 

do u have a pcie graphics if you are check that the igpu is turned off in BIOS

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 hour ago, Ben17 said:

do u have a pcie graphics if you are check that the igpu is turned off in BIOS

Yeah I've got a 980ti installed. I managed to get all 15.5gb recognised in task manager if I use dimm socket 2+4 which somehow turned my bios Chinese. But it doesn't seem to want to run in dual channel mode 

11 minutes ago, equallizer said:

Yeah I've got a 980ti installed. I managed to get all 15.5gb recognised in task manager if I use dimm socket 2+4 which somehow turned my bios Chinese. But it doesn't seem to want to run in dual channel mode 

check your ram sticks are in the right slots 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 hour ago, Ben17 said:

check your ram sticks are in the right slots 

They are in the correct slots. They're colour coded and I'm pretty certain you put the slots in every other slot 

6 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

So you're using slot 1+3 now?

The 15.5gb showed up when I put them in slot 4+2

The slot go (left to right) 4231 black red black red

Your numbering is odd. Dual-channel would suggest to use the same colour, red first.

27 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Your numbering is odd. Dual-channel would suggest to use the same colour, red first.

This is the board and what it says. Using the same colours doesn't show 16gb in task manager but using a red+black shows 16gb 

15769360683532583050063671479035.jpg

Ah, now I get the numbering: The manufacturer suggests to use the slots according to the numbers sequentially, others name it A1 B1 A2 B2 and so on.

But it seems the two are correctly put in the picture, but what is the other two? Do I see the Vengeance together with the Dominator?

7 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Ah, now I get the numbering: The manufacturer suggests to use the slots according to the numbers sequentially, others name it A1 B1 A2 B2 and so on.

But it seems the two are correctly put in the picture, but what is the other two? Do I see the Vengeance together with the Dominator?

Yeah I tried out all slots with some vengeance and dominator. Only 16gb was registered. Currently I have 16gb registered in Windows using the two left most slots. I reckon this board is a bit shit or broken 

1 minute ago, equallizer said:

Yeah I tried out all slots with some vengeance and dominator. Only 16gb was registered. Currently I have 16gb registered in Windows using the two left most slots. I reckon this board is a bit shit or broken 

So it seems, unless it would work with a different operating system. Chances are small though...

Another aspect that comes to mind is bios-settings: Dual channel can often be disabled or set to auto, sometimes explicitly put to enabled. What is your setting here?

9 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

So it seems, unless it would work with a different operating system. Chances are small though...

Another aspect that comes to mind is bios-settings: Dual channel can often be disabled or set to auto, sometimes explicitly put to enabled. What is your setting here?

I can't seem to find any settings to do with ram except xmp and timings. This bios is garbage and it's awful

You're probably looking on the wrong tab. It's not a memory but a chipset-setting so you have to look for northbridge or chipset settings. Sometimes you even have to scroll down to get to the very option.

3 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

You're probably looking on the wrong tab. It's not a memory but a chipset-setting so you have to look for northbridge or chipset settings. Sometimes you even have to scroll down to get to the very option.

According to cpu z its running in dual channel at 1066mhz in slots 2+4.

But the physical slots say 1+2. 

8gb is hardware reserved too 

CPU Z is correct and the numbering onboard is indeed sequentially. Now let's find out why half of the memory is hardware-reserved. I suspect a dual-channel disabled in bios.

2 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

CPU Z is correct and the numbering onboard is indeed sequentially. Now let's find out why half of the memory is hardware-reserved. I suspect a dual-channel disabled in bios.

Okay. I'll have another look. What names or sections could it be under?