How do you use your Smartphone ?

Go to solution Solved by Gegger,

my phone doesn't go in my pocket, but it would go inwards facing right front pocket, i'd use a bag though

charging port is up

righty here, i use both, usually only right though cuz glide typing

How do you put your phone into your pocket, Screen facing inwards or outwards ? Do you put it into your left or right front or back pocket. Do you store it in your Pants, bag, jacket or do you have a LTT Hoddie with the phone pocket ?

Is your phones charging port (USB C, lightning or Micro USB) facing up or down when it is in your pocket, bag, jacket or LTT Hoddie ?

Are you left or right handed and with which hand do you hold your phone while using it ? And which hand do you use to do gestures and swipe away on the Screen ? 

Do you use your phone one handed or do you use both hands ?

For Me: I am right handed but I use my left hand to hold my phone and my right hand in combination with my left hand to type. But I either use my (right and left) thumb or right middle finger to do gestures and to tap on stuff. I always put my phone with the Screen facing inwards and with the USB C port up into my right front pants pocket. I never use my phone one handed except if I'm navigating through a city using Google Maps then I hold my phone with my right hand.

Cheers

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

my phone doesn't go in my pocket, but it would go inwards facing right front pocket, i'd use a bag though

charging port is up

righty here, i use both, usually only right though cuz glide typing

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

When at work I put it in my back pocket, screen facing out. For some reason the touch screen register touches when it's facing my nice toochie !!

The rest of the time (at home or outside work, it's in my font hoodie / coat pocket.

I have a Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite, the USB-C port face down (though somehow it's USB 2.0, not USB3!! :( ), I remember having an old phone that had it's charging port on top, and that was annoying AF!!!

I use both hands, though I'm left handed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

depends, i use both single handed and both. hence the reason i hated when samsung moved the fingerprint to the back side. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 minute ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

i hated when samsung moved the fingerprint to the back side. 

personally love that placement on my Xiaomi !

Front right pants pocket with screen facing in and the charging port (on the bottom of the phone) is oriented up. This makes it so when I pull it out of my pocket with my right hand (I'm right handed) I don't have to reorient the phone to use it.

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

personally love that placement on my Xiaomi !

how so? before if its on my table i can use my right index, right thumb, left index and left thumb, how ever i was comfortable with opening my phone, now not only do i have to pick up the damn phone, i also have to use index and never the thumb, it's just so backwards. when i'm on my bike, a quick pull down of my phone with thumb carrying the weight of the phone, it's just half a second action it's already unlocked by the time i see it, with it being backwards, not only do i have to open it from the pocket, i also have to position my index and then open it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Right pocket, screen facing inward, charging port up. Reason being my hand can naturally pull it out in that direction. 

I hold it in either hand depending on the situation. 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

Front pockets (right or left), screen facing inwards with charging port facing upwards (USB C). this way i can just reach into my pocket and have the phone orientated to the natural position of my hand and then I can instantly sign in with the finger print sensor on the back of the phone. I am right handed.  I have a google Pixel 2 and Im lovin' it

Aurora:

CPU- Ryzen 2600X

GPU- MSI GTX 980ti Sapphire RX 480 4gb

RAM- 8gb

PSU- EVGA GQ 650 Watt

Motherboard- MSI X470 gaming pro

Case- Thermaltake View 21

Storage- a couple of HDDs I had around

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/4F6scf

A Much Needed Upgrade

@Rohith_Kumar_Sp

I liked the front placement on my last Samsung, but I'm not sure why, it was working less than 50% of the time and was annoying AF. My current phone also has the LG double-tap feature to wake up the screen, so even with the fingerprint scanner is on the back, I don't have to lift the phone to unlock it! :P 

9 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

@Rohith_Kumar_Sp

My current phone also has the LG double-tap feature to wake up the screen, so even with the fingerprint scanner is on the back, I don't have to lift the phone to unlock it! :P 

if you have a fingerprint scanner but you have to rely on double tap and pattern, it's not really a secure and convenient option to unlock your phone. and no dont even get my started on face unlock. that said i'm still on S7 edge with hardware scanner not ultrasound one.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I use pants that have pockets on the thigh, so I have my phone in the thigh pocket on the right side, ofc with screen inwards and charging point up, I just dont know why anyone would do anything else than those two things as then the phone is just naturally in the right direction when you pick it up.... My finger just naturally lands on the fingerprint sensor that is on the back of the phone, so its unlocked basically when it leaves my pocket.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Don't have a smartphone. I have a Pantech P5000, calls and texts. I use a belt pouch. Phone goes in upside down with the screen facing my body. Makes it naturally come out in a usable position. I never did quite understand keeping a phone in ones pocket. The belt pouch seems so much better to me.

Phone goes in the front pocket of my bag, side ways. Female clothes don't have pockets :(

When in use it's in my right hand 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Female clothes don't have pockets :(

Discovered that a few years ago (yeah, was clueless about that for most of my life!), I can't explain how much this triggered me !!!

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Discovered that a few years ago (yeah, was clueless about that for most of my life!), I can't explain how much this triggered me !!!

Yeah every Girl I've ever met has her phone in the back pocket. But that makes it way more easier for pickpockets to steal it imo.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Phone goes in the front pocket of my bag, side ways. Female clothes don't have pockets :(

When in use it's in my right hand 

I never understood why they don't put pockets on female pants. Is there any good reason?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

3 hours ago, Pascal... said:

How do you put your phone into your pocket, Screen facing inwards or outwards ? Do you put it into your left or right front or back pocket. Do you store it in your Pants, bag, jacket or do you have a LTT Hoddie with the phone pocket ?

Is your phones charging port (USB C, lightning or Micro USB) facing up or down when it is in your pocket, bag, jacket or LTT Hoddie ?

Are you left or right handed and with which hand do you hold your phone while using it ? And which hand do you use to do gestures and swipe away on the Screen ? 

Do you use your phone one handed or do you use both hands ?

Personally I just throw it in my pants' right pocket, usually screen facing outwards because I don't put too much thought into it.

The charging port and headphone jack (crazy, right?!) are on opposites ends and since I am a mad man using wired earphones, the charging port is usually pointing down. I don't have any bio-metric stuff either, so don't have to worry about picking it up a certain way either

I am primarily right handed (mouse, writing, etc.), but I also am ambidextrous in some aspects (utensils, sports stuff, can do mousing left-handed too, etc.) including using my phone. I just usually use whichever hand. I do double-hand it during typing.

29 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

I never understood why they don't put pockets on female pants. Is there any good reason?

Sell a problem - sell a solution.

Ever noticed that clothing stores inexplicably sell handbags as well? ;) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I don't pay attention to its orientation but I always put it in my right front pocket. My wallet goes in my left front pocket.

I use my phone with my right hand for the most part and even though I have an iPhone 6 Plus, I also have a large enough hand to mostly use it with one hand.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

28 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

7 minutes ago, minibois said:

Ever noticed that clothing stores are inexplicably sell handbags as well?

this

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

29 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

because fashion 

8 minutes ago, minibois said:

Sell a problem - sell a solution.

Ever noticed that clothing stores inexplicably sell handbags as well?

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

this

Just now, spartaman64 said:

because fashion

Sure, but, has no one said, "This is stupid, let's just add pockets" before? I could not go without front pockets.

18 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Sure, but, has no one said, "This is stupid, let's just add pockets" before? I could not go without front pockets.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/09/the-gender-politics-of-pockets/380935/

Camilla Olson, creative director of an eponymous high tech fashion firm, points to inherent sexism within the industry. Mid-range fashion is a male dominated business, driven not by form and function, but by design and how fabric best drapes the body.
“I honestly believe the fashion industry is not helping women advance,” Olson said. And the lack of functional designs for women is one example. "We [women] know clearly we need pockets to carry technology and I think it’s expected we are going to carry a purse. When we’re working we don’t carry purses around. A pocket is a reasonable thing.”

Sara Kozlowski, who works in professional development at the Council of Fashion Designers of America and is a visiting critic with Parsons The New School of Design, is more blunt. She squarely places the blame on fast fashion labels busily churning out copies of high-end designs that aren’t adapted to the lives of a normal person who isn’t strutting down a runway.

“I think when you’re going to the upper price points of designer clothes, people tend to be less conscious of trends and more into quality and longevity,” Kozlowski said. So for them, it makes sense not to design around the latest smartphone model. “But in mid-market, contemporary brands, trends are what drive the industry. In that regard, it’s an epic fail.”

That said, most designers don’t consider pockets as part of the functionality of women’s clothes just yet—they’re still looking at purses as the way for women to carry their smartphones and other technological devices. And surprisingly, some major brands haven’t come up with a clear plan about how to design for new technology. Tom Mora, head of women’s design at J. Crew, the preppy line that feeds into many a work wardrobe, acknowledged that technology such as tablets and smartphones are nearly impossible to live without. But as to what exactly J. Crew—or other brands—would do to fit these devices into clothing was vague; Mora simply wrote in an email that J. Crew “consider every aspect of the way our customers live their lives … We think about these details, whether it’s introducing new tech accessories for the new iPhone 6, or special interior pockets to carry the various generations of iPads or tablets.” Mora admitted, however, that there’s nothing that fits that description available from J. Crew at the moment.

someone should start a clothing line around the idea of pockets on women's pants and it will probably sell well

i have no idea why it keeps putting lines 

5 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

-snip-

wow, alright. You know, the most stupid thing I've seen were fake pockets on women's clothes which feel like an insult to injury.

Sorry for derailing the topic, this just baffles me.

I take my backpack everywhere I go, so its in the front pocket (keys, wallet, cellphone) - I don't like having things in my pockets (dunno why, it doesn't trigger me just a preference)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case