Grand Theft Auto V Premium Online Edition Christmas Holiday Historic Low Until January 7th

Paul Rudd

I keep trying to give GTAV online a chance but everytime I start a game up there is some random hacker killing everyone or everyone is in tanks. What ever happened to normal cars with fun. Some of the races are fun but the open world waiting room is just a hackers paradise where if you spend money on their shark cards it gets deleted or you randomly have max money and a chance to get randomly banned. 

43 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

I keep trying to give GTAV online a chance but everytime I start a game up there is some random hacker killing everyone or everyone is in tanks.

Very common to experience this if you're new to the game on PC. Luckily, we have a PC to deal with this.

Simply do one of two things every time you play GTA 5 Online. First, go into an invite only lobby. This way you can play the game with only people that you trust. And you'll trust they only bring in people that they trust.

Secondly, and this will be what you do for when you need to be in a public lobby to do things like sell business products and heists that require public lobbies. Press Alt+Tab to go into Windows, right click on your taskbar and click on Task Manager. Click on the Performance tab and then click on Open Resource Monitor. Exit out the task manager as you won't need it now. Click on the CPU tab in the new window. Scroll until you find GTA5.exe. Right click on it and then click on Suspend Process. Wait approximately 8-10 seconds and on that 8th to 10th second click back on the GTA5.exe Resume Process button. Make sure you're only clicking on the GTA5.exe when doing this. Exit out this tab, click back into the game and voila! You have just kicked out everyone in the lobby and have a public lobby all to yourself. Remember that people can still join though. The more people that join, the more people are going to join period. Always vote to kick people you don't know and if you have friends in the lobby make sure they know to vote to kick any new people. You can pretty much tell who's a hacker or griefer by simply looking at their K/D ratio or if they're a clean player or not. You still don't have to trust anyone, just kick em'. It's your lobby and they'll kindly be right into another one so you're not hurting them in any way.

Doing this will avoid hackers at a 94-99% success rate. There may be a hacker that is basically on a mission to do everything in his power to do something to you. You'll get better at the kicking out processes as you do them more and more. Any more questions, just ask. There are several other things you might have to deal with. Like when somehow someone blows up your cargo or something like that. You simply go into another lobby asap or shutdown GTA 5 the fastest way you know how. A lot of the time this will save almost all your cargo.

8 minutes ago, Geoff35674567 said:

sounds like a PITA avoiding hackers when I just to play a game. I stopped playing on PS4 coz game matching took ages.

It actually becomes relatively natural over time. I remember it being a pain before knowing what I know now. It's pure second nature now. Very minimal issues, if any. Especially when you enter public lobbies with just one other friend that knows the game as much as you do. They're your guardian angel, as you are theirs.

And if you've been playing for many years as I have, you have friends on your friends list that just so happen to be hackers themselves. I never abuse this power. And hackers naturally love dealing with other hackers. It's hilarious too. The moment a hacker shows his face in the lobby, it's almost instantaneous for a fellow hacker to deal with him however he sees fit. Sometimes he announces it. Sometimes he takes requests. It's always random.

Remember that there are both good and bad hackers in GTA Online. They either use their power for the greater good, like a super hero. Or they use it like a villain. Imo, this is why R* turns the other cheek when it comes to banning hackers. Not just for shark card sales like most would think.

Sucks because the game is fun to play and some peopel are fun to play with but the lobbies are the absolute worst thing ever. I miss people driving fun cars and playing around and not just sitting in bullet and rocket proof vehicles that kill everyone or using orbital cannons to kill u instantly. If rockstar would take 10minutes and instead of pushing shark cards and build an anticheat engine that works maybe people would go back. This is also the reason I have not purchased RDR2 as I know it will be a mess within a short period of time. 

5 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

Sucks because the game is fun to play and some peopel are fun to play with but the lobbies are the absolute worst thing ever. I miss people driving fun cars and playing around and not just sitting in bullet and rocket proof vehicles that kill everyone or using orbital cannons to kill u instantly. If rockstar would take 10minutes and instead of pushing shark cards and build an anticheat engine that works maybe people would go back. This is also the reason I have not purchased RDR2 as I know it will be a mess within a short period of time. 

You can still have that exact fun in invite only lobbies. I do it everyday. Only reason I haven't bought RDR2 is because the price just isn't right yet. It's creeped to $37.99 after just a month and a half and just a couple weeks after the Steam release. It'll be half price before we know it. And that is when I might snag it at half the price of half price from where I get most of my new high priced games. I seen it go for $20.00 back on 2 days after its release on PC. I just wasn't in the involvement of obtaining it at the time.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

Very common to experience this if you're new to the game on PC. Luckily, we have a PC to deal with this.

Simply do one of two things every time you play GTA 5 Online. First, go into an invite only lobby. This way you can play the game with only people that you trust. And you'll trust they only bring in people that they trust.

Secondly, and this will be what you do for when you need to be in a public lobby to do things like sell business products and heists that require public lobbies. Press Alt+Tab to go into Windows, right click on your taskbar and click on Task Manager. Click on the Performance tab and then click on Open Resource Monitor. Exit out the task manager as you won't need it now. Click on the CPU tab in the new window. Scroll until you find GTA5.exe. Right click on it and then click on Suspend Process. Wait approximately 8-10 seconds and on that 8th to 10th second click back on the GTA5.exe Resume Process button. Make sure you're only clicking on the GTA5.exe when doing this. Exit out this tab, click back into the game and voila! You have just kicked out everyone in the lobby and have a public lobby all to yourself. Remember that people can still join though. The more people that join, the more people are going to join period. Always vote to kick people you don't know and if you have friends in the lobby make sure they know to vote to kick any new people. You can pretty much tell who's a hacker or griefer by simply looking at their K/D ratio or if they're a clean player or not. You still don't have to trust anyone, just kick em'. It's your lobby and they'll kindly be right into another one so you're not hurting them in any way.

Doing this will avoid hackers at a 94-99% success rate. There may be a hacker that is basically on a mission to do everything in his power to do something to you. You'll get better at the kicking out processes as you do them more and more. Any more questions, just ask. There are several other things you might have to deal with. Like when somehow someone blows up your cargo or something like that. You simply go into another lobby asap or shutdown GTA 5 the fastest way you know how. A lot of the time this will save almost all your cargo.

Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, GodSeph said:

I only had the PS3 version, but GTA4 online was pretty fun and didn't have a lot of trolls. If people started getting in gunfights you could just ignore them and they'd typically leave you alone. It used to be a pretty constant source of good times, just steal a Swat van, load the back up with people, get a 6 star wanted level and try to lose them.

Now it's infested with 12 year olds and you just keep spawning right next to them so you just keep instantly dying.

#Muricaparrotgang

15 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Seems like a lot huh? It's actually a 9 second process.

So is switching my monitor cable for an HDMI so I can play my PS4, and I don't do that very often either. Except that's a one time thing for hours to days until I want to play games at a higher refresh rate again.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

So is switching my monitor cable for an HDMI so I can play my PS4

GTA 5 on PS4? Isn't it 20-30 fps in 1080p on that thing? The sole reason I never bought GTA 5 on next gen consoles.

20 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

GTA 5 on PS4? Isn't it 20-30 fps in 1080p on that thing? The sole reason I never bought GTA 5 on next gen consoles.

No, just to plug in my PS4 so I can play one of the 2 games I own, or one of the 3 I'm "borrowing." 

#Muricaparrotgang

17 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

I find it funny anyone would go through a procedure to play a game. No game is worth that much hassle.

What makes a 9 second procedure a hassle? Doesn't it take more than 9 seconds to start up a game in general? It's no different than grabbing a blanket from another room so that you're warm while gaming.

19 hours ago, Intransigent said:

What makes a 9 second procedure a hassle? Doesn't it take more than 9 seconds to start up a game in general? It's no different than grabbing a blanket from another room so that you're warm while gaming.

I have like 7 racing games installed, but don't play them because I don't want to pull my wheel out of my closet and plug it in. Although that also makes it pretty much impossible to actually use my desk for anything, and I play in triples so Nvidia always fucks that up and it's a crapshoot if I'm going to have to wipe the drivers and reinstall them so I get display on my monitors.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 12/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, Intransigent said:

What makes a 9 second procedure a hassle?

Why should I have to perform a procedure to get into a lobby without hackers? Should my money not cover the cost of anti-hacking software? Surely Rockstar Games Social Club launcher isn't so horribly coded that it performs like a piece of trash in terms of keeping hackers at bay... Oh wait, right, that's why I don't & won't give them any money, ever, period, end of story, zip, zilch, nada, nope.jpg-aroo! I'd sooner install Fortnite on my PC than use the RSC launcher.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

19 hours ago, kirashi said:

Why should I have to perform a procedure to get into a lobby without hackers?

Going into an invite only lobby is not exactly a procedure. You just click the button "invite only lobby" and poof, you're in a lobby without hackers.

Should my money not cover the cost of anti-hacking software?

Not in Grand Theft Auto 5. It's a game centered around stealing cars, robbing money from banks and hacking into security systems.

Surely Rockstar Games Social Club launcher isn't so horribly coded that it performs like a piece of trash in terms of keeping hackers at bay...

Never had a single issue with the Rockstar launcher. And it actually performs better than it did without the Rockstar launcher. Hackers have always existed in Rockstar online games. They'll never be kept at bay.

Oh wait, right, that's why I don't & won't give them any money, ever, period, end of story, zip, zilch, nada, nope.jpg-aroo!

Whatever floats your boat. Could care less if your boat sails into nowhere. I'll still be playing GTA 5 weekly since it released. If you can't afford $10.00, I really don't know what else to tell you. Do you think anyone, including the people playing their games or the people involved creating their games, actually care if you don't ever, period, end of story, give them money? Millions of others that kindly do. And we reap the benefit of being able to play some of the best video games that have ever existed. You'd sooner install Fortnite on your PC than use the RSC launcher?

Good luck with Fortnite. That game got stale in 14 minutes.