Is it worth it to take a less than 200$ 1080p, 144hz monitor?

Neymus

So, in my future build, I'm going to have a RTX 2060, and I have a little bit of money left for the monitor. Since my GPU is more likely doing 144 fps, should I get a cheap 144hz monitor? I don't care about the size, in fact, I have limited space so 24" is like the perfect size.

Yeah you can budget less. Dell S2419HGF was on sale for $100 the other day. If you wait for a good sale you can get something solid. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Yeah you can budget less. Dell S2419HGF was on sale for $100 the other day. If you wait for a good sale you can get something solid. 

Wow ok, I'm 100% going to buy one on black friday

1 minute ago, Neymus said:

Wow ok, I'm 100% going to buy one on black friday

Keep an eye on /r/buildapcsales

IMHO Black Friday sales are normally shit. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

3 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Keep an eye on /r/buildapcsales

IMHO Black Friday sales are normally shit. 

But uh do you some crappy budget 144hz monitors that I should avoid?

1 minute ago, Neymus said:

But uh do you some crappy budget 144hz monitors that I should avoid?

Depends. I always do a google search and try and find some forum or reddit threads on people's opinions. Normally that is the best way. 

Obviously, more known brands tend to be more reliable in terms of their quality control 

ask me about my homelab

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

Depends. I always do a google search and try and find some forum or reddit threads on people's opinions. Normally that is the best way. 

Obviously, more known brands tend to be more reliable in terms of their quality control 

So brands like samsung, acer, dell are most likely reliable?

1 hour ago, Neymus said:

So, in my future build, I'm going to have a RTX 2060, and I have a little bit of money left for the monitor. Since my GPU is more likely doing 144 fps, should I get a cheap 144hz monitor? I don't care about the size, in fact, I have limited space so 24" is like the perfect size.

check out rtings.com and tftcentral.co.uk

Only consider monitors that have been reviewed thoroughly.

Generally speaking the sweet spot for budget for monitors is around $400-$500, above that u dont gain a huge amount more quality or features, and below that u most certainly loss quality and some features.

if ur going to spend around $200 i'd highly recommend trying to get something on sale around the Christmas period that was originally around the $400+ price range. But again make sure u only get something thats been reviewed. Monitors are one of these items that spec simply dont give enough information to get an idea of how they perform. For example specs wont tell u anything about uniformity, and the advertised response times are all but a lie being very very misleading.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |