Should I preorder Cyberpunk 2077?

henro1232

Cyberpunk 2077 is available for preorder on steam although I don't know weather my PC is powerful enough. It should be, and I'm fairly confident it is, but there have been some rumors spreading about of a minimum spec of an i7-8700k and a 1080Ti, and if that is the case I don't want to waste £50. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Henry ?

i5 8600k / NZXT Kraken x62 / Rog STRIX RTX 2070 / 16gb DDR4 3000 / Asus TUF Z370 Plus II motherboard / 2tb NVME SSD / NZXT e650 psu / NZXT H500 case

why would you want to preoder the game?
What's the benefit of it?
If you dont preorder you can still download it on launch day, or am I wrong here?

I've been burned by pre-orders before, so I've stopped doing it, no matter how good I expect the game to be. I wait for reviews and/or the first price drops depending on how well the game does.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

As others stated, there really no benefit to pre-ordering the game.

Best is to wait for reviews and see how the game runs on hardware so you have a better idea if your setup can handle it.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

That rumored requirement is such bullshit.

No game would launch with "minimum requirements" higher than 99.9% of consumer pcs. Unless cdpr wants to lose money and reputation just to create another "can it run crysis" meme

That being said, why would you preorder? Im 100% sure I will get that game, but unless there is some preorder discount, I dont see why preordering would make sense. 

Also, get this game on GOG. 100% of money goes to the devs and you get that SWEET drm free goodness

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

10 hours ago, techaddict_12 said:

Should I preorder Cyberpunk 2077?

No.

10 hours ago, techaddict_12 said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is available for preorder on steam although I don't know weather my PC is powerful enough. It should be, and I'm fairly confident it is, but there have been some rumors spreading about of a minimum spec of an i7-8700k and a 1080Ti, and if that is the case I don't want to waste £50. Any thoughts?

I'm 99.9% sure your hardware is more than powerful enough to run the game. The rumors are based off an i7 8700K/1080Ti running the Cyberpunk 2077 demo.

As for pre-ordering any game, doing so is not only sad but a tragic mistake unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Cyberpunk 2077 will hit around half price before you know it. And by then it will be much better optimized or at the very least, researched and tested from multiple gamers with troubleshooting steps to give you an idea of what settings to play the game at.

The Outer Worlds released less than 5 weeks ago on PC. Red Dead Redemption 2 released less than a month ago on PC.

Here are their current price tags after 5 weeks time...

outwrds.png.jpg.f9b53149388c93b015ef9b38ab64fa37.jpgoutwrd2.png.jpg.798525fb97736f5cdf593acd0626a7b2.jpg

rdr2ppp.png.jpg.ce71f0fbf4a4cdacc9c3187166aea322.jpgrdr2cp.png.thumb.jpg.07092cc90d6538f74f3a48007ed1d20c.jpg

Never pre-order. Period. Treat Cyberpunk 2077 as if it will release in 165 days instead of 137 days. Or you could just snag it at half price from some random on the internet wanting quick cash for his Cyberpunk 2077 key in just a few days after its release because he obtained the game for free bundled in a PC he got for his nephew on a discount and wants even more discount by simply selling off the code since his nephew is 9 years old.

Just plantin' seeds.

4 hours ago, Taja said:

That rumored requirement is such bullshit.

No game would launch with "minimum requirements" higher than 99.9% of consumer pcs. Unless cdpr wants to lose money and reputation just to create another "can it run crysis" meme

That being said, why would you preorder? Im 100% sure I will get that game, but unless there is some preorder discount, I dont see why preordering would make sense. 

Also, get this game on GOG. 100% of money goes to the devs and you get that SWEET drm free goodness

It's not rumoured minimum requirements.  Those specs were taken from the PC that was running the demo at trade shows.  CDPR said as much.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

If you really feel the need to preorder do what a colleague of mine did. He preordered at a local shop and is supposed to pay when he comes for it xD.

If you can refund it then hell yes. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

There isn't really any reason to pre-order unless you want to support the developers early on. I pre-ordered a physical copy of the game back in August.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

No point unless you get good discount or some seriously good extras. And if you decide to pre-order, do it from GOG.com instead.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, Samfisher said:

It's not rumoured minimum requirements.  Those specs were taken from the PC that was running the demo at trade shows.  CDPR said as much.

Now that makes sense. They just ran the game with the best available hardware at the time

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

On 12/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, techaddict_12 said:

there have been some rumors spreading about of a minimum spec of an i7-8700k and a 1080Ti,

If this was true they would lose a lot money.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

I agree, never preorder anything.  It's not like you have to stand in line on launch day or they will run out of digital copies.  Wait for reviews to come out.  Give them a chance to patch any launch day problems.

I would mainly i'm not sure how long my internet would take to download it. So I can play it on release day .

(\/) (°,,,,°) (\/)

Your computer is fine, the reported "Minimum Requirements" google searching brings up, that people keep misreporting as "Minimum", was actually a setup used to help display gameplay/trailors iirc, so more like recommended.

So far as pre-ordering, its often a scam these days, but if you really love the idea of the game go for it, i guess?  Most people prefer paying with their wallet, big slaps money on the table, for a product they KNOW is good, but if cyberpunk 2077 sucks we'll all cry enmasse and the next great flood will commence, in which case its all over, so why even worry, we'll be dead