Is there anything I can improve on?

Egg-Roll

First AMD build I know the 570 is the newest chipset, might get rid of RGB ram. I need a new monitor because my old one is showing it's age, but can wait. Also might need a different case the current one is old and hard to find it seems, I need 1 5.25 slot for my blu-ray drive and at least 4 HHD slots 2 are for steam 1 is for game captures 1+ free for future upgrades.

Won't be building it right now (hopefully before years end) but based on current info it seems getting intel might not be a good idea however the 9700K and equal board are slightly cheaper, significantly cheaper if I go with the 9600K but lose 2 cores.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($424.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 ACE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($498.56 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($189.99 @ Memory Express) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($189.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  ($508.88 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  ($179.99 @ Corsair) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Monitor: LG 24GM79G-B 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($259.00 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2496.38

Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-09 23:06 EST-0500

Edited by Egg-Roll
Minor text fixes

I'm guessing you know you need the 64GB of RAM? It would be better to get faster RAM otherwise, as Ryzen benefits from fast RAM in a lot of applications. You may be able to OC it without loosening the timings too much, but it's easier to run faster speed with fewer, lower capacity sticks (usually).

Also that board is fairly pricey, any specific features you need from it?

Other than that, not seeing any obvious issues, and it looks like a good build. Should be good for video editing, gaming, and streaming.

do you really need 64GB of ram? spend a bit more money for an AIB 5700XT instead of the reference card. get a corsair RMx or bitfenix whisper instead of the focus.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

That's a pretty awesome parts list as long as you're good for money.  You could wait for the 3950X to come out I suppose.  Maybe get a 1440p monitor instead if you're so inclined.  Do you need the 64 GB of RAM?  I'd rather get 16 or 32 at a higher speed.

I guess other than that you have several other options for case and motherboard...you could also pay a kidney to get a new RTX card if you wanted.

What's your full use-case scenario? Actual budget?

9 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

do you really need 64GB of ram? spend a bit more money for an AIB 5700XT instead of the reference card. get a corsair RMx or bitfenix whisper instead of the focus.

I missed that it's a blower-style (centrifugal) cooler. Definitely second the recommendation. Blowers are only good for reference cards (to remove the cooler to use waterblock) and for very cramped cases that don't have airflow. Otherwise it's better to go for axial (large models have dual or triple fans) as they usually cool more effectively at lower noise levels.

7 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

probably should look into a different psu than the focus line, im sure someone who’s more informed on that than I will explain why, as far as I know the focus golds are not recommended for some kind of flaw they have

The Focus line isn't bad, just missing some of the features and efficiency of Seasonic's higher end units.

1 minute ago, ZivZulander said:

I missed that it's reference cooler. Definitely second the recommendation. Blowers are only good for reference cards (to remove the cooler to use waterblock) and for very cramped cases that don't have airflow.

RMx has been reliable for me.  Don't think Seasonic Focus Gold is bad, at least not current models.  I actually used one in a build for someone years ago and it's never had an issue under load.  Corsair's always my personal go to though for my own stuff.

everything here looks pretty good, i would say get 32gb of ram at faster speeds, unless something you do on your computer requires an absolute ton of ram, and maybe for the monitor go up to 1440p, but if 1080p is your target it looks pretty good. Also dont get the reference card like ziv said, i would reccomend the red devil, as its one of the best ones ive heard for a good price

EDIT: for the monitor, if color and viewing angles are something you care about, i wouldn't recommend a TN panel, and your decision for IPS or VA is something you would have to weigh for yourself

Get faster ram. 3200mhz and above

Drop that reference RX 5700XT and get Gigabyte Gaming OC RX 5700XT

11 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Might not need 64GB but I do need more than the 32 I have ?image.png.0cef7df4fab815db7a761ba081ebdee3.png, this is low for me.

For the GPU when it comes time to buying it I'll take another look at pricing because it will be very close to the price of a 2070 Super which out preforms the 5700XT a little bit.

21 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

>why 64gb of ram

gee, I didn’t see that coming from a mile away 

I see this a lot, people thought 32 was excessive even after showing 100% usage, constantly.

25 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

You could wait for the 3950X to come out I suppose.  Maybe get a 1440p monitor instead if you're so inclined.  Do you need the 64 GB of RAM?  I'd rather get 16 or 32 at a higher speed.

I guess other than that you have several other options for case and motherboard...you could also pay a kidney to get a new RTX card if you wanted.

What's your full use-case scenario? Actual budget?

That cpu's price feels too pricey to justify, the monitor has to be a 1080 as that is what the past ones are and hooked up throwing in a 1440 would complicate things. 16GB would likely bottle neck my daily use, I've not had 16gb in a system since I redid my P4 about 10 years ago and it was 8gb. higher speeds don't seem to increase the price much for ram and in some cases makes it cheaper.

I currently don't have a budget but getting the most from my money. I don't need a new case technically but I would like to keep my current computer as a slave or backup. Uses are gaming leaving junk open and hopefully get back into video editing.

30 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Thats an extremely expensive motherboard and at that point you might as well get the asus pro-ws x570 ace instead which is just overall better than any of the consumer oriented x570 boards for its fairly large feature set

probably should look into a different psu than the focus line, im sure someone who’s more informed on that than I will explain why, as far as I know the focus golds are not recommended for some kind of flaw they have

Nope not touching ASUS anything anymore, every motherboard I've owned has been outlasted by every other component in said computer (in the case of my P4 3 boards :|). Even their peripherals lasted less time than anything else used.

Yea there's a potential issue with them but it's not just brand/line specific I think it's Gold/Platinum unless there is a actual issue with them, I'll likely go with a bronze unit from EVGA like my server has (similar pricing). Still unsure if I should trust Corsair for a PSU as my current one has horrid coil whine under gpu load and it tends to effect game play in some games at least initially.

Reason for the board is for the 3 PCI-E spots, because folding ? no other real reason so if I need to save a buck I can chose a different one, plus I like how it looks.

9 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Might not need 64GB but I do need more than the 32 I have ?image.png.0cef7df4fab815db7a761ba081ebdee3.png, this is low for me.

For the GPU when it comes time to buying it I'll take another look at pricing because it will be very close to the price of a 2070 Super which out preforms the 5700XT a little bit.

I see this a lot, people thought 32 was excessive even after showing 100% usage, constantly.

That cpu's price feels too pricey to justify, the monitor has to be a 1080 as that is what the past ones are and hooked up throwing in a 1440 would complicate things. 16GB would likely bottle neck my daily use, I've not had 16gb in a system since I redid my P4 about 10 years ago and it was 8gb. higher speeds don't seem to increase the price much for ram and in some cases makes it cheaper.

I currently don't have a budget but getting the most from my money. I don't need a new case technically but I would like to keep my current computer as a slave or backup. Uses are gaming leaving junk open and hopefully get back into video editing.

Nope not touching ASUS anything anymore, every motherboard I've owned has been outlasted by every other component in said computer (in the case of my P4 3 boards :|). Even their peripherals lasted less time than anything else used.

Yea there's a potential issue with them but it's not just brand/line specific I think it's Gold/Platinum unless there is a actual issue with them, I'll likely go with a bronze unit from EVGA like my server has (similar pricing). Still unsure if I should trust Corsair for a PSU as my current one has horrid coil whine under gpu load and it tends to effect game play in some games at least initially.

Reason for the board is for the 3 PCI-E spots, because folding ? no other real reason so if I need to save a buck I can chose a different one, plus I like how it looks.

1440p's kind of a normal thing...I've never had an issue running games at 1080 in a window or full screen.  2560x1440 is the same ratio as 1920x1080 so there's no stretch in either direction other than perhaps slight blur of texture due pixel size.  Most new titles have higher res textures available anyway, sometimes up to 4K.  Ultrawide where the ratio's different has more of a chance to cause annoyances as not all developers code for the different ratio.

Kind of curious since I don't think I've ever had coil whine from a Corsair (that may be due to my model selection or luck).  What model PSU do you have from Corsair now?

5 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

since you turn out to actually need to need that much ram, pick up a 2x32GB kit instead, the ones available don't have RGB but you get to save 2 slots for later. Most of the 80+ bronze units EVGA has are either mediocre or crappy, and coil whine can happen on any electronic so it's pretty unfair to single out corsair for this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Hmmm. Interesting build.

20 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Uh..what?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

1440p's kind of a normal thing...I've never had an issue running games at 1080 in a window or full screen.  2560x1440 is the same ratio as 1920x1080 so there's no stretch in either direction other than perhaps slight blur of texture due pixel size.  Most new titles have higher res textures available anyway, sometimes up to 4K.  Ultrawide where the ratio's different has more of a chance to cause annoyances as not all developers code for the different ratio.

Kind of curious since I don't think I've ever had coil whine from a Corsair (that may be due to my model selection or luck).  What model PSU do you have from Corsair now?

My concern are triple monitor compatible titles and whether or not they work together, however I'll look into it :)

The psu model is CX750 the CX part is green, apparently the newer version doesn't have this issue.

4 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

since you turn out to actually need to need that much ram, pick up a 2x32GB kit instead, the ones available don't have RGB but you get to save 2 slots for later. Most of the 80+ bronze units EVGA has are either mediocre or crappy, and coil whine can happen on any electronic so it's pretty unfair to single out corsair for this.

I doubt I would need more than 64GB but seeing as the price difference in doing so is very neglectable it is not a bad idea in case I do need to upgrade.

The issue is apparently only with the green labels, so as long as I don't touch any old stock that companies may have I should be fine(aka no online). Also I've had no issues with my 850BQ from EVGA, tho it was the only one cheap enough with a dual cpu and weird 5v rail requirement needed to boot... I equally have not truly put it threw its paces as well.

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Uh..what?

I've never mixed and matched screen sized, so I have no idea what would happen.

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Hmmm. Interesting build.

I actually never looked at the 3600 that much.

Good to know that now, but wouldn't the board be dual channel as well and no negative effects by filling up all slots? I'm going to do the 2 slot option nonetheless however.

Never actually knew it was a reference one it looked like one but never hit me till everyone freaked out about it

I'm running a 500GB HDD with a 70gb partition for Linux it's basically full otherwise. I'll double check pricing for the 1TB version.

Monies not the issue for that day, my work hours are very annoying for events as such. That said I can load my Amazon cart the day before full of items for the computer and one click buy those that are priced decently. Not sure if Canada Computers would allow in store pickup or not I forget and they'd be closed before I could get to them too.

On 11/9/2019 at 11:26 PM, Egg-Roll said:

My concern are triple monitor compatible titles and whether or not they work together, however I'll look into it :)

The psu model is CX750 the CX part is green, apparently the newer version doesn't have this issue.

I doubt I would need more than 64GB but seeing as the price difference in doing so is very neglectable it is not a bad idea in case I do need to upgrade.

The issue is apparently only with the green labels, so as long as I don't touch any old stock that companies may have I should be fine(aka no online). Also I've had no issues with my 850BQ from EVGA, tho it was the only one cheap enough with a dual cpu and weird 5v rail requirement needed to boot... I equally have not truly put it threw its paces as well.

I've never mixed and matched screen sized, so I have no idea what would happen.

I actually never looked at the 3600 that much.

Good to know that now, but wouldn't the board be dual channel as well and no negative effects by filling up all slots? I'm going to do the 2 slot option nonetheless however.

Never actually knew it was a reference one it looked like one but never hit me till everyone freaked out about it

I'm running a 500GB HDD with a 70gb partition for Linux it's basically full otherwise. I'll double check pricing for the 1TB version.

Monies not the issue for that day, my work hours are very annoying for events as such. That said I can load my Amazon cart the day before full of items for the computer and one click buy those that are priced decently. Not sure if Canada Computers would allow in store pickup or not I forget and they'd be closed before I could get to them too.

Why limit yourself to only two options? Memory Express and NewEgg both have excellent sales as well. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 11/11/2019 at 12:11 PM, dizmo said:

Why limit yourself to only two options? Memory Express and NewEgg both have excellent sales as well. 

Not out of disrespect for ME but they are not close to me and we are talking about going from BC to Ont passing threw the Prairies in a non heated trailer so it comes down to weather and items I know are resistant enough to said weather(aka no motherboards ram etc, cpu sure, so long as it's not -40 out), as for NE I might look at them pre-Friday to check out pricing but they only came up for the processor in the list initially. Amazon I can get delivered to a local post office w/o doing anything extra via checkout assuming prime doesn't work for me, everyone else I'll have to use my FlexDelivery that is basically a redirect to the local post office. If CC allows to store shipping/pick up it's easy for me to pick up as well, and their warehouse is in Markham.

Ok so I just looked up ME and apparently they opened up a location in Hamilton, I don't drive and any savings would be thrown out of the window even if I did. That said I doubt they ship out of local stores since shipping costs are typically flat fees across Canada for businesses (or pricing is minuscule for the hassle of extra inventory/space needed). Funny thing is they took over Canada Computers old unit in Hamilton. Also Ontario seems to be "unknown" to them, at least that is what Hamiltons location comes up as.

11 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Not out of disrespect for ME but they are not close to me and we are talking about going from BC to Ont passing threw the Prairies in a non heated trailer so it comes down to weather and items I know are resistant enough to said weather(aka no motherboards ram etc, cpu sure, so long as it's not -40 out), as for NE I might look at them pre-Friday to check out pricing but they only came up for the processor in the list initially. Amazon I can get delivered to a local post office w/o doing anything extra via checkout assuming prime doesn't work for me, everyone else I'll have to use my FlexDelivery that is basically a redirect to the local post office. If CC allows to store shipping/pick up it's easy for me to pick up as well, and their warehouse is in Markham.

Ok so I just looked up ME and apparently they opened up a location in Hamilton, I don't drive and any savings would be thrown out of the window even if I did. That said I doubt they ship out of local stores since shipping costs are typically flat fees across Canada for businesses (or pricing is minuscule for the hassle of extra inventory/space needed). Funny thing is they took over Canada Computers old unit in Hamilton. Also Ontario seems to be "unknown" to them, at least that is what Hamiltons location comes up as.

I guess you're unaware that shipping is a thing? ME ships.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

20 hours ago, dizmo said:

I guess you're unaware that shipping is a thing? ME ships.

I was referring to shipping, if it was warm out like summer/spring/2 weeks ago no issues, but it's very unlikely anything bought from ME will be shipped from the Hamilton location but the main warehouse likely in BC since the logistics in doing so would be a nightmare. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Hamilton location is using CC's main warehouse in Markham as a supplier till they get a decent foothold to justify their own warehouse to limit transit time over buying and potential shipping costs that could kill profits.

12 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I was referring to shipping, if it was warm out like summer/spring/2 weeks ago no issues, but it's very unlikely anything bought from ME will be shipped from the Hamilton location but the main warehouse likely in BC since the logistics in doing so would be a nightmare. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Hamilton location is using CC's main warehouse in Markham as a supplier till they get a decent foothold to justify their own warehouse to limit transit time over buying and potential shipping costs that could kill profits.

The parts don't get shipped in heated boxes from China, either. They're unaffected by temperature.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

The parts don't get shipped in heated boxes from China, either. They're unaffected by temperature.

Correct, however the external temperatures rarely if ever drop below freezing and therefore internal air temperatures in the containers on the ships should never dip below 0C, not to mention most electronics shipped on the ocean are typically done so in weather sealed units to some degree, whereas those trailers traveling threw the prairies could be subjected to -10C or lower by the time they get shipped since they will likely be following the Trans-Canadian Highway, plus cardboard boxes are hardly weather sealed.

I actually have a package coming from Richmond right now, it's going to take up to a week to get to me, the road trip is about 4400km, or a possible 50 hours+ in the cold. Now if the week after BF is supposed to be warm or forecast to be, then sure ME is in the game else understandably 4400km is a long distance to save a few bucks extra.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Correct, however the external temperatures rarely if ever drop below freezing and therefore internal air temperatures in the containers on the ships should never dip below 0C, not to mention most electronics shipped on the ocean are typically done so in weather sealed units to some degree, whereas those trailers traveling threw the prairies could be subjected to -10C or lower by the time they get shipped since they will likely be following the Trans-Canadian Highway, plus cardboard boxes are hardly weather sealed.

I actually have a package coming from Richmond right now, it's going to take up to a week to get to me, the road trip is about 4400km, or a possible 50 hours+ in the cold. Now if the week after BF is supposed to be warm or forecast to be, then sure ME is in the game else understandably 4400km is a long distance to save a few bucks extra.

I've lived in Alberta for years. I've never had an issue with something electronic being damaged from cold. You're being irrational.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I've lived in Alberta for years. I've never had an issue with something electronic being damaged from cold. You're being irrational.

Not irrational, irrational is still saying no knowing it would be going by air. You live about 8-12 hours away, simply crash at a friends for the night (or 2 drivers) and you are good, or if items being shipped it would be on the road for 14-18 hours non-stop "maybe" depending on how the transportation hubs work between the 2 provinces. Also my calculations for the time being outside was wrong if it was only one truck (possible) or the items spend 1 hour indoors being transferred at each major city, plus 8 hours every 16 hours for sleep possibly.

The longest time I've had anything computer part related outside in the cold was moving my last computer from my home to a family members, it was outside for a total of 45 minutes because I took transit. That said will anything bad likely happen? Probably not, but the likelihood of saving some stupid large amount of money for doing the 7 day shipping plus potential long term exposure to the cold is very unlikely and will be at most $20-50 total in savings which could be possible to be gotten on boxing day.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Not irrational, irrational is still saying no knowing it would be going by air. You live about 8-12 hours away, simply crash at a friends for the night (or 2 drivers) and you are good, or if items being shipped it would be on the road for 14-18 hours non-stop "maybe" depending on how the transportation hubs work between the 2 provinces. Also my calculations for the time being outside was wrong if it was only one truck (possible) or the items spend 1 hour indoors being transferred at each major city, plus 8 hours every 16 hours for sleep possibly.

The longest time I've had anything computer part related outside in the cold was moving my last computer from my home to a family members, it was outside for a total of 45 minutes because I took transit. That said will anything bad likely happen? Probably not, but the likelihood of saving some stupid large amount of money for doing the 7 day shipping plus potential long term exposure to the cold is very unlikely and will be at most $20-50 total in savings which could be possible to be gotten on boxing day.

I really have no idea what you're on about. You can simply ship the items to you; you don't have to buy them in store. It doesn't matter if they're in a truck that's cold...how do you think these products get to cold cities? Do you think they're not sitting outside for lengthy periods of time? Do you think they're not parked? When I was manager in a retail store we'd frequently have trailers sitting outside, in -40, with electronics in them, with absolutely no issue.

Like I said. You're being completely irrational.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I really have no idea what you're on about. You can simply ship the items to you; you don't have to buy them in store. It doesn't matter if they're in a truck that's cold...how do you think these products get to cold cities? Do you think they're not sitting outside for lengthy periods of time? Do you think they're not parked? When I was manager in a retail store we'd frequently have trailers sitting outside, in -40, with electronics in them, with absolutely no issue.

Like I said. You're being completely irrational.

No known issues doesn't equal no risk, even if you tested every single item on that truck. I know they likely got here from BC however since most are likely already here or will be before then, so why take extra risks over a few bucks, plus shipping times is a huge disadvantage esp if I get everything else locally and would be waiting for the one or 2 pieces for the cheapest price. I also know trailers stay relative to the buildings temperature even without proper enclosures, plus the sun adds internal temperatures (I was in a trailer in -30 last year and was warmer than the building). Stuff gets real at night since the sun is no longer out to add the extra warmth and assuming said place isn't ran 24/7 doors would be closed. Daytime -40 no issues, nighttime -40 in a trailer can have issues..

Also my point is your distance from the warehouse/stores in BC is far less than mine, less distance = less risk environmentally caused or by others.

Now If I can buy the computer for less via ME on BF then sure I'll be willing to buy it from them assuming shipping costs don't kill the savings or the shipping times kill the benefit of buying from them.

• 2 weeks later...

So Amazon has started their black Friday sale, based on what I've seen so far what I've gotten is the best deal so far:

3800x $396

970 evo 1tb $200 (40x5 months)

MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi $274, decided on getting the cheaper one nearly half the price 1 less pci slot

LG 24GL600F (1ms 144Hz) $200

All Amazon and currently the best deals, ram isn't going on sale right now Canada Computers has the Corsair TX Series TX750M 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply for $110 on Friday. Haven't seen GPUs really on sale next to the typical x $ off.

Edit:
@dizmo

here is what I mean by killing savings based on shipping for ME (NE didn't have anything really special to justify me to buy from multiple vendors)

image.png.fb76ba91454703b2a3f458148691beeb.png

Yes it's a case, and yes it's heavy. However when a site typically advertises flat fee under x amount of weight that is a contract cost and after that weight normal company account shipping costs likely apply(never bothered to test this). It's going via United Poop Services (CP was $65), so I'm going to possibly have to haul the 60lb thing 20 minutes home ($10 walmart towel should work) on a Saturday, it gets RTS'd because I can't pick it up in time due to work or possibly register a damaged goods report, hopefully none of them. Perks of not buying locally/Amazon, but for this case it's imo worth it.