Turning a RCA 10 Viking Pro into a linux tablet thing.....

hey guys, ive been trying to turn my old RCA 10 Viking pro tablet into a linux machine. light weight and portable. but just rooting the damn thing is a nightmare. im relly new to "rooting" android, and the tutorials i have found havent really helped. just add a bunch of apps the are slightly cancer. so if anybody can give some tips, thank you. also once i have the damn thing rooted i need to figure out how to install linux (im leaning on peppermint 10). the tablet has a usb port and a micro SD slot. so yeah if anyone reading would be willing to help, please me your wisdom! thanks!!!

not exactly my version but its the closest i cn find https://shop.rcaav.com/shop/computing/2-in-1/10-viking-pro-rct6k03w13h1/

Literally the first thing that came up when I googled "rca 10 viking pro root guide". It's from the best site relating to custom ROMs and whatnot, too.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/firmware-rca-viking-pro-rct6303w87dk-t3325158

Also, as for installing Linux, you aren't gonna be replacing Android. You could use an app like Linux Deploy or Limbo VM to get Linux in a chroot and VM respectively, but probably won't be able to just install Linux instead of Android. Trust me, I really fucking wish I could on my phone or something.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈