Cheaper RTX 2070 or Rx 5700 XT?

Slazyel

Hi guys,

Where i live, Brazil, prices are high. I need a gpu and the ones i could find with "acceptable"prices are:

Gainward RTX 2070: $500

Saphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+: $576

For instace, the prices of the other cards:

Rx 5700 XT Evoke or red dragon: $560

Galax Rtx 2060 super: $535

Galax RTX 2070 Super: $660

It seems the best price/performance would be the RTX 2070 for $500, right? Its a basic model with 2 fans and no backplate, but it seems good quality.

Also the monitor i have is gsync, so it may favor the nvidia side.

I may not be of much help.

Not finding much data on the gainsward.  It appears to be a card not sold in the US or EU.  I can’t find any reviews.  All I could find was this.  They do seem to have several different designs all called basically the same thing.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gainward-rtx-2070.b6376

The 2070 appears to be right on a level with the 5700xt so you won’t be losing anything that I know of.  It might be cheaper because there aren’t reviews of it that I can find because it’s not sold in my area anyway. It’s also not impossible that there aren’t reviews because they want to avoid having the card reviewed of course.

My personal gut reaction would be to go for it, but make sure it’s returnable if there is an issue, and thoroughly test the thing once you have it to make sure ther aren’t any problems 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Looks like the RTX 2070 (non Super) has the best value in this case:

image.png.a25ddfe0ebf44a86663d64e4b15626fa.png

Source on the FPS numbers: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-gaming-x-review,1.html

This is just a set of three games though. 3DMark results show an opposite of this..

Can't comment on the cooler quality though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

42 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I may not be of much help.

Not finding much data on the gainsward.  It appears to be a card not sold in the US or EU.  I can’t find any reviews.  All I could find was this.  They do seem to have several different designs all called basically the same thing.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gainward-rtx-2070.b6376

The 2070 appears to be right on a level with the 5700xt so you won’t be losing anything that I know of.  It might be cheaper because there aren’t reviews of it that I can find because it’s not sold in my area anyway. It’s also not impossible that there aren’t reviews because they want to avoid having the card reviewed of course.

My personal gut reaction would be to go for it, but make sure it’s returnable if there is an issue, and thoroughly test the thing once you have it to make sure ther aren’t any problems 

5700 XT beats out a RTX 2070 non-Super version but that being said, the fact that the 2070 is $76 cheaper probably makes the 2070 the better deal.

2 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

5700 XT beats out a RTX 2070 non-Super version but that being said, the fact that the 2070 is $76 cheaper probably makes the 2070 the better deal.

This is probably true.  If it beats it though it’s by a very small amount.  They appear to be very very close.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 12/16/2019 at 2:00 PM, Bombastinator said:

This is probably true.  If it beats it though it’s by a very small amount.  They appear to be very very close.

Honestly, if I could find a 2070 non-super for $76 cheaper than a 5700XT, I wouldn't have to think twice about purchasing the 2070 non-super.  Unfortunately here in the United States, the cheapest 2070 non-super is tied with the most expensive 5700XT or thereabouts anyway, making the 5700XT the better deal.

12 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Honestly, if I could find a 2070 non-super for $76 cheaper than a 5700XT, I wouldn't have to think twice about purchasing the 2070 non-super.  Unfortunately here in the United States, the cheapest 2070 non-super is tied with the most expensive 5700XT or thereabouts anyway, making the 5700XT the better deal.

Yeah.  The 5700xt is more power and less features for less money.  What it comes down to is how badly you need the special features.  Your monitor might matter if it jas gsync but not freesynch.  All the other Nvidia gains are specific to specific tasks.  If you’re not doing them they don’t matter.

Thanks guys, i went with the rtx 2070 for $500. Later, appeared a Rtx 2060 super for $450, but i have already bought the 2070. Anyway, still a little better