Windows Security randomly asks for my pin

Hi,

I have a home theater PC running Windows 10 Home Edition version 1903.  I deliberately don't want to require a password or pin at start up.  But every few days, I will be doing something and a notification will pop up that says "Windows security wants to make sure it's you" and asks for my pin.  I don't have to enter it, but it will pop up again after a little while if I don't.  If I do, I get maybe a week before it pops up again.  Just to be clear it doesn't ask me for the pin at at start up.  The computer could be on anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours before it asks.

Does anyone know how to stop windows from asking for my pin?  I've been googling this but can't seem to find this exact problem anywhere.  Thank you.

Are you using a local user or a Microsoft Account? Because that sounds like some online verification thing. Does it mention a specific account in the popup?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Ironically, I just got another notification.  Instead of asking me to prove I'm me, it said there was a problem with my Microsoft account, most likely a password change.  What I don't understand if there is an issue with my password, why does it only ask me for my pin?

I just changed my Microsoft password.  Hopefully this will take care of it.  If not, I'll be back.  Thanks so much.