Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RS232 (COM) to USB adapter recognizes but doesnt read

I'm trying to use LPG Injection Controller v4.60 with a cheap USB to COM cable that I got as a gift because it wasnt working - easy enough the ground wire was broken off so quick solder and my laptop (W10 64 bit) found and recognized it.

Good but when I try to connect to the actual LPG computer, it does not read the data of it.

Inspecting the adapter board, I tried reversing the 2 USB data channels - green and white wires, but that ended in Code 43 and unrecognizable USB.....

Tried changing the whole cable and soldering new cable - same results.

What am I missing here?

COM properties are configured as the software manual says..

Do you know the hardware specification of the serial port on the LPG Injection Controller? Not all serial ports are built the same, especially with regards to voltage of the signal. The RS-232 spec allows for -15  to -3V and +3 to + 15V. And some implementations just say "whatever" and use 0V as the 0 bit.

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Do you know the hardware specification of the serial port on the LPG Injection Controller? Not all serial ports are built the same, especially with regards to voltage of the signal. The RS-232 spec allows for -15  to -3V and +3 to + 15V.

No idea - everywhere in the manual is called just "COM PORT DIAGNOSTICS"

These are the recommended settings in the manual.

Bаud rate – 115,200 bps;

Data bits – 8;

Parity – None;

Stop bits – 1;

To the actual COM port only go 3 wires - 1 ground, 1 communication RX  and 1 communication TX according to the wire diagram.

The annoying thing to me personally is that it works right away with my dad's Dell Latitude D620 but that psychical COM port on it - only when I try to get it to work with an adapter to USB everything goes south.