how do you limit frame rate in the new radeon software 2020?

Howitz

before you had a slider, now they changed all the stuff and added new facny options that make my games unplayable, ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

why not revert to the previous software then

cuz the new one comes with the new drivers and probably some improvements with it...

3 minutes ago, Howitz said:

probably some improvements

14 minutes ago, Howitz said:

make my games unplayable

it would seem you have not had improvements so revert back

I guess I should state that you really only need to updates drivers and bios's and such IF you're having a problem. Theres basically no reason to automatically update them constantly unless theres some form of immediate security threat.

never really understood the idea that it needs to be updated without reason.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

it would seem you have not had improvements so revert back

I guess I should state that you really only need to updates drivers and bios's and such IF you're having a problem. Theres basically no reason to automatically update them constantly unless theres some form of immediate security threat.

never really understood the idea that it needs to be updated without reason.

it needs to

1 minute ago, Howitz said:

yeah exactly.......Sorry but i'm more or less having a bit of fun to get to the point.

You had a working machine , with working software
You now have a working machine , without working software
All that need to done to achieve your goal is to fix the software. Lucky for you , you already know exactly which software to use to resolve the issue.

Best to keep in mind in the future that when someone realeases a new driver , they didn't actually test it , you are their guinea pig. You found the exact hardware and software configuration to make their new software not work. Congrats. You can now end the experiement and revert to working software.

Just now, emosun said:

yeah exactly.......Sorry but i'm more or less having a bit of fun to get to the point.

You had a working machine , with working software
You now have a working machine , without working software
All that need to done to achieve your goal is to fix the software. Lucky for you , you already know exactly which software to use to resolve the issue.

Best to keep in mind in the future that when someone realeases a new driver , they didn't actually test it , you are their guinea pig. You found the exact hardware and software configuration to make their new software not work. Congrats. You can now end the experiement and revert to working software.

sure i'll revert if it can't be help, but surely they tried to release somethin decent and i'm trying to give it a chance to make it work first. but i get what u mean.

14 hours ago, Howitz said:

before you had a slider, now they changed all the stuff and added new facny options that make my games unplayable, ridiculous.

Enable Radeon Chill, and the slider reappears. It's not intuitive until you know where the slider went.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

12 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Enable Radeon Chill, and the slider reappears. It's not intuitive until you know where the slider went.

This was probably all that needed to be said but we sure went around in a loop didn't we.

that radeon chill didnt work in crossout, fuck amd, i just reverted to adrenalin 2019

40 minutes ago, Howitz said:

that radeon chill didnt work in crossout, fuck amd, i just reverted to adrenalin 2019

ya same feeling for 2020 driver, i like the UI update but driver itself is botched for a lot of cards, only seen good success with rx570-590 polaris cards. 19.12.2 is still best driver for me. 

Crossout has a very good ingame FPS limit though (good because it will actually lock to intended FPS, not fly way over it like DICE/EA games usually do, important on FreeSync/Gsync 144hz monitor, can lock it at 140-143 instead of 120 like with EA games), id recommend just using that, you need to turn off Vsync to use it which is usually on by default. 

21 hours ago, Howitz said:

The thing is, it doesn't actually function properly on the old driver, and was notorious for causing issues in certain titles, hence why it was disabled for those. If you never had issues with it, congrats, you're one of the very few that lucked out.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

On 12/21/2019 at 3:22 PM, BTGbullseye said:

The thing is, it doesn't actually function properly on the old driver, and was notorious for causing issues in certain titles, hence why it was disabled for those. If you never had issues with it, congrats, you're one of the very few that lucked out.

i don't care about radeon chill, i am just trying to limit framerate, which adrenalin 2019 had an option for and not in adrenalin 2020. it seems in 2020 the only way to limit fps is with radeon chill and that don't work, so i reverted back to adrenalin 2019 on which i can limit framerate with the right thing.

EDIT:
Go back to CHILL, it does what you want you just misread the values or didn't understand.
Set your MINFPS as your desired FPSCAP you want.
Say 144fps Min/Max (or whatever value you wanted)

It DISABLES AntiLag though... so see the spoiler for FPS-Cap using MSI Afterburner.

Spoiler

For the Meantime...keeping Driver 2020

YouTube Search How to Setup MSI Afterburner FPS CAP.

Until AMD sort it.

Also, let them know with the Feedback tools in the driver or their forums.

1.jpg

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

9 hours ago, Howitz said:

i don't care about radeon chill

Nor do I, but that's what it was a part of in the old drivers too.

i am just trying to limit framerate

Which is available exactly where I told you to look.

it seems in 2020 the only way to limit fps is with radeon chill and that don't work, so i reverted back to adrenalin 2019 on which i can limit framerate with the right thing.

And you're lucky that it isn't causing you issues right now. That is all it is, luck.