DT 1770 Pro Faults

Ahoy Hoy

My DT1770s have died again. :| This time im out of warranty and can nolonger get a easy replacement/repair.

Anyone else been having problems with their pairs?

Also any headphone recommendations for around the £400 mark as now i have to replace my professional headphones.

How the heck did it die? I've been using the DT770's since 2015 without a single issue.

38 minutes ago, JohnT said:

How the heck did it die? I've been using the DT770's since 2015 without a single issue.

read my post again. thats a different product.

31 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

headphones don't just die though. but do you mind open back?

what type of musicodo you listen to?

do you like planar magnetic headphones? 

what will you use them for ?

53 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

He asked how did they die and you replied with a silly answer.

Because from your OP you had multiple pairs die and that's not a common thing.

So how did two sets of DT1770''s break?

Most headphones will break in the cable if they aren't abused, and the cable is detachable and replaceable.  Are you sure the cable didn't break?

24 minutes ago, rice guru said:

headphones don't just die though. but do you mind open back?

what type of musicodo you listen to?

do you like planar magnetic headphones? 

what will you use them for ?

From what I've read there is a a floor in the drive manufacturing which means they are prone to stop working. My experience is that 2 pairs Ive had have both a single driver just stop working and ive had them replaced through the warranty every time but im now out of warranty and stuck with them. Waiting on beyerdynamics repair cost but whats the point if they just keep breaking I also suspect the cost to be around £100 which is a third of the price.

They will be used for live audio monitoring and gaming. Which is why is liked these as they worked well for both so I dont have to travel with two pairs of headphones.

I dont mind open back but sadly for this use its not beneficial as audio cancellation (but not active) is a major requirement.

5 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

He asked how did they die and you replied with a silly answer.

Because from your OP you had multiple pairs die and that's not a common thing.

So how did two sets of DT1770''s break?

Most headphones will break in the cable if they aren't abused, and the cable is detachable and replaceable.  Are you sure the cable didn't break?

The cable is removable and the headphones comes with spare cables and ive tested both cables.

Its a random problem with the design of the drivers. First pair lasted around year and a half before breaking and the second pair was after about 7 months. Sadly for these headphones it seems to be a common problem apparently in america there was even a product recall on early serial numbers.

And he owns a old design headphones totally different the only similarities are design look and the 7s in the product name. His headphones are a design from decades ago and are know to be extremely reliable which is why my headphone the new designed upgrade model has broken regularly and a bit miffed with byer

if you want something easy to drive the only things I can really think of at that price point for easy to drive closed backs that are decent for  monitoring and gaming are the DT 177x GO from massdrop or Sony MDR-1A's

1 hour ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

From what I've read there is a a floor in the drive manufacturing which means they are prone to stop working. My experience is that 2 pairs Ive had have both a single driver just stop working and ive had them replaced through the warranty every time but im now out of warranty and stuck with them. Waiting on beyerdynamics repair cost but whats the point if they just keep breaking I also suspect the cost to be around £100 which is a third of the price.

They will be used for live audio monitoring and gaming. Which is why is liked these as they worked well for both so I dont have to travel with two pairs of headphones.

I dont mind open back but sadly for this use its not beneficial as audio cancellation (but not active) is a major requirement.

The cable is removable and the headphones comes with spare cables and ive tested both cables.

Its a random problem with the design of the drivers. First pair lasted around year and a half before breaking and the second pair was after about 7 months. Sadly for these headphones it seems to be a common problem apparently in america there was even a product recall on early serial numbers.

And he owns a old design headphones totally different the only similarities are design look and the 7s in the product name. His headphones are a design from decades ago and are know to be extremely reliable which is why my headphone the new designed upgrade model has broken regularly and a bit miffed with byer

Thank you.  I was considering the DT 1770's once.  I'll avoid those.