Actual USB Bluetooth 5.0 on AliExpress?

RejZoR

I'm looking for USB Bluetooth thingie for my desktop tower PC which doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity (obviously) and I'd preferably get it in Bluetooth 5.0 version. The problem is, everyone says they have 5.0 even though it's really 4.0 which they don't tell or just use it as "It's 5.0 compatible" later in description. Anyone knows one that is actually Bluetooth 5.0 so I don't have to spend 3 days digging through silly descriptions?

Well for starters, you shouldn't be on AliExpress. Does Amazon not deliver in your country? There's far more options there that are far less sketchy.

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones-Broadcast/dp/B07W5DDZQN/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=bluetooth%2B5%2Bdongle&qid=1576788167&s=electronics&sr=1-3&th=1

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

Problem is, Amazon, mostly American one is expensive and that's without usually absurd shipping charges and then I'll be hit with 22% VAT so, yeah... Usually I get good stuff on Ali, but for this it's really weird. About as weird as finding good AirPods clones. And in the end just bought the real thing coz everything was just so weird lol. Shipping is often 15-20€ even from German Amazon which is annoying, that's why I was looking at Ali in the first place. Don't mind the long shipping, but I do mind shipping costs that are higher than item itself.

40 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Problem is, Amazon, mostly American one is expensive and that's without usually absurd shipping charges and then I'll be hit with 22% VAT so, yeah... Usually I get good stuff on Ali, but for this it's really weird. About as weird as finding good AirPods clones. And in the end just bought the real thing coz everything was just so weird lol. Shipping is often 15-20€ even from German Amazon which is annoying, that's why I was looking at Ali in the first place. Don't mind the long shipping, but I do mind shipping costs that are higher than item itself.

Now I understand.

I did find the one I linked to earlier on Ali: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33056627524.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2e771626MegSaN&algo_pvid=97e797e8-4f6c-449f-a988-dd67ac8321e3&algo_expid=97e797e8-4f6c-449f-a988-dd67ac8321e3-0&btsid=e507fb55-3575-4ed6-a044-5226f2a66fbb&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_10,searchweb201603_53

EDIT: Sonofabitch what I've been linking to the whole time is for audio only (which is retarded in its own right). So I guess never mind my suggestions then.

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

really weird.

well yea i understand your blight, you wanted to confirm a good seller for bt 5.0, understandable, and there is no reason at all to avoid aliexpress/alibaba if you know that the seller on there is a good seller and wont con you. to all the others out there, if something is not right about the product you are usually s.o.l. if you chose some random seller, unlike ebay/amazon/paypal which is buyer friendly, ali's are seller friendly.

• 3 weeks later...

I've ended up ordering a micro sized one off eBay that just says V5.0 on it and it appears to be genuine Bluetooth 5.0. BT chip in it is from Chinese Barrot which has it certified on actual Bluetooth website. And because it had stupid bright blinking LED I had to open it up and stick a black tape over LED and there I could see the actual Barrot chip. It was like 4€ or so I think so I guess it was a good purchase. Connects with my AirPods 2 without any problems on Windows 10.

Not sure where in Windows I could check what version it is reported by software tho...