Using a wireless phone charger to charge a mouse.

HOOTSMON

Will this work or can someone try it please? i dont have wireless charging phone. Mouse is G Pro Wireless. 

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

23 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

Will this work or can someone try it please? i dont have wireless charging phone. Mouse is G Pro Wireless. 

The mouse only supports Logitech's standard. So unless you find a charger that supports it and phones, it won't work.

44 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

The G Pro Wireless charges over USB, right? So it'll be 5V, and some number of amps (this should be listed on the bottom of the mouse, in theory).

So yes, a phone charger will work, as long as it can provide enough amps for the mouse (which, assuming the mouse can charge over USB 2.0, then yeah pretty much any USB phone charger will do fine).

EDIT: Whole lotta nope. If you want to Wirelessly charge, you need to use the Logitech PowerPlay system.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

11 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The mouse only supports Logitech's standard. So unless you find a charger that supports it and phones, it won't work.

Really? The mouse uses a proprietary charging standard? It doesn't just use standard 5V USB power?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Really? The mouse uses a proprietary charging standard? It doesn't just use standard 5V USB power?

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mouse-pads/powerplay-wireless-charging.html

I'm guessing "PowerPlay" is their standard for charging devices. They sure seem proud enough to trademark the term.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mouse-pads/powerplay-wireless-charging.html

I'm guessing "PowerPlay" is their standard for charging devices. They sure seem proud enough to trademark the term.

Ahhh I see the issue. I misunderstood the OP and didn't realize he was specifically talking about Wireless Charging.

I thought he just wanted to grab a USB 5V phone charger and plug his mouse into it with a USB cable.

My bad!

2 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

._.

The mousepad is 120$

That's litterally the cost of 2 high-end mice.

Why can't they just use Qi? Corsair has Qi wireless charging mice, and mousepads for wayy less

11 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

._.

The mousepad is 120$

That's litterally the cost of 2 high-end mice.

Why can't they just use Qi? Corsair has Qi wireless charging mice, and mousepads for wayy less

It works differently to how competitors do it. Corsair has a QI wireless charging mouse and placing the mouse in a specific spot in the corner of compatible mouse pads charges it. Whereas Logitech slowly charges the whole time you are using it. The idea being that you never have to worry about charging your mouse, although it takes no effort to put your mouse in a specific spot or plug it in to charge I think some people like the idea they never have to even think about it.

You are right though in that it is very expensive

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

fyi i seen a headphone stand with a wireless charging pad for a phone on its base for £12, i thought "hmmmmmmmmmm". Dont like the charging pad from Logitech.

Thanks for the input guys!

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.