What's a good alarm clock program?

Dash Lambda

I've been using the Windows alarms and clock utility, but it's the most unreliably piece of shit I've ever encountered. Some days it'll get it right, some days it'll show a notification but not sound the alarm until I open up the start menu, and other days it'll just act like it doesn't even exist. Clicking "dismiss" doesn't even get rid of the alarm, it just makes it go off again next time I open the start menu.

So, my question is, does anyone know of an alarm clock program that actually works?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I like simplicity , I just use the following (it doesn't fail me) :

https://freealarmclocksoftware.com

I believe the volume in the app overrides Windows volume value, meaning you should probably only handle the volume for what is the alarm in the app.

I have detected that if it notices other audio is playing in the machine, it will fade out to silence until you stop that music or whatever, so to not make the alarm sound over the music, movie or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 11:51 AM, manikyath said:

let me know if you find anything, i share your winderp 10 frustrations :D

So, I found that, for some reason, the Windows alarm clock was set to not run in the background. I remember enabling that before, but it was disabled anyway.

After enabling that again, the alarm clock seems to be behaving well. It rings on time every time, it doesn't randomly go off when I open the start menu, and when I click "dismiss" it actually dismisses the alarm, rather than putting it on hold until the next time it decides to be weird and randomly blast me with house-shaking polka music.

2 hours ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

My phone

You see, I can get used to any alarm sound, and I've found that as I cycle through alarms on my phone each successive one gets less and less effective.

So, I use my PC to blast the 8-bit Parasprite Polka loud enough to wake a normal person up clear across the house, two feet from my face.

My phone can't normally do that.