Dump your old ASUS AURA software! Aura creator!

Hello fellow RGB enthusiasts! *cringes in 2k$ of rgb*

I make this post primairly to show everyone that have not yet noticed this new amazing AURA software, but also for those who have and updated to it, to share their ideas and screenshot their sick profiles they made in the creator program!

SO, if you haven't yet noticed, ASUS has implemented a new AURA panel into their ARMOURY CRATE application!

linus1.thumb.png.ad6a7cf65fdd3795fbe009cfa5742f39.png

AND, not just this, but you can actually download an app called "AURA Creator" from the microsoft store (for free ofc, you will see the download link on your armoury crate where for me it says applying advanced effect).

And this software is just straight up amazing!!! Say goodbye to the old, useless, clunky, and badly optimised AURA software that we've had for the past years, and enjoy your RGB components to their fullest!

How AURA Creator looks like inside:

linus2.thumb.png.1d9a2aa4b3376222828d7e8c2823868c.png

As I think you can see, this is not just amazing, easy-to-use - works with user friendly drag and drop, and almost every feature is self explanatory -  and badass, but in fact YOU CAN FINALLY SAVE PROFILES in AURA!!!

Yes, you can configure and sync everything with this app, (non-asus products that are AURA compatible - such as my G-skill TridentZ RGB ram, and RGB periferals (if you go to the device part in the middle-top on the pic)

And take my word on this - if you manage to spend half an hour with the program to figure out how things work in it, you can really make sick ass profiles for you RGB. With this new software every single rgb in my system that used to look pretty shitty with old aura software (not smooth, chunky rainbows... so on) with this new  software, you can make some really smooth god tier RGB configs. If someone asks for it, I'll share the second part in my setup which is something like a pruple-red wavy thing (it's lit af with ROG STRIX z390 and TridentZ RGB).

On the lower right of the screen you can see Angle and Special effects, I personally have not yet figured out what the Angle part does, but the Special effects do what they look like they will - if you choose the (for example,) <--> button, your ram will change the color from the inside out, just like that, and if you set it to -><-, it will do like so. So you can only imagine the amount of possible setups here! :D

Very nice, there's no other words to describe this.

Note: For this to properly work you will have to compeletly uninstall your old-school AURA software with all of its components, since if you have the old one existing on your pc and the armoury crate one wanting to work too, they will collide and that will result in neither of the programs working, at least that was what happened with me.

Edited by ProPigeon
Topic moved to "tech news"

Mine just crashed with the latest windows update.  Maybe I'll install this instead of the old version again.  It certainly looks better than the old software.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Oh shoot! Thanks for the heads up. I never would have noticed since I just installed it in two days ago when I finished my new PC and it was the older one.

The problem for me isn't that I don't want to switch over to the new Aura. It's that uninstalling my current old Aura version is a pain in the *ss. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

46 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

The problem for me isn't that I don't want to switch over to the new Aura. It's that uninstalling my current old Aura version is a pain in the *ss. 

Yes it is.  I found this to work every time:

• Uninstall aura sync, aura service, galaxy gamer rgb and patriot viper rgb. Then reboot your computer
  • Remove folder LightningService under C:\program files (x86) (C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService)
  • Install latest version

Stand alone version 1.07.71 is still the old interface.

Guess I'll be waiting... Not downloading the Armoury Crate.

12 hours ago, Velcade said:

Stand alone version 1.07.71 is still the old interface.

Guess I'll be waiting... Not downloading the Armoury Crate.

Yeah, I was like waaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute when it looked the same. Came back here and saw armoury crate and yeah.... no thanks.

2 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Yeah, I was like waaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute when it looked the same. Came back here and saw armoury crate and yeah.... no thanks.

Why would you guys want to not get armoury crate, i don't understand I think it's cool and could not think of anything making anyone particularly want to avoid it?

1 minute ago, ProPigeon said:

Why would you guys want to not get armoury crate, i don't understand I think it's cool and could not think of anything making anyone particularly want to avoid it?

I'm not the type to just install software on my main PC. I'll need to set it up on a test system, monitor resources, see what data it tries to phone home with, etc...

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

I'm not the type to just install software on my main PC. I'll need to set it up on a test system, monitor resources, see what data it tries to phone home with, etc...

Can you be more specific? I'm getting interested. Like what can an app like this do to you?

What was wrong with your old post?

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

What was wrong with your old post?

Hi there again,

well, nothing really, I just wanted to make some final changes to it, and then I saw and tought it would be much better fit in "Tech news"

That's why I renamed the old post to "Moved / Please delete"

It's not really tech news. It fit perfectly in programs/apps.

-Threads Merged-

This does not meet Tech news Posting guidelines, and topics can be shifted as needed without making duplicate threads. If oyu need a topic moved, please use the report button and select "wrong Sub forum"

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I don't know if I want to update because last time I updated, I couldn't launch aura and had to go back to the old version.