Coolant stopped my pump?

Has anyone ever had a water cooling pump stop from getting gummed up from coolant dyes coming out of solution over time?

How often do you clean your loop? It's best not to use those dyes, especially cheaper ones. Microbial growth in your loop is also contributing factor for premature pump failure. 

17 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Has anyone ever had a water cooling pump stop from getting gummed up from coolant dyes coming out of solution over time?

Yes, see it all the time with people depending on the combo of the coolant itself vs loop components. More information necessary from your half

7 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

How often do you clean your loop? It's best not to use those dyes, especially cheaper ones. Microbial growth in your loop is also contributing factor for premature pump failure. 

the pump is fine I just cleaned it out, but I usually use the good ekwb dyes

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Yes, see it all the time with people depending on the combo of the coolant itself vs loop components. More information necessary from your half

my loops is very complex haha I was more just curious if people had it happen before, it was an easy fix that I can do like a yearly loop clean in the future. 

1 minute ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

my loops is very complex haha I was more just curious if people had it happen before, it was an easy fix that I can do like a yearly loop clean in the future. 

Complexity is only elegant if the problem requires it. A liquid loop is intrinsically a very simple setup and should not gum up or anything within the span of a couple of years. If you're introducing problems just for laughs then something is wrong.

Just now, For Science! said:

Complexity is only elegant if the problem requires it. A liquid loop is intrinsically a very simple setup and should not gum up or anything within the span of a couple of years. If you're introducing problems just for laughs then something is wrong.

it goes to a radiator on my roof, it also goes through a heat exchanger that picks up the heat of 2 servers and sends that to the roof, it is designed to help keep heat out of the room so I don't have to run my ac in the dead of winter. 

1 minute ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

it goes to a radiator on my roof, it also goes through a heat exchanger that picks up the heat of 2 servers and sends that to the roof, it is designed to help keep heat out of the room so I don't have to run my ac in the dead of winter. 

So in otherwords, its a normal loop. You shouldn't be having the problems you describe if you are using correct coolant with compatible metals.

15 minutes ago, For Science! said:

So in otherwords, its a normal loop. You shouldn't be having the problems you describe if you are using correct coolant with compatible metals.

It seemed that it was just the dye coming out of solution, there was no other contaminants. The heat exchanger is copper so I am pretty sure that would not be an issue. 

edit: So you are correct, now I am wondering what is causing this... it's not a big issue but I still would like to know. 

21 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Please be more specific. What exact die, what exact tubing, what exact radiator, what exact heat changer, what fluid temperature, what exact waterblock

It is unreasonable to expect any help if you are so vague and secretive of your "very complex loop"

9 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Please be more specific. What exact die, what exact tubing, what exact radiator, what exact heat changer, what fluid temperature, what exact waterblock

It is unreasonable to expect any help if you are so vague and secretive of your "very complex loop"

Well keep in mind I never asked for help I just asked if it happend before. The dye is ekwb concentrate navy blue, tubing is a mix of hard acrylic in my main PC and soft hardware store clear tubing for out to the roof rad. All my radiators are from ekwb but different sizes, the heat exchanger is just somthing I found on Amazon it's probably more for automotive applications. The fluid actually runs cool since it dumps right to the outdoors, like maybe 30c. There's so many parts but everything except the heat exchanger is from ekwb. I do thank you for trying to help though ?

5 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Are you using plasticizer free soft tubing? this and the heat exchanger which is still rather characterized are the prime suspects. I mean, the original question is as good as asking "Has anyone ever had a stomach ache after eating pizza?", so I think you'd do well to get more specific to help yourself as well as help others help you.

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Are you using plasticizer free soft tubing? this and the heat exchanger which is still rather characterized are the prime suspects. I mean, the original question is as good as asking "Has anyone ever had a stomach ache after eating pizza?", so I think you'd do well to get more specific to help yourself as well as help others help you.

Probably is not plastsizer free tubing. Also pizza is my favorite!

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Probably is not plastsizer free tubing. Also pizza is my favorite!

Would recommend getting EKWB ZMT for soft tubing. PVC tubing from hardware stores are notorious for causing issues with coolants.