2080 Ti sli watercooled

HunterGunner

I know this had been asked a million times but what would i have to do to put a sli bridge well water cooling both cards. I would be using a ASUS 2080 ti Strix oc. Would i need to get a serial bridge or parrel bridge or would that not affect it?

i would ask you why do you need two gpus? sli is crap these days, well, sli no, nvlink, that is the same crap

19 minutes ago, goto10 said:

i would ask you why do you need two gpus? sli is crap these days, well, sli no, nvlink, that is the same crap

Trying to push the max 4k frames possible 

for game,s very few modern games support two gpus in sli or nvlink, keep that in mind, theoretically directx 12 does support two gpus, but the gpus do work alone, no nvlink required

on some cases the 4k power will be produced by only one gpu, because game developers moved away from 2 gpu systems, as the rest of the market and nvidia with amd did, sli, nvlink and crossfire, all are pretty much dead

having said that, yes, in a small amount of games(that i hope you play) you might benefit from two 2080ti in nvlink

look at this video, where pci express speed and other nvlink details are discussed

most of the nvlink bridges will limit the design of your pc and the gpus you can buy to use in this setup, because the sli bridge has a fixed lenght and height, meaning that in most cases your gpus cannont be higher than 2 expansion slots and this means that you will almost be using the 2080 ti nvidia design, most of the other designs are 2.5 or 3 slots, even 3.5 slots height, so the bridge will be a problem because it will not fit, in the vide thumbnail you  can see there are 2 models basically, one that allows 2 slots and other that alllow 3 slots in terms of distance between the gpus nvlink conectors

alot to consider

the gpu on top of the sli design will work hotter if remains on air cooling, your original question goes directly on watercooling so i understand that you already considered that limitation

in this case you need a case design for two gpus and probably the cpu, this means you might need 2 240mm radiators, a pump, 2 gpu waterblocks for 2080ti nvidia reference model, cpu waterblock, a water reservoir, lots of tubing and lots of connectors

ekwb is the manufacturer of thse parts that is more know for having great quality

remember that such design means that you will have more to do in terms of maintain the pc at the best performance, clean radiators, fans, check water status/quality, temperatures, check pump is working and water flowing

my point is try to convince you not to follow this path, go with 1 gpu, not with 2, avoid the watercooling fight

4k will be doable at higher more stable fps only with next gen gpus, 2090ti is great for 4k but not perfect, but is way better than two gpus and a complicated watercooling system

1 hour ago, goto10 said:

for game,s very few modern games support two gpus in sli or nvlink, keep that in mind, theoretically directx 12 does support two gpus, but the gpus do work alone, no nvlink required

on some cases the 4k power will be produced by only one gpu, because game developers moved away from 2 gpu systems, as the rest of the market and nvidia with amd did, sli, nvlink and crossfire, all are pretty much dead

having said that, yes, in a small amount of games(that i hope you play) you might benefit from two 2080ti in nvlink

look at this video, where pci express speed and other nvlink details are discussed

most of the nvlink bridges will limit the design of your pc and the gpus you can buy to use in this setup, because the sli bridge has a fixed lenght and height, meaning that in most cases your gpus cannont be higher than 2 expansion slots and this means that you will almost be using the 2080 ti nvidia design, most of the other designs are 2.5 or 3 slots, even 3.5 slots height, so the bridge will be a problem because it will not fit, in the vide thumbnail you  can see there are 2 models basically, one that allows 2 slots and other that alllow 3 slots in terms of distance between the gpus nvlink conectors

alot to consider

the gpu on top of the sli design will work hotter if remains on air cooling, your original question goes directly on watercooling so i understand that you already considered that limitation

in this case you need a case design for two gpus and probably the cpu, this means you might need 2 240mm radiators, a pump, 2 gpu waterblocks for 2080ti nvidia reference model, cpu waterblock, a water reservoir, lots of tubing and lots of connectors

ekwb is the manufacturer of thse parts that is more know for having great quality

remember that such design means that you will have more to do in terms of maintain the pc at the best performance, clean radiators, fans, check water status/quality, temperatures, check pump is working and water flowing

my point is try to convince you not to follow this path, go with 1 gpu, not with 2, avoid the watercooling fight

4k will be doable at higher more stable fps only with next gen gpus, 2090ti is great for 4k but not perfect, but is way better than two gpus and a complicated watercooling system

So in a Nutshell don’t do it. Thanks for the response gonna wait till next gen and get the best card then and watercool that thanks for the help

I have 2080 Ti SLI:

Don't buy for new games, SLI is dead.

If you plan to play older games at ridiculous settings and resolutions then yes, SLI is good. AC: Black Flag at 5K 120Hz is epic and so is Witcher 3.

If you also plan to use multi GPU rendering then it's also worth it.

In addition, if you benchmark to get high scores then I think it's not enough to warrant two 2080 Tis.

I moved to X299 Dark and blocks were in the way of the NVLink bridge, so choose carefully. I had to Dremel my EVGA one slightly.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

28 minutes ago, TheNaitsyrk said:

I have 2080 Ti SLI:

Don't buy for new games, SLI is dead.

If you plan to play older games at ridiculous settings and resolutions then yes, SLI is good. AC: Black Flag at 5K 120Hz is epic and so is Witcher 3.

If you also plan to use multi GPU rendering then it's also worth it.

In addition, if you benchmark to get high scores then I think it's not enough to warranty two 2080 Tis.

I moved to X299 Dark and blocks were in the way of the NVLink bridge, so choose carefully. I had to Dremel my EVGA one slightly.

dremel? wait what? this is wow, pure linus moment there

5 hours ago, goto10 said:

dremel? wait what? this is wow, pure linus moment there

NVLink wouldn't fit, so it had to be dremeled.

received_419716732249444.jpeg

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

I’d dremel. Wouldn’t waste time buying other stuff unless you know they will work with the blocks. 

Also dont see why there ate comments about sli. They didn’t ask for your opinion on it. Not everyone is a single card pleb. I’d have two in ever system simply for looks and ease. Just like people saying water cooling only for looks, coming from air cooling folks normally. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

pleb? looks? ease of use?

you are full of it, i hope you know that already

K, that’s again for proving my point. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

i always find sad to see that a person with lots of money, that likes to show off and doesn't have as much common sense as he or she thinks he has comes to a forum to express opinions

really thinking that whatever they do is what others have to do, not taking ito account pros and cons, just go and do whatever you want, doesn't matter if t works or not

when it doesn't work, they come saying that program a or game x are to  blame for not working with their configurations

with your order of ideas just buy 4 titan rtx or wait for titan rtx super, nvlink them in pairs, then install that driver to sli them all 4 together, watercool them, you will need 2 360mm radiators and possibly 2 pumps or one big

then when windows refuses to use 3 of them and some games refuse to use more than 2, come here and rant against microsoft, game developers, nvidia and x86 for limiting you in how you use pcs, because no one should tell you what to do

am i following correctly your way of see things?

pleb

people come to this forum expecting decent people replying to their questions, not to se some guy telling them they are plebs

i bet you pay for every pc you have, never built one by yourself

pleb

16 hours ago, goto10 said:

Really? Cause I use EK's ZMT (Zero Maintenance Tubing) tubing on stubby barbs with zip ties. Never had a leak and maintenance is uh... not very often? Built a rig for a friend who's about 15 or so, put it together Christmas 2017. Has been running ever since without a single leak, noise issue, nothing at all wrong with it ever and it has been drained and refilled one (1) time in that almost 2 years, and I blew the dust out of the PSU and rad while I was at it too. Build it right and maintenance isn't as crazy as people who haven't watercooled liked to claim. 

17 hours ago, goto10 said:

2090ti is great for 4k but not perfect, but is way better than two gpus and a complicated watercooling system

That doesn't exist? Unless you mean the 2080 Ti, in which case that's the best card you can get for 4K barring the extra 3% performance or whatever on the Titan RTX. 

Your points on SLI support being oofies were correct though, most newer games don't play nice with it. Like @TheNaitsyrk said though, older games that do support it well can do some nutty stuff. Out of my collection, Battlefront 2015 scaled perfectly and would push 134-144fps at 4K ultra with no AA, on SLI 1080s. Also those had a single slot between them (EVGA 1080 SCs, 2 slot coolers), bottom card never broke 66C and the top card never broke 76C, so long as you can leave at least a 1 slot gap you'll be fine temps wise even on air. Will be interesting to see how my 780s behave once they arrive, they won't have nice spacing like that due to my choice of mobo. 

10 minutes ago, goto10 said:

i always find sad to see that a person with lots of money, that likes to show off and doesn't have as much common sense as he or she thinks he has comes to a forum to express opinions

really thinking that whatever they do is what others have to do, not taking ito account pros and cons, just go and do whatever you want, doesn't matter if t works or not

when it doesn't work, they come saying that program a or game x are to  blame for not working with their configurations

with your order of ideas just buy 4 titan rtx or wait for titan rtx super, nvlink them in pairs, then install that driver to sli them all 4 together, watercool them, you will need 2 360mm radiators and possibly 2 pumps or one big

then when windows refuses to use 3 of them and some games refuse to use more than 2, come here and rant against microsoft, game developers, nvidia and x86 for limiting you in how you use pcs, because no one should tell you what to do

am i following correctly your way of see things?

pleb

people come to this forum expecting decent people replying to their questions, not to se some guy telling them they are plebs

i bet you pay for every pc you have, never built one by yourself

pleb

??? Or they have just been running SLI for a damn good while now, know the issues with it, but like the setup anyways and continue using it? 

How does giving information about SLI to someone planning to us SLI count as forcing whatever they do on others? The OP already wants to run SLI anyways, can't force someone who wants to use something to use it because they'll already do so willingly. 

How does taking a jab at single card plebs and then stating you use specifically two cards, the same logic as buying cards that cannot do 4-Way NVLink SLI and then forcing them to try and do it anyways? I forget the name for this logical fallacy, but it's the classic "make up something way more extreme than what the other guy said so it's easier to tear his points apart" one. 

Pretty sure @Mick Naughty has built their systems, you're just tryna come up with random insults that aren't even based on reasonably shaky facts lol. 

also yes I am a single card pleb until next week or so when my EVGA Classified 780 setup gets here, assuming I have the right sized SLI bridge. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

so, you saw i made a typo, and based from there

i see you have free time, and need to pick a fight with someone, nice to see a second person to not only not explaining how to do what op asked nor giving a opinion on the matter, just come and complain, because, why not?

very helpful your reply

I did give an opinion on the fix. Isn’t my first choice. As id prolly go on YouTube and see some of the millions of builds running sli on water and see what they did for the bridge/link that fit with the blocks. 

Unlike some who are still bitching about it and can’t stay on topic. Aka plebs.