Huge Anti-Piracy Operation in Brazil Targets Hundreds of Websites & Apps

Flying Sausages

https://torrentfreak.com/huge-anti-piracy-operation-in-brazil-targets-hundreds-of-websites-apps-191104/

A massive operation in Brazil has seen police across the country take action against hundreds of 'pirate' websites and apps. The Ministry of Justice initially said that 'suspensions' had hit 136 sites and 100 apps but that number has continued to grow. Authorities state that they received assistance from US authorities including ICE and the Department of Justice.

Authorities in Brazil have periodically attempted to disrupt piracy in the region, including actions such as ‘Operation Copyright‘ that targeted a large private torrent site in January. Last Friday, however, it became clear that a much more ambitious operation had begun. Codenamed ‘Operation 404’ after the HTTP error of the same name, the action was announced by Brazil’s Ministry of Justice and Public Security. During an early press conference detailing progress thus far, the Secretariat of Integrated Operations (Seopi) revealed that “136 websites and 100 applications” had already been suspended alongside the execution of 30 search and seizure warrants. “After four months of investigation, it can be said that the action is a milestone for piracy in the country, which causes various

Operation 404 initiate

While pirate software is bad because you are not supporting the people that develop the software. In addition, a lot of pirate software come with hidden malware or rootkit. Do you think hackers waste their time to  crack a software for free use without any income at all? You are wrong!

The police and the government can try to take down many pirate sites and software, but they will get replace very quick because pirate users are like a virus. If you destroy one at a time, then another one will grow back to replace the spot.

The US government: *ignores the parts of the country that are collapsing due to opiates*

Also the US government: "Hey, Brazil wants our help on piracy! Let's go do that!"

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Its cute they think they can make a dent in digital piracy. They'll be about as successful as trying to delete the Internet :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I know people that work in software sales. Anti-piracy is just as corupt as piracy, but the anti-piracy people are less intelligent. I don't support the piracy and/or anti-piracy industries. I say just buy stuff off steam sales and support indie developers coz they always make the most innovative games.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Sure you can just use this image.png.e56fdcec870900cabc2d10b1ac883e62.png + this giant_73233.jpg = internet deleted ?

I actually know someone that did this. It took them weeks to repair the fibre optic connection between two buildings. It was in a car park so that made the labour cost more expensive!

Serious question : what is produced in Brazil that piracy would affect?

Or are just alot of these sites hosted in Brazil? 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Serious question : what is produced in Brazil that piracy would affect?

Or are just alot of these sites hosted in Brazil? 

Probably the latter. It's almost always the latter in these anti-piracy efforts.

Didn't Adobe deleted or suspended everyone's legit CC account in Brazil or some other South American countries?

So the people over there cannot use both legit and pirated apps?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Didn't Adobe deleted or suspended everyone's legit CC account in Brazil or some other South American countries?

Venezuela, I think it was.

43 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Venezuela, I think it was.

yes it was Venezuela. and they didn't give refunds if i remember.

Who wants to take bets on how many more replies until this thread devolves into a debate over the definition of "theft". 

4 minutes ago, Waffles13 said:

Who wants to take bets on how many more replies until this thread devolves into a debate over the definition of "theft". 

You don't "steal" digital goods, you infringe on copyright.
Piracy is copyright infringement not theft. Theft has just stuck around as a description since the earliest of the poorly made anti-piracy ads (which came out before anti-piracy laws).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

You don't "steal" digital goods, you infringe on copyright.
Piracy is copyright infringement not theft. Theft has just stuck around as a description since the earliest of the poorly made anti-piracy ads (which came out before anti-piracy laws).

So one post then. 

Spoiler

I guess it's my fault, really. 

Edit: To be clear, I don't think piracy is directly comparable to theft either, but it's what these threads always turn into and it's the least meaningful part of the piracy debate. 

2 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

The US government: *ignores the parts of the country that are collapsing due to opiates*

Also the US government: "Hey, Brazil wants our help on piracy! Let's go do that!"

Oh that's simple.
Fixing economy crippling drug trade problems is difficult and fraught with peril.
Combating a website takes certain arms of the US government no more effort than a passing interest.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

19 minutes ago, Waffles13 said:

So one post then. 

Reveal hidden contents

I guess it's my fault, really. 

Edit: To be clear, I don't think piracy is directly comparable to theft either, but it's what these threads always turn into and it's the least meaningful part of the piracy debate. 

It wasn't about the definition of theft. So it hasn't started yet ?.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

My guess it's all the small warez sites that are going down since I still find a lot of of non-SA sites still up as well as pirate bay proxies everywhere.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

While pirate software is bad because you are not supporting the people that develop the software. In addition, a lot of pirate software come with hidden malware or rootkit. Do you think hackers waste their time to  crack a software for free use without any income at all? You are wrong!

[Citation Required]

Anything that comes out of "the scene" will be clean. If word got it out that a scene release contained malware that group would be done for.

Users downloading non scene releases roll the dice but with modern AVs being so effective the chances of a virus making it through are minimal.

Crackers do what they do because they like the challenge. Beating the system and learning how it works is their reward.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Users downloading non scene releases roll the dice but with modern AVs being so effective the chances of a virus making it through are minimal.

Crackers do what they do because they like the challenge. Beating the system and learning how it works is their reward.

Almost every crack will be a false positive, also, I think quite recently there was a group(not well regarded by any means) that got mass deleted from private trackers because they did include some bad shit in their releases. Virus downloads from scene are like getting murdered by a priest, it's very unlikely, but still possible.

That being said, I use private trackers without my paranoia getting in a way, if I am going to get a virus, it's much more likely going to be from some ad than torrents.

Indeed groups like CODEX are unlikely to include malicious software in their releases.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Good and bad at the same time. Copyrighted content gets its money, but old stuff with original dubbing will disappear (still have my VHS tapes, but the players are falling apart).

Disney for example redubbed a ton of stuff while remastering and they got really really bad. (e.g. Reluctant Dragon, The Wind in the Willows, The Great Mouse Detective). :/

Did someone mention Star Wars and George Lucas? :D

With that track record I can't wait what "corrections and adjustments" will Disney bring when they decide to re-re-re-release the first trilogy while trying to get at least some money back from their flops.

obligatory

image.png.57884a645223e9e813848170fb34508a.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

18 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

18 hours ago, BasicallyAMod said:

yes it was Venezuela. and they didn't give refunds if i remember.

That was because of sanctions, not piracy.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

That was because of sanctions, not piracy.

Ok sanctions, so they went to piracy. Now piracy is gone too, and they're willing to pay for software, and they can't. What now, open source?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list