Spoilers doing weird stuff

Idk why but the spoilers were doing this weird stuff.

I created a spoiler and typed text in but I guess it did this weird thing. After I pressed edit my text cursor would go into spoiler which was unusual.

I had this issue a while ago. Disable or uninstall Grammarly.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Grammarly is supposed to be disabled in the forum editor for exactly this reason. You've not overridden that or anything have you?

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Grammarly is supposed to be disabled in the forum editor for exactly this reason. You've not overridden that or anything have you?

Idk, I was still using grammerly in the text editor from the “create new thread” 

i was also using Firefox so maybe that has something to do with it. 

You guys use grammarly ? I always take such software as scam. It won't make you error proof. I am also concerned about the idea of using grammarly for professional purposes as  it may pose not only data privacy risks but also make you less focused on errors in your writing.  All that taking into account that english is not my main language. 
What are your thoughts ? 

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

2 hours ago, Enochian said:

You guys use grammarly ? I always take such software as scam. It won't make you error proof. I am also concerned about the idea of using grammarly for professional purposes as  it may pose not only data privacy risks but also make you less focused on errors in your writing.  All that taking into account that english is not my main language. 
What are your thoughts ? 

Really depends on your perspective.

I have a background where my best subjects in school, my strengths, include writing, reading comprehension, and English in general. They were the classes that I was able to breeze through with very little to no studying.
Math on the other hand, well, I don't get along well with math at all. I spent, almost literally, all of my free time during my high school and college years in after school tutoring (30-40 hours a week) just to get through it. Some don't understand why I use a calculator as a crutch for something they find simple. I find writing to be simple, but I understand that not everyone else does. I have family members who really, really struggle with writing.

I see tools like Grammarly to be the functional equivalent of a calculator; a tool to be used, but not solely relied upon. Same with the now-ubiquitous spellcheck.

• Write your segment.
  • Overview it with spellcheck (or grammarly, or anything else) for simple errors. 
  • Re-read through your works and correct any additional errors you come across. 
  • Read through it one more time (again after any changes are made) to check for any unnecessary or incorrect changes from the past steps.

That's the process that I used through school, I still use it (granted, much less often) when addressing professional, or documents that need to be accurate.

I don't know what Grammarly's data collection, security, or privacy policies look like as I've never considered using it, so I can't comment on that aspect.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

4 hours ago, Enochian said:

What are your thoughts ? 

I believe I’m already a very strong writer with English syntax. I just hope it to find the little bit I don’t already know. I pay attention to what it says so that I know what to do in the future. The plug in has an optional subscription I believe. 

As for the privacy, I never considered it. 

21 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

i see this problem all the time i doubt it is from people bypassing the anti grammarly, i use grammerly and it doesnt work on the forum but im sure there's some glitches 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6