HELIOS - ASSEMBLED 2015-SEP-06 - (Caselabs SMH10 | Black/Copper | EVGA SR-2 )

My exact dillemma

I think I did get a little bit lucky, sort off.. but yes. Monies.. they sadly do not come in bags anymore these days.. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I think I did get a little bit lucky, sort off.. but yes. Monies.. they sadly do not come in bags anymore these days.. 

Or grow on trees :( 

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Or grow on trees :(

My dad used to make a bag filled with a whole bunch off golden chocolate munts! 

Sadly.. that time is gone. I should bugger him to do that again, was so much fun! ^^ 

9082772-stapel-van-chocolade-munten-verp

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

My dad used to make a bag filled with a whole bunch off golden chocolate munts! 

Sadly.. that time is gone. I should bugger him to do that again, was so much fun! ^^ 

-snip-

I had some of those recently ^_^

Though look what I found ;)

post-6570-0-21571500-1387458656_thumb.jp

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I had some of those recently ^_^

Though look what I found ;)

attachicon.gif2085248868_1382810433.jpg

Well.. a dollar-tree seems a little bit odd.. I would prefer the Chinese Yuan version! But, i'll guess dollars isn't bad either for now..! ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Alpen, where are you and check your PM! Happy newyear btw! 

Sorry for the absence (see also PM).

Also, on a general note: Had a moderate case of fever/headaches and such, hence

the absence (along with some festivity-related downtime).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Sorry for the absence (see also PM).

Also, on a general note: Had a moderate case of fever/headaches and such, hence

the absence (along with some festivity-related downtime).

Use the coolant and a copper plate directly attached to the forehead for optimal cooling of the fever!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Use the coolant and a copper plate directly attached to the forehead for optimal cooling of the fever!

Haha, that's OK, it's mostly gone now. Besides, as long as you don't overheat, having

a fever is actually good for you according to my bio knowledge (many bringers of

disease are rather sensitive to higher temperatures, so the body elevates its

temp in order to weaken the bad guys). Of course, if your body gets too enthusiastic

with the heating, things can go rather badly.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Damn I thought that was an update haha

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Damn I thought that was an update haha

You're not the only one. So much wishfull thinking.

Yeah, I reckoned that would happen, sorry guys. But I wanted to give a

quick response after being MIA.

• 2 weeks later...

Sup - 90,000 views congrats - I am here to present your official legend status! Your a good friend and
willing to talk about anything and ohh there's that awesome build your working on! These big builds do
take a bit of that money. I think some people think you just buy some parts and put them together.
The amount of tools, paints, sand cloth and ON and ON add up to more than can be imagined. I probably
have at least $300.00 In fittings in my simple water cooling loop. Yours is triple plus on fittings alone.
whoops sorry about the depression I just caused. he he he. Great things take time and Helios is worth
waiting for. we will celebrate your victory!

Hey mate,

Hehe, hadn't even noticed, thanks! :D

I would not have thunk it would ever get this popular, pretty awesome for my

first ever big project I must admit. There are so many mods out there, it would

have been very easy for this one to get lost in the crowd (hell, I love looking

at other people's mods, and even I can't keep up with all the logs being posted,

especially now that college's on again), so I'm very happy it did not. :)

And yeah, the fittings for this baby are going to cost me a ton, which is why

I haven't continued yet; still saving up for that one (I have a good chunk of

money saved up, just not quite enough yet).

Cheers,

-aw

There are so many mods out there,

Then why is the whole forum complaining that we need more mods? :D

And yeah, the fittings for this baby are going to cost me a ton, which is why

I haven't continued yet; still saving up for that one (I have a good chunk of

money saved up, just not quite enough yet).

You must have the biggest pool of patience in the whole world.

Then why is the whole forum complaining that we need more mods? :D

Touché my friend, touché. :D 

I have purposely kept out of that discussion and all the related whining ("Help! Mod XY

is abusing me!" - "Tell me, son, where did he touch you?" - "My fragile ego...") since,

you know, I am neither five years old anymore nor do I care to start behaving like one

or watch others do so. :rolleyes:

Anyway...

You must have the biggest pool of patience in the whole world.

I'm not sure about biggest, but I do consider it to be... substantial. It just makes

life much less stressful.

"Help! Mod XY is abusing me!" - "Tell me, son, where did he touch you?" - "My fragile ego...")

I literally fell from my chair laughing, mom was worried xD

I have purposely kept out of that discussion

Much appreciated!

I'm not sure about biggest, but I do consider it to be... substantial. It just makes

Yeah... I'm not the patient type. At all. One of the main reasons I use a motorcycle to get to school (even when it rains)

Yeah... I'm not the patient type. At all. One of the main reasons I use a motorcycle to get to school (even when it rains)

I was worried too! And liar, the main reason is the swag! 

Talking about stressful! Did you figure out yet if you have to order more stuff? /Stress

I strive to entertain. :D 

Well, we can't all be the same...

Talking about stressful! Did you figure out yet if you have to order more stuff? /Stress

Yeah I've been working on APOLLO the last two days, I should be able to tell you

what I'll need by tomorrow evening or Thursday at the latest.

Just noticed that

Sounds SO wrong :P

I know!

(took you long enough...) :P

• 4 weeks later...

I saw your post on Themodzoo forums and I saw this picture. And now my question is, have you been in Norway? Since that is Norwegian 20Kr (I'm pretty sure it is)

aw--helios--2013-07-18--07--polished-ray

I saw your post on Themodzoo forums and I saw this picture. And now my question is, have you been in Norway? Since that is Norwegian 20Kr (I'm pretty sure it is)

Unfortunately  not  yet, but my  dad  and most of the rest of our family have been. I have

been hindered  by my health and college in  the last few  years,  but assuming  I'll still be

alive for  a few years  I'm  hoping  to visit  at  some point.  Scandinavia does sound lovely

from what they've been telling and showing me. :)

While I'm here:  No worries, build ain't dead.  I've  needed to  divert some  funds towards

APOLLO, which  is delaying this  project a bit more.  I'm  hoping to continue some time in

March or April, though this is not by any means definitive yet.

Well March / April it is. :)

Really looking forward to the next update :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

More waiting isn't my strong suit :P at least there are plenty of amazing builds on teh forums of master Linus

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/