Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, i want to create an app for both android and IOS and i had a few questions. One, if i want to test out ideas i there a place to make a test version without code, like the apps just take you to a different picture type thing so you can test the look. Two where to i find people to create apps on a budget i want to make a fairly basic app but it will involve things like profile login, storing images/ data on a server which i have no idea to do so ide like to have someone to develop it for me anyone know places to find developers for small projects? Thanks for any help guys!

Link to post
Share on other sites

XD allows to make UI demos but so do most app design applications like Figma, Invision or Sketch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

Hey guys, i want to create an app for both android and IOS and i had a few questions. One, if i want to test out ideas i there a place to make a test version without code, like the apps just take you to a different picture type thing so you can test the look. Two where to i find people to create apps on a budget i want to make a fairly basic app but it will involve things like profile login, storing images/ data on a server which i have no idea to do so ide like to have someone to develop it for me anyone know places to find developers for small projects? Thanks for any help guys!

Keep in mind those features would require servers (monthly recurring costs) that you'd need to provide to the developer.

 

I guess you'd also need access to a lawyer to develop language for user agreements if you're storing user data, especially images.

 

What's your budget here? The app development itself would likely be your smallest cost in comparison to the others.

MacBook Pro 16

i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME - many dongles

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

Keep in mind those features would require servers (monthly recurring costs) that you'd need to provide to the developer.

 

I guess you'd also need access to a lawyer to develop language for user agreements if you're storing user data, especially images.

 

What's your budget here? The app development itself would likely be your smallest cost in comparison to the others.

i less so have a budget and more so am evaluating the potential of developing on app. So finding out what features have a high cost and which don't is my main priority. Then i want to lay out the ground work for the app with the limited amount of coding knowledge i have by first designing a mock up and then coding what i can to make it as cost effective as i can (so like for example if storing images is expensive then i can alter the idea) i'm hoping to achieve this in $10,000 which my be impossible but that's what i'm trying to find out now. The most useful things i am looking for now are things like Wordpress but for apps so i can make them easier and more cost effective so instead of developing deep feature i can use premade things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

XD allows to make UI demos but so do most app design applications like Figma, Invision or Sketch.

which would you recommend out of the bunch?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

which would you recommend out of the bunch?

They all are great and there are even more of them like Avocode. I use XD personally because it's part of my Creative Cloud subscription but I've used Avocode in the past and I've had no complaint. I particularly liked the fact that it was compatible with Linux.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to free lancer websites. Upwork for example. Hire someone there to code the thing for you. 

 

What you describe is fairly simple indeed. I can code one up in three days in fact. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

Keep in mind those features would require servers (monthly recurring costs) that you'd need to provide to the developer

Nope, you can actually use your own personal computer as the webserver. Just purchase a static IP address from your ISP, set up proper port forwarding in your router or just plug the modem directly into your computer so it is expose to the internet, open up a port in the firewall and bam! you now have something your app can connect to. Then you can install a database, a backend webserver application, and all that stuffs. 

 

Of course no real commercial apps would do this but if all you have are a few hundreds users, that is already enough. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×