1,024 x64 CPU threads in just 2u? (AMD EPYC)

Richard Graeme

Guys

You've talked about the AMD EPYC 7002 64-core (128 thread) before..  but -  It would be very interesting to feature this build-option cus it's crazy high spec for just 2u...  and maybe come up with some sensible benchmarks, if you could swing it.

Supermicro have, from their  'Aplus' range -  a Quad-node server in 2u, dual cpu per node servers.   

- I'm thinking  2123BT-HNC0R (v2 board).   It is a 2u server with 4 server-blades, and dual redundant PSU.   

Each node can be configured with up to 4TB ram,   Flash storage and 10Gbit networking - there's a quad 10GbaseT personality card, and remote server management/IPMI.

Collectively that's a huge specification in just 2u -   512 real cores/1024t  -- crazy storage options and memory potential,   (16TB ram in 2u?).  

Should be enough to get some wow's and stupidly high performance numbers... 

But can it

Run

crysis

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Hate being the fun-killer but no "Redundant" PSU's exist to power such a monster. Though, if you are considering such a device having an engineering department build a custom one probably isn't out of the question.

hmm possibly i've put this thread in the wrong forum.  oops! .

.. in software mode?       heck, you've got 256t and oodles or ram per node.  perhaps..

-- it has pcie 3.0 slots, low profile. so the cards would have to be kicked out of the case, but i guess it could work..