When is ROG Rig Reboot 20XX?

Fasauceome
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

well the only frustration is that it's their first and last post. If it was just a gateway for more users it wouldn't be a problem, but they're often not interested in contributing to our community.

This has been discussed before. Frankly, that's not issue either. This is the main place for community to engage with LMG in ways. Whether it be video suggestions, general questions, criticism or E-begging. Or becoming part of the forum people. For forum people those who come just to criticize Linus or suggest video will feel like nuisance regardless. Maybe bit more if they dare to post dump to General, or, god forbid, to Tech News. But they have always been a thing, and always will be. And forums position towards those will remain understanding if nothing else.

What if we add a subforum that acted just like the test post subforum, or possibly things like off topic and classifieds, except specifically for ROG rig reboot questions? Rather pointless for average joe forum users to say "just wait" when the mods can do it, except have an auto generated response instantly post when it's created? That way nobody has to actually type it out.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm all for megathread where every upcoming post will get merged to.

would be nice to have any rig reboot related topics moved out of the feed on the right, I don't know if you guys want to make it against forum rules (maybe too harsh) but it comes across totally as soft e-begging, since people are always vying for free stuff via these contests, and since that's already not forum friendly there is a justification.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'm all for megathread where every upcoming post will get merged to.

but the answer will just be the same of

"when it's announced"

Need something like Clippy "It looks like you're making a post about the ROG Reboot, please see the link below for more information about the competition or look out for official announcements"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

would be nice to have any rig reboot related topics moved out of the feed on the right, I don't know if you guys want to make it against forum rules (maybe too harsh) but it comes across totally as soft e-begging, since people are always vying for free stuff via these contests, and since that's already not forum friendly there is a justification.

I don't know how merging will show up on the list. And that's really only thing we could do without looking dickletts towards LTT viewership.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

And that's really only thing we could do without looking dickletts towards LTT viewership.

I don't feel that it would be an issue of saving face, as I'm sure you've seen many people create an account just to ask this question and it's all they'd care to use the forum for.

Primary PC:

>expecting people to post in the correct subforum and not just dumping everything in General Discussion

You must be new here.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

would be nice to have any rig reboot related topics moved out of the feed on the right,

The problem with that idea is then other people won't see that there is already a thread discussing the topic, so they would create a new one. Meaning that there will be more threads asking about ROG Rig Reboot.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't know if you guys want to make it against forum rules (maybe too harsh) but it comes across totally as soft e-begging, since people are always vying for free stuff via these contests.

No plans on making this against the rules. These are people (often new members) who are coming to the LinusTechTips forum asking questions about LinusTechTips and their videos. Nothing wrong with that. Frankly I think it's good that these people are really enjoying LinusTechTips content and are coming to the forums to share their feedback and express their excitement for more.

The begging isn't a huge issue, and you have to expect when a channel like LTT has a giveaway there's going to be people watching thinking "Wow! That's awesome! I really want that!". That isn't really a problem.

Though, if you see a post where a person is posting a link to crowd funding campaigns or similar actually begging for money or free products from the community then please report the post and the moderation team can review it and deal with it as necessary.

I'm sure there are people who spend a lot of time on the forum who look at these threads and think "Oh, this topic again"... Hate to disappoint those people, but there's going to be a lot of people who are interested in discussing this topic over the coming days/weeks as the videos are uploaded to Youtube, and you're just going to have to accept it and put up with it. Please just be patient and remember that for a lot of the posters this is their first time on the forum and they might not have seen the other threads asking the same or similar questions. Please don't get frustrated at them if they ask questions others have already asked.

We do try to keep the same discussions all in the one place, so if you see multiple threads popping up asking the same questions then feel free to report the post ("Something else", with a note explaining that there's already an existing thread discussing that topic) and the moderation team will review if it is best to merge it with the existing discussion.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't feel that it would be an issue of saving face, as I'm sure you've seen many people create an account just to ask this question and it's all they'd care to use the forum for.

Trust me, old man inside me is fully with you. And only my limited time prevents me from starting thread to mock anyone asking the same question week after week. Just why I haven't update "forum app" counter in 2 years.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

We had discussions on this beforehand while submissions were being taken in and the  p i l e  of people would just dump posts in general. All those were just merged with the main reboot thread.

While I agree with @LogicalDrm, having a big megathread for dumping them would be good- but it would be just kind of floating there in the off season. Then when the actual contest kicks off, everything is funneled into that thread instead, leaving this megathread pretty useless.

I like the idea of filtering it, but I can see a good handful of caveats to that too.

We could probably just lock these posts asap and have a quick response for them. I know some of the other mods definitely have txt files with general responses to thread locks and things like that, I'm sure another under the belt wouldn't hurt.

I'm sure @colonel_mortis has some input on this

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Please just be patient and remember that for a lot of the posters this is their first time on the forum and they might not have seen the other threads asking the same or similar questions.

well the only frustration is that it's their first and last post. If it was just a gateway for more users it wouldn't be a problem, but they're often not interested in contributing to our community.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

This has been discussed before. Frankly, that's not issue either. This is the main place for community to engage with LMG in ways. Whether it be video suggestions, general questions, criticism or E-begging. Or becoming part of the forum people. For forum people those who come just to criticize Linus or suggest video will feel like nuisance regardless. Maybe bit more if they dare to post dump to General, or, god forbid, to Tech News. But they have always been a thing, and always will be. And forums position towards those will remain understanding if nothing else.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The same could be argued for Troubleshooting and New Builds & Planning since a lot of the users who sign up to ask for help fixing their computer or choosing their parts don't remain on the forum after they've received their answer.

If people want to create an account just to post one post of feedback or questions, that's perfectly fine. If people want to stick around and participate in other discussions and help other people on the forum, that's fantastic.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450