Yesterday’s strange internet?

Flux Azreal

So yesterday I was on a call on discord, seemed to have a issue were the guy I was talking to would cut off and just be extremely laggy and distorted. Games reportedly stuttered, my steam acted up strangely like I would open the workshop and sometimes get some random error every time and when I get it to work and join with a friend I would sometimes disconnect (After 2 attempts of trying to join). This dosent just seems to be me some people say it happened to them aswell. Maybe some api went down? Like aws or some google service or maybe my isp (I use atnt) or perhaps it was just me since I store all my games on my extra hdd drive? (Has ssd for Windows and some applications like steam and google), though I did leave my pc on for 7 hours when I left for school. (Dosent seem to matter since I usually sometimes leave it on for way more then that) I even restarted it. Still same issue occurred. Web searching seemed to be slow and sometimes stuck though my ookla scores are 55 mbps down and 11 mbps up (usual)  so it can’t be my speeds. I even restarted my modem. Still nothing. Today I started up my creative media took from windows and it downloaded really quickly (like at 30mbps) though yesterday it was extremely  slow (like 0.5 mbps) and was stuck like that no matter what I did. Might all be fixed today though id like to see what could of caused it. 

20 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

So yesterday I was on a call on discord, seemed to have a issue were the guy I was talking to would cut off and just be extremely laggy and distorted. Games reportedly stuttered, my steam acted up strangely like I would open the workshop and sometimes get some random error every time and when I get it to work and join with a friend I would sometimes disconnect (After 2 attempts of trying to join). This dosent just seems to be me some people say it happened to them aswell. Maybe some api went down? Like aws or some google service or maybe my isp (I use atnt) or perhaps it was just me since I store all my games on my extra hdd drive? (Has ssd for Windows and some applications like steam and google), though I did leave my pc on for 7 hours when I left for school. (Dosent seem to matter since I usually sometimes leave it on for way more then that) I even restarted it. Still same issue occurred. Web searching seemed to be slow and sometimes stuck though my ookla scores are 55 mbps down and 11 mbps up (usual)  so it can’t be my speeds. I even restarted my modem. Still nothing. Today I started up my creative media took from windows and it downloaded really quickly (like at 30mbps) though yesterday it was extremely  slow (like 0.5 mbps) and was stuck like that no matter what I did. Might all be fixed today though id like to see what could of caused it. 

Maybe in task manager you could check if one of your games were updating

Pumas.EXE has stopped responding...

• CPU
    RYZEN 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    ASROCK B450 PRO 4
  • RAM
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
  • GPU
    PowerColor RX 5700
  • Case
    Corsair Carbide 275r
  • Storage
    intel 660p 512 GB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec PS650BSM

59 minutes ago, Pumas_committed_bottleneck said:

Maybe in task manager you could check if one of your games were updating

Nah, nothing was updating (task manager shows internet use)

Doesnt seem to be a wide spread issue so more then likely it was something to do with your isp.

AT&T was having some serious issues in Florida, parts of Georgia and, California yesterday. So that could have been apart of the issue.

There's literally always issues with the Internet, it's just usually not all of it and happens regionally. 

As post above me says, usually some isps having issues. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity