Humans can’t see IR? Well then I must be super human? I can see my iPhone XS Max Face ID IR flash when unlocking??

WolfLoverPro

So apparently humans can’t see ir so how about someone explain how I can see the iPhones Face ID red ir light flashing only when I try to unlock my phone ......... 

note that I only see this in dim light not pitch black but really dull dull light room it has to be perfect dull lighting 

1 minute ago, sandvich64 said:

omg u can slightly see ir light thats totally gonna give u a huge practical advantage one day u braggy little boi

While bragging, I was asking why can I see it if everyone says humans can’t see ir light, answer that if ya know

IR is a vague term and covers everything from near infrared to far infrared, most people can see near infrared as it bleeds over into the far end of the red spectrum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_spectrum

So no, you're not special. Well not for this anyway.

9 minutes ago, sandvich64 said:

you arent seeing ir light it wouldnt look like a regular red if it was 

It’s not red it’s like purple with a tad red 

it looks like a uv light but with red. 

Maybe its not an ir but like it only flashes when I try to unlock my phone so it must be ir

53 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

So apparently humans can’t see ir so how about someone explain how I can see the iPhones Face ID red ir light flashing only when I try to unlock my phone ......... 

So? I've been seeing IRLEDS shining out of the front of TV/Cable remotes my whole life. Humans can see the shorter wavelengths of infrared light under certain circumstances just as a matter of course:

http://www.sci-news.com/biology/science-humans-can-see-infrared-light-02313.html

Human eyes can detect light at wavelengths in the visual spectrum; other wavelengths, such as infrared and ultraviolet, are supposed to be invisible, but an international group of scientists from Poland, Switzerland, Norway and the United States, has found that under certain conditions, it’s possible for humans to see infrared light. Using cells from the retinas of mice and people, and infrared lasers, the group found that when laser light pulses rapidly, light-sensing cells in the retina sometimes get a double hit of infrared energy. When that happens, the eye is able to detect light that falls outside the visible spectrum.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

the IR lights on your phone is much stronger like your CCTV cams where you can still see Red lights at a certain angle even at day time, the one's you can't are from your TV remote, that you can see them on a mobile camera. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I just thought they were little red lights ? my vision sucks far away though. I carry a telescope to see anything more than a few feet away.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

How did I know... 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 11/23/2019 at 9:58 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

you cant see IR

they add visible normal red light ((purple for uv)so you know the device is in use

22 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

maybe op is super human, ya never know

NVM

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

what is "I"?

either the in ir

(i)nfa

(r)ed

or I can hear

means that person can hear 3hz so like super human because 20hz is normal to 20khz

3 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

or I can hear

means that person can hear 3hz so like super human because 20hz is normal to 20khz

thats why some kids claim they see supernatural stuff

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

thats why some kids claim they see supernatural stuff

yea but more then likely it has nothing to with nature, and everything to do with the brain

humans are easily deceived.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:58 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

note that I only see this in dim light not pitch black but really dull dull light room it has to be perfect dull lighting 

Hate to break it to you but everyone can see IR, not all of it but partly. 

It's called *red*  for a reason.  Most people can see red...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I see ghosts. These things are only visible if you can see multidimensional wavelengths. I must be special, one of a kind in the universe, and never before since the time of creation. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

No need to worry OP, look at a phone long enough over the years and you'll stop noticing it over time. Enjoy good eyesight while you still can.