Need help with building a cheap low teir gaming rig.

Go to solution Solved by intelisfornoobs,
19 hours ago, Whiro said:

Take a pic of mobo, if there is any model no, I can do some research about it

Will do

6 minutes ago, asand1 said:

What model Optiplex? There are adapters for the 24 pin and front panel.

OptiPlex 7010

42 minutes ago, asand1 said:

What model Optiplex? There are adapters for the 24 pin and front panel.

Its for a OptiPlex 7010

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

2 hours ago, asand1 said:

Thanks, but what about usb and power-buttons?

The power on switch connects with a 6 pin layout using 5 pins:

o is a pin. I don't want to take a picture so here:

|---------|

| o  o  o |

| o  o     |

|---------|

Do you have the cable from the Optiplex case? Here is the pinout.

Screenshot_20200107-193845.thumb.png.ad6ccfceb3541c298da1fadda83659a6.png

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

I think I'm just going to get the new board. If I need a few of these cables It's going to cost more than if I go to the local computer store and a standard motherboard. I talked to the owner and he said he would give me the board for $40 and up to $20 in in store credit for the dell board to shave off some of the cost.

3 hours ago, intelisfornoobs said:

I think I'm just going to get the new board. If I need a few of these cables It's going to cost more than if I go to the local computer store and a standard motherboard. I talked to the owner and he said he would give me the board for $40 and up to $20 in in store credit for the dell board to shave off some of the cost.

Yeah good choice.

I dealt with a Dell Precision workstation recently and EVERYthing on those boards is proprietary. What a nightmare. You would not be able to connect a standard PSU to it, you would need the PSU from that model of prebuilt, which could be very expensive to buy on Ebay, if you can find it at all.

Better cut your losses and deal with standard parts.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:26 AM, maartendc said:

Yeah good choice.

I dealt with a Dell Precision workstation recently and EVERYthing on those boards is proprietary. What a nightmare. You would not be able to connect a standard PSU to it, you would need the PSU from that model of prebuilt, which could be very expensive to buy on Ebay, if you can find it at all.

Better cut your losses and deal with standard parts.

I just got back from the store and he gave me $15 in in-store credit for the Dell board. He took the Lenovo cooler and gave me a stock one that would mount. In the end, he gave me a HP board that had standard everything. It has a Q61 chipset I think and has an updated bios. Also, the bios has an automatic activation of Windows 10 Pro, so that is wonderful. All I need is a case and graphics card.

20200109_225502.jpg

Windows 10 Pro is installed and additional drives are being formatted.

Only a gpu and case to go.

*the mobo has two memory slots so it will be 16gb in duel channel instead of quad.

5 hours ago, intelisfornoobs said:

Windows 10 Pro is installed and additional drives are being formatted.

Only a gpu and case to go.

*the mobo has two memory slots so it will be 16gb in duel channel instead of quad.

For an entry level gaming system, I heard the RX470 is very good for the money. But if you are going used, depends on what you can find of course.

Help, help, help, help.

I have a basic Rosewill case and the machine is inside. I just need to do some cable-managing and connect the front panel stuff. The machine boots inside the case so I didn't break anything. 

That was yesterday, today I went to turn on the pc and it didn't boot. Just a few fans spinning and then stopping. I checked some immediate things like 24 pin connector, cpu connecter and anything to do with the power supply.

Please help.