Silverstone ARM22SC

I think you'd run out of clamping room! I'm almost tempted to replace my 2 27" idea with 3 24". It'd actually be cheaper.

i was thinking about making 2 levels of clamping points so that would have the room to do it. Either than or just leave the 24 on the desk.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Uk price Here hmmmm i want one so bad once i complete my build this is a must great price great quality = a aweome product

Motherboard - AsRock Z87 EXTREME4 CPU - Intel core i7 4770k Oc 4.4ghz GPU - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x RAM - Corsair LP Vengange 8Gb CPU Cooler - Swiftech H220 PSU - Coolmaster V650S SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250gb HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2Tb Case - Fractal Design R4 Black Windowed

I'd say people that are shelling out the money for more than one monitor can justify it. I know I can, and would buy these in a heartbeat.

It's a pretty niche market.

Day Traders represent a huge portion of the market for these.  Just check out the youtube reviews for multiple monitor stands and setups.  This is why we are seeing such a high price on these items.

here in aus an equivalent dual screen ergotron is 370 vs 250, i think that is a pretty good deal. You have to remember that things like these have moving parts unlike computer cases and a much more complicated. You have to make sure that your product when fully loaded will not flex or become incapable of supporting the displays that are mounted on it.

I know that many of the Ergotron units can be expensive, but if you check out the user review for many of the models, customers aren't satisfied because they aren't manufactured to deal with typical use cases (e.g. lighter monitors).  But i'll run it back to the silverstone model.  It's good.  I would like to see the option for 3 arms off one stand.  I would also like to see the option for a version without the clamp.  Not everyone can clamp their stand to their desk (glass, cheap wood, etc).  $200 is indeed LESS than what we have been paying for similar solutions, but it needs to be around $100.  Look at stands for TVs.  Wall mount, swivel, arm.... this is a much larger market, and thus the prices are within reason.... we need to get to that point.

silverstone 160€

ergotron 220€

thanks for helping my point

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Day Traders represent a huge portion of the market for these.  Just check out the youtube reviews for multiple monitor stands and setups.  This is why we are seeing such a high price on these items.

I know that many of the Ergotron units can be expensive, but if you check out the user review for many of the models, customers aren't satisfied because they aren't manufactured to deal with typical use cases (e.g. lighter monitors).  But i'll run it back to the silverstone model.  It's good.  I would like to see the option for 3 arms off one stand.  I would also like to see the option for a version without the clamp.  Not everyone can clamp their stand to their desk (glass, cheap wood, etc).  $200 is indeed LESS than what we have been paying for similar solutions, but it needs to be around $100.  Look at stands for TVs.  Wall mount, swivel, arm.... this is a much larger market, and thus the prices are within reason.... we need to get to that point.

i agree that they need to get down to the $100 mark (would probably still be 150 here) but i think that the market is still far to niche for it to really take off and for there to be enough competition in the space to force prices down. I know they do have a model that you screw to the desk rather than clamp but it is for single montior. That does not help with your example though, im not sure if it would even be possible to create a stand with the range of movement that something like this has but have it free standing. I suspect that the balance would be completely off depending on how you had it setup and the entire thing would just fall over.

That does not help with your example though, im not sure if it would even be possible to create a stand with the range of movement that something like this has but have it free standing. I suspect that the balance would be completely off depending on how you had it setup and the entire thing would just fall over.

You're absolutely right about the range of motion thing.  I'm just salty about clamps because my desk is glass.

You're absolutely right about the range of motion thing.  I'm just salty about clamps because my desk is glass.

wood desk  4life

thanks for helping my point

Well though it is more expensive, I wouldn't call it bloddy expensive compared to the Silverstone unit.

Also the Ergotron still looks a little bit better in terms of quality.

One would have to compare those alternatives right next to each other.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Well though it is more expensive, I wouldn't call it bloddy expensive compared to the Silverstone unit.

Also the Ergotron still looks a little bit better in terms of quality.

One would have to compare those alternatives right next to each other.

you right, not as bad as the spaceco ones that everyone is fanboying over because of tek syndicate. although $100 extra for a $250 product would sway my decision.

I saw "Made in China" on the white sticker.

Wut.

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.5GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2*TEAM 8GB DDR3-1600@CL9-9-9-27 | Inno3D GTX 660 HerculeZ 2000s@1200MHz Core 6600MHz Memory | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Antec Kühler H2O 620 | Antec HCG-620 | CoolerMaster Elite 371

Acer Iconia W700: Intel Core i5 3337U | 4GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | 11.6" 1080p Display

I saw "Made in China" on the white sticker.

Wut.

I noticed that too. Pretty funny.

I would have to cut out a portion of my desk that is part of the wall for this to work for me.... bleh.  Look awesome though, def thinking about it.

I would have to cut out a portion of my desk that is part of the wall for this to work for me.... bleh.  Look awesome though, def thinking about it.

you could just move the desk forward a bit, save you from threatening the rigidity of the desk. Flexy desks are crap desks.

Would anyone be able to answer my question of can you use this to stack 2 screen on top of each other.

I need this so hard. My monitor stands are like the screens are sitting on a pile of rotting fish.. But it seems this thing only holds 24", hmm.

No you can't.

All i have to do now is wait for a year until it comes to Norway. yeay!

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

you could just move the desk forward a bit, save you from threatening the rigidity of the desk. Flexy desks are crap desks.

Well that's the problem, the desk is more or less built with a bookshelf rack as the backboard right up against the wall.  So moving this isn't an option, everything is integrated and specialty built by my uncle years ago.  Thankfully he's coming out here soon to look into modifying it so I can place an Air 540 on display rather than have my HAF-X as a wall next to me for me to knock over.  Being disabled and having seizures sucks  :angry:

No, this monitor arm does what it's supposed to do and it does it extraordinary! But what about peps like me? I have three 27 inch monitors. Is there a product for me?, nope. I sincerely hate brands that brings awesome products to market at awesome prices, but does not make a version suitable for every scenario. And i'm pretty sure that I ain't the only one pulling hair out over this......

All i have to do now is wait for a year until it comes to Norway. yeay!

Order it via Amazon.co.uk

Damn those look awesome. If my monitors weren't so mistmatched as it is this would be so awesome to have.

Monitor mounts/stands are very overpriced IMO.  One of the reasons is that the market is mostly businesses. 

I would like to see the cost of these units come down.  Many people can't justify a mult-monitor stand that cost more than a monitor/desk/chair.

Like most things out there price can be dependent on features. If you are looking for the cheapest bare bones dual monitor stand Rosewill makes one for 70.00. Keep in mind you also lose a great deal of flexibility in monitor positioning and base mounting.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824992038

evidently you have not seen the pricing on something like an ergotron. those things are bloody expensive compared to this silverstone unit. And think about it, this is for 2 montiors so you are only spending about $100 extra per screen to have a stand that does not suck balls

In the states the Ergo LX Dual is $20.00 USD more on Amazon compared to the Silverstone ARM22SC. For that $20 you get a laptop stand in addition to the dual monitor stands (replaces one monitor) and the ability to grommet (hole) mount the base if edge mounting isn't possible. It also has a 5 year warranty vs 3.

Would anyone be able to answer my question of can you use this to stack 2 screen on top of each other.

I don't think so. The base pipe on the Ergo LX dual is 5 inches longer and the monitor arms on the Ergo have an extra 1/2 inch of vertical travel (1/4" up/down) for a total of 5.25 inches in additional height. If I place the monitor arm at both extremes and stack my 24's I only have about 4 inches of gap so I'd guess if you attempted to do the same thing with the Silverstone you'd be just over an inch short. You might be able to make up for this by placing a 2x6 on the desk to raise the base but it'd be close.

FYI, I'm able to mount 27's on my LX no problem (1 27" and 1 24" stacking). The limitation is more in weight than screen size, depending what you want to do. 

It looks to me like a Chinese copy of an Ergotron, and seeing how the single monitor Ergotrons are cheaper, I'd just go with them... Plus with the Ergotrons you can buy extension arms and different height posts to fit pretty much any need, and more options for adjustment height/weight.

HP branded Ergotron LX for $90: http://www.amazon.com/HP-BT861AT-Single-Monitor-Arm/dp/B00455GH58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392091219&sr=8-1&keywords=hp+monitor+mount

The non-HP branded ones range from $100-$130, and you can find the dual post for $230 on eBay, but the tall post version is around $300 (lets you stack the monitors on top of each other): http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Ergotron-45-245-026-LX-Dual-Side-by-Side-Arm-/360625025633?pt=US_Monitor_Mounts_Stands&hash=item53f6ed3261

Didn't Slick say something about getting an Ergotron mount at one point? Any chance to compare the build quality?