Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My eyes hurt from looking at the screen, need good computer glasses.

I've heard there are some glasses out there that help reduce the strain on your eyes from looking at screens? do they work well? what would be a good pair? i have to be in front of a screen for a lot of time and i have some trouble with my eyes and eyelids that go dry :( please help, thank you very much!

glasses that are supposed to block UV and blue light or something?

Are you sure you need UV/Blue light filtering glasses and not for example reading glasses?
Have you consulted an optometrist (or similar) already?

Perhaps you're trying to fix something that is not issue here.

Personally I have never used/needed any of those sorts of glasses, but I don't have my brightness at 100% either.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

6 minutes ago, Howitz said:

I've heard there are some glasses out there that help reduce the strain on your eyes from looking at screens? do they work well? what would be a good pair? i have to be in front of a screen for a lot of time and i have some trouble with my eyes and eyelids that go dry :( please help, thank you very much!

You can try a 144hz display, and just download f.lux which will reduce blues in the monitor.

Otherwise for glasses, pretty hit or miss. You can just get yellow tinted sun glasses cheap to try that, but.....

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Do you use the screen in a well lit room or in a darker enviroment? If in a dark enviroment, make sure to use some bias illumination (light behind the screen - causes less eye strain and the perception of higher contrast). Have your eyes/vision checked. Try using f.lux (but you have to know to set it up properly by choosing the illumination of the room accordingly [you have to know the lightbulb specs, for example is it a 2700K, 4200K, 5600K, ...] and the time of the day).

i'm in a well lit room, my eyesight is 20/20. i've just applied my monitor blue light filter, will see if that help.

I'm always wondering if those blue filtering glasses also make the image look different. Because if it does, you may as well turn night mode on wouldn't you?

since i work with IT (8 hours of screen time) and i play games when i'm home and am a little spoiled so i don't have a lot of chores to do i also spend up to 6 hours at home playing games some days.

to prevent my eyes from dying faster than they already are i've turned on the windows nightmode feature on my work pc as it strains my eyes less.

and i've turned something similar on at home on my second monitor.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

My eyes are shot from working at computer all day then going home and gaming all night.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

3 hours ago, flashiling said:

windows nightmode feature on my work pc as it strains my eyes less

It's what I usually do. The yellow-tinted light is less "strainful" (is that a word?) on the eyes.

I went to an ophthalmologist once about two years ago and he recommended glasses with lenses that basically do the same as windows's night mode: they have yellow-tinted lenses that reduce potential eye strain.

Ballz 3D is the greatest videogame ever made.

--

Space heater PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 || GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 550 4GB (640SP) || Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX/BR || Storage: 2x 500GB HDD || Memory: 8GB DDR3 (2x 4GB 1600MHz) || PSU: CORSAIR VS500 (2017) || Case: TGT Stryker Mid Tower || Keyboard & Mouse: OEX Cobby, Fortrek Spider 2.

Just now, Tegos said:

strainful

probably. or straining idk i understood what you meant :D

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

4 hours ago, Howitz said:

Just install Flux. It has literally saved me a TON of headaches. 

Stop focusing your eyes 3 feet away from your face for hours on end.. Every hour or so, focus your sight on something 20 feet away. Go for a walk for a few minutes. Your eyes will feel 10x better.

Honestly, this along with a blue light filter (f.lux, etc.) should be all you need unless you have other medical issues.

Gaming PC:                                        Streaming PC:

-Ryzen 5 3600x                CPU              -Ryzen 7 2700x  

-2x8GB @ 3200               RAM              -2x8GB @ 3600 

-EVGA 2070 Super             GPU               -GTX 1060 6gb    

-Asus B450M-A MATX        MOBO            -GB B450I MITX                                                     

-CM NR400                   CASE          -Thermaltake Core V1            

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2758-2KP-MHD

Good, Cheep and Easy Cable Management is my fetish.

Blue light doesn't cause dry eyes... Those glasses or screen filters aren't going to help that specific issue. 

The reason people get dry eyes while using screens for extended amounts of time is because it causes you to alter how often you blink. You can try using eye drops before using your computer. It's also winter, so humidity is lower and could be contributing to your issue. Make sure your house or wherever has an adequate humidity level (25%+).

MacBook Pro 16

i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME - many dongles

8 hours ago, Howitz said:

you need to stop looking at the screen for long periods of time

in doing so it not only strains your eyes, but you also blink less and that doesnt moisten your eye balls

you need to look far away, for a period of time then get back to looking at the screen, that helps tremendously

the blue light fad, is just that a fad. consumer shows and legitamate high profile drs have commented on the issue