Fan Setup for Thermaltake h200 case

SheevaBlaster

Hello everyone!

So I was just curious, does anyone know if the Noctua NF-A15 fans are compatible with the Thermaltake h200 (NOT THE NZXT H200, beyond me why they would have the same names). I was planning on getting 3 of these fans for the TT H200 TG Snow edition, but it was recently brought to my attention that these fans are "140mm round frame with 150mm width". I'm kind of confused what that means and I just want to make sure that these fans won't give me an issue when it comes time to install them.

Also, if anyone has any input to add regarding the actual placement of fans for this specific case that would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of taking out the stock thermaltake exhaust and moving that to the center of the front panel. Then placing one of the NF-A15 fans in for the exhaust/rear. Then the other two NF-A15 fans would go on the top of the case but I'm unsure if this is the most efficient setup or if it is even feasible due to the actual size of the fans. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Here's the case's website... scroll down a little bit and you can find the possible fan configurations:

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/h200-tg-rgb-2.html

I don't know if this matters, but I'm using an Intel I7 8700k CPU with the Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler, and my GPU is most likely going to be the gigabyte 2070 super gaming OC 3x. If the rest of my build is needed, feel free to ask and I'll post it.

Thank you so much!

Looking at pictures of the Thermaltake H200 it looks like the NF-A15 will be too wide to fit with the side window closed :) But you could move it to the back of the heatsink and then don't install a rear fan in the case. Like this, just without a rear fan:

8sn7zmbthi9z.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

18 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Looking at pictures of the Thermaltake H200 it looks like the NF-A15 will be too wide to fit with the side window closed :) But you could move it to the back of the heatsink and then don't install a rear fan in the case. Like this, just without a rear fan:

8sn7zmbthi9z.jpg

Hmmm, so are you telling me that you think the NF-A15 fans are too big to fit in the rear/top/front of my case and the only place I could possibly put them is attached to my CPU cooler? Do you think that would be an effective way of keeping my whole entire rig cool? If I didn’t have a rear fan than I wouldn’t have a force exhausting any hot air then right? Or it would be very minimal air being exhausted anyways 

Depends on the airflow from the front. I Run like this in my Ryzen build https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/9174-doctornick/

But I use a 1060.. But you could fit a smaller fan in the rear, a standard 140mm.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

9 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Depends on the airflow from the front. I Run like this in my Ryzen build https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/9174-doctornick/

But I use a 1060.. But you could fit a smaller fan in the rear, a standard 140mm.

Aww man, well it looks like i’m going to have to choose different fans then, I don’t think I want to take the risk of them not fitting. That’s unfortunate. The NF-A15 seem like really reliable and quiet fans that push a decent amount of air all the time. Would’ve been nice to match the fans of the NH-D15 CPU cooler too. Oh well, I probably could find similar looking fans that operate in the same manner. Thank you very much!

The rear only fits a 120mm. NF-A15's may fit at the top but they wouldn't be much better than NF-A14's if at all.

What are your specs? Front to back airflow is generally plenty and the top fan mounts probably wouldn't do much to help cooling unless you're running pretty power hungry components. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The rear only fits a 120mm. NF-A15's may fit at the top but they wouldn't be much better than NF-A14's if at all.

What are your specs? Front to back airflow is generally plenty and the top fan mounts probably wouldn't do much to help cooling unless you're running pretty power hungry components. 

I'm looking at the case's website and it says I can fit either 1 120mm fan or 1 140 mm fan in the rear, unless I'm reading the graph wrong or I'm missing something.

Here's my current build (still trying to tweak it, but want to order the rest of my parts by the New Years): 

I was thinking replacing the rear fan that comes with the case with the NF-P12. Then I would put 2 of the NF-P14s on the top, then 1 of the NF-P14s at the top part of the front panel, then the stock thermaltake fan in the middle of the front panel. If you recommend a proper power supply, that would be clutch too. People keep telling me to just stick with 80+ gold, but I feel like platinum would just be better in the long run? I'm not sure. I feel like I'm spending so much on this build already, and I don't know how I feel about it. If it helps, I just want a reliable gaming/workstation that can play games like Squad, Rust, Insurgency, Battlefield, and other FPS/Survival games at Very high settings with solid FPS, while also being able to surf the internet and use other programs at very fast speeds. I don't plan on playing around with bios/XMP too much, but then I guess I wouldn't be getting the full benefit of the Noctua NH-D15? Idk, any insight you have would be awesome!

10 minutes ago, SheevaBlaster said:

I'm looking at the case's website and it says I can fit either 1 120mm fan or 1 140 mm fan in the rear, unless I'm reading the graph wrong or I'm missing something.

PCPartPicker Part List

I was thinking replacing the rear fan that comes with the case with the NF-P12. Then I would put 2 of the NF-P14s on the top, then 1 of the NF-P14s at the top part of the front panel, then the stock thermaltake fan in the middle of the front panel. If you recommend a proper power supply, that would be clutch too. People keep telling me to just stick with 80+ gold, but I feel like platinum would just be better in the long run? I'm not sure. I feel like I'm spending so much on this build already, and I don't know how I feel about it. If it helps, I just want a reliable gaming/workstation that can play games like Squad, Rust, Insurgency, Battlefield, and other FPS/Survival games at Very high settings with solid FPS, while also being able to surf the internet and use other programs at very fast speeds. I don't plan on playing around with bios/XMP too much, but then I guess I wouldn't be getting the full benefit of the Noctua NH-D15? Idk, any insight you have would be awesome!

My bad -- it seems like I was the one misreading. 

In that case, the NF-A15 should fit in the rear since it uses 120mm mounts and just needs vertical or horizontal space for the frame. 

Unless you run a power hungry system at full load 24/7, there isn't going to be much of a practical difference between a gold or plat rated psu. 

The NH-D15 is excellent. If you don't need as much cooling performance and would prefer to save money, there are cheaper alternatives available. 

Is there any reason you're looking at this case in particular? It doesn't look like it has good ventilation.

If you're looking to save some money, the price can be cut down a bit. The stock case fan with an additional fan for front intake should already be ample for airflow. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

My bad -- it seems like I was the one misreading. 

In that case, the NF-A15 should fit in the rear since it uses 120mm mounts and just needs vertical or horizontal space for the frame. 

Unless you run a power hungry system at full load 24/7, there isn't going to be much of a practical difference between a gold or plat rated psu. 

The NH-D15 is excellent. If you don't need as much cooling performance and would prefer to save money, there are cheaper alternatives available. 

Is there any reason you're looking at this case in particular? It doesn't look like it has good ventilation.

If you're looking to save some money, the price can be cut down a bit. The stock case fan with an additional fan for front intake should already be ample for airflow. 

All good no worries. And what do you think about the NF-P14s and the NF-P12 I used in my last response? And I probably should've mentioned that I already bought the CPU and case... I got the CPU for $290, and the case was $90. Hmmm you seem to be the second person that thinks that this case has limited ventilation and I don't blame you, I'm just hoping my hardware doesn't get too hot in there, hence why I'm trying to compensate with the NH-D15. As for the memory change, I think I'm definitely going to go with the ones you've suggested. Everyone keeps saying that Evo 970 storage is overpriced, but at the same time, isn't it the best performing ssd m.2 NVME? To me that's pretty crucial and I would like to future proof my build as much as possible. Thank you so much for your feedback!

6 minutes ago, SheevaBlaster said:

what do you think about the NF-P14s and the NF-P12 I used in my last response? And I probably should've mentioned that I already bought the CPU and case... I got the CPU for $290, and the case was $90. Hmmm you seem to be the second person that thinks that this case has limited ventilation and I don't blame you, I'm just hoping my hardware doesn't get too hot in there, hence why I'm trying to compensate with the NH-D15. As for the memory change, I think I'm definitely going to go with the ones you've suggested. Everyone keeps saying that Evo 970 storage is overpriced To me that's pretty crucial and I would like to future proof my build as much as possible. 

The NF-P14S and NF-P12 are great fans but you can get away with fewer fans. With your case, I'd recommend 3x NF-P14S -- 2x for front intake and 1x for rear exhaust to compensate for the front panel. TY-147's are similar and a good alternative if you don't mind the shorter warranty / longevity. 

As mentioned, the NH-D15 is great. The Macho Rev. B isn't far behind though and should be plenty for cooling if you're not heavily oc'ing.

There's no such thing as future proof. The 970 Evo is a bit faster but the difference is fairly small and hard to notice if what you're doing isn't heavily reliant on drive speed. 

FYI, you can mark items in PCPP as purchased. 

13 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The NF-P14S and NF-P12 are great fans but you can get away with fewer fans. With your case, I'd recommend 3x NF-P14S -- 2x for front intake and 1x for rear exhaust to compensate for the front panel. TY-147's are similar and a good alternative if you don't mind the shorter warranty / longevity. 

As mentioned, the NH-D15 is great. The Macho Rev. B isn't far behind though and should be plenty for cooling if you're not heavily oc'ing.

There's no such thing as future proof. The 970 Evo is a bit faster but the difference is fairly small and hard to notice if what you're doing isn't heavily reliant on drive speed. 

FYI, you can mark items in PCPP as purchased. 

awesome. Thank you so much for your input! I think what you’re telling me makes a lot of sense and I think i’m going to switch to your build. And my bad, i usually manually write “purchased” when posting the PCPP link, but it wasn’t initially allowing me when I first posted it. But, I just went into PCPP right now and figured out how to mark something as purchased in their website, so thank you for letting me know about that!