HELIOS - ASSEMBLED 2015-SEP-06 - (Caselabs SMH10 | Black/Copper | EVGA SR-2 )

It seems Alpenwasser already stole it...

An evil overlord does not wait for others to seize their chances. :D

At least now I have an excuse to use this gif:

kneel-suckers.gif

Muhahahaha!

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'm afraid I'll have to assign you warning points for that! That's direct insult to puple people and a display of foul language!

Who's the overlord now? MUAHAHA! Kneel!

Good, good, you are getting the hang of this, there is some hope for

evilness yet. Two questions though:

• Since when is kneel a dirty word? :D
  • Have you consulted the Puple People about this? They should be flattered

to even be mentioned by me, especially His Pupleness, the Grand Master of

the glorious city of Puplenia. After what he did to the People of Pinkness

he should count himself lucky to even be allowed to keep his color. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I meant foul as in insulting, bad, pointing at the "suckers", my bad

;)

Oh God! HAHA, this cracked me up!

I aim to please, your Pupleness. :D

Hua? Confused look -?-?-? I See That I an Vnot the Z only One Crazy around here!

Well duh, stating the obvious. run-up-wall.gif

What temperatures have you gotten so far @alpenwasser? I have the same block as you and my GPU reaches 40 Celsius and my CPU reaches 50 Celsius @ Heavy Load. 

Info is under  :ph34r:

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Ok completely off topic, but my wisdom teeth is coming out - and it's the most anoying thing ever! Howly shit.. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Ok completely off topic, but my wisdom teeth is coming out - and it's the most anoying thing ever! Howly shit.. 

I know how you feel :o Thankfully i'm done :o

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

What temperatures have you gotten so far @alpenwasser? I have the same block as you and my GPU reaches 40 Celsius and my CPU reaches 50 Celsius @ Heavy Load. 

Info is under  :ph34r:

Haven't taken the rig into service yet, still planning the loop. Plus, I

need to wait a bit with ordering the fittings because there are a few fat

bills in the next six weeks or so, and I want to pay those bills before

ordering fittings for several hundred $$$. This might be an expensive PC,

but that is no excuse to start behaving financially irresponsible. ;)

I will report when I have results, but that's still a few months off at

the moment.

Ah yes, I know that one. Although I was lucky. I did not have any wisdom teeth in my

lower jaw, and the ones in my upper came out rather easily. I did have some swelling

for a few days, but nothing too bad.

Best of luck! :)

1. Why do you have to have wisdom teeth taken out?

2. WHEN WILL THE NEXT UPDATE WITH PICTURES BE?!?!?!?

That'll be all. And, as always, keep calm and thBJcQ1.gif

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1. Why do you have to have wisdom teeth taken out?

Usually people have them taken out because there is not enough room in the jaw

and when they come out they screw up the alignment of the rest of your teeth.

In my case they pressed all my other molars forward just a tiny bit and those

in turn pressed out the canine teeth and now one of my canines is crooked (I

still intend to get that fixed before being done with college, but haven't

gotten around to it yet).

I was pretty bummed about that because I needed braces for quite a number of

years to get my teeth aligned properly. Then I went to have my jaws X-ray'd

in preparation for having my wisdom teeth removed. Everything was still perfectly

fine. Two weeks before I had them taken out they started pushing and screwed

up all that nice work. :(

2. WHEN WILL THE NEXT UPDATE WITH PICTURES BE?!?!?!?

That'll be all. And, as always, keep calm and thBJcQ1.gif

Not sure yet, it might be a while. College is starting to take its toll on

my schedule, and as I said above, I need to make sure my finances are in order

before ordering those fittings.

How much money have you spent on this build so far?

You don't ask questions like that on such a MASTERPIECE!  :P

But he said he would list it up when he's done using money on it :)

:ph34r:

Ah yes, I know that one. Although I was lucky. I did not have any wisdom teeth in my

lower jaw, and the ones in my upper came out rather easily. I did have some swelling

for a few days, but nothing too bad.

Best of luck! :)

Same here. Felt SO weird when he drilled a hole in my teeth while it was sedated...

in preparation for having my wisdom teeth removed. Everything was still perfectly

Hehe, yes - im not taking it out, it's just pushing his way out now.. And god it's painfull! I spare you with pictures, but god.. Have to visit a dentist soon for this, my god it's painfull! :x

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Hehe, yes - im not taking it out, it's just pushing his way out now.. And god it's painfull! I spare you with pictures, but god.. Have to visit a dentist soon for this, my god it's painfull! :x

To be honest, the more you think about it the more it'll hurt. Do something, oh and reading on a forum does not help. Trust me on that xD

I was playing a bunch of battlefield 3 and i was talking to some people so i wasn't thinking about it, it helps a lot ;)

To be honest, the more you think about it the more it'll hurt. Do something, oh and reading on a forum does not help. Trust me on that xD

I was playing a bunch of battlefield 3 and i was talking to some people so i wasn't thinking about it, it helps a lot ;)

The fact that when I move my mouth, it hurts - it has like, skin that is like - half off it over it? I don't know how to explain. So when I eat or talk it moves and hurts! It's anoying as fuck! :D but yes, playing games helps.. 

Edit: Drinking helps too! muhaha

1. Now I don't want them removed, but yet I do.

2. Stupid money. And college.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

He aswell said an rough estimate would be 7.500 dollars. (not sure if this was the number!) It's somewhere down the line.. But it's most likely a whole lot!

The fact that when I move my mouth, it hurts - it has like, skin that is like - half off it over it? I don't know how to explain. So when I eat or talk it moves and hurts! It's anoying as fuck! :D but yes, playing games helps.. 

Haha, It does indeed. I drink Urge, cola and yellow burn tho. No alcohol :D

He aswell said an rough estimate would be 7.500 dollars. (not sure if this was the number!) It's somewhere down the line.. But it's most likely a whole lot!

Yeah, that seems about right. But knowing my friend paying 5,000 dollars without the radiator, w/c block and case. And just the w/c parts + case was alone 1,500,-

But think about the price if he counted the amount of hours worked on the beast? Yeah, it's a lot of money!

Same here. Felt SO weird when he drilled a hole in my teeth while it was sedated...

Yeah, weird is exactly how I would describe it. rolleyes-cyan.gif 

Well yeah, the tooth has to break through the skin which is over your jaw bone, that's

only natural. But yes, even never having gone through this I get the impression it's

anything but a pleasant experience. :(

1. Now I don't want them removed, but yet I do.

Removing them was easy (and necessary, otherwise things would have gotten a whole

lot worse). The only thing that I'm actually annoyed about is that I didn't have

them removed soon enough (although there was no way to know they were going to

start pushing, so it was primarily bad luck).

2. Stupid money. And college.

I look at it like this: Money might be tight, but I'm most likely still pretty damn

privileged to be able to put together such a PC, most people probably couldn't (or

wouldn't) do this even if they didn't go to college. I've been very lucky to have

been able to save up enough money for this over the past few years, not everyone

can do that.

But yeah, having a paying job would make things easier, and I certainly wouldn't

need to be as austere in the rest of my life.

How much money have you spent on this build so far?

See below.

It is a bit of a double-edged sword. On one hand, saying how much money you've spent

on a rig, especially if it's a something that's obviously expensive, is often seen as

bragging and arrogant, even if it's not meant that way (I remember a guy a few weeks

back who had his rig price in the thread title and got a lot of hostility).

On the other hand, I think a lot of people significantly underestimate how expensive

these things can be, especially once you start to do modding and water cooling. Now

sure, many mods are not that expensive in and of themselves, but buying some supplies

here, a small tool there etc. can add up to a lot of money over the project's run

(I've checked on this one, and the amount of money I've spent on so-called "cheap"

stuff is quite significant in total).

And water cooling... yeah, that's practically a financial black hole.

So having somebody actually say how ridiculously expensive (and yeah, I do think

it's a bit ridiculous how much this has cost me so far and will have cost me in

the end) this can get may allow these people to adjust their expectations and potentially

avoid some bad surprises. That's my primary motivation for telling people how

expensive this thing has been.

I started to go through my financial records this week, it's actually significantly

more than that by now. I'll give a detailed financial analysis once everything

is done so that people can get a better idea of what can end up costing how much.

Yeah, that seems about right. But knowing my friend paying 5,000 dollars without the radiator, w/c block and case. And just the w/c parts + case was alone 1,500,-

Yeah as said: W/C = black hole

But think about the price if he counted the amount of hours worked on the beast? Yeah, it's a lot of money!

Oh the hours... I've tried to do a total tally, and pure work time is more than 100 hours

by now (without research etc., just actual work). And since I'm only doing this now I'm

pretty confident there are quite a few hours I'm forgetting, it may well be 200 hours

(although I'm pretty sure it's somewhere between 100 and 200 at the moment).

EDIT:

Woohoo, I got 700th reply. wohoo.gif

So much text to read trough :o

I love this build and it's not often somebody loves their PC just as much as i and so many other do. I don't even want to think about how many hours i used for prepping to build my W/C system just with tubing and a few fittings. I planned it down to the detail on where the tubing was supposed to be. I didn't do it on paper but i did have it all planned out in my mind. But one thing is sure, my first time building a water-cooled system was super scary but SO worth it! :)

I can't wait until i can start my V2.0 of my system :D

So much text to read trough :o

Yeah, I tend to do that. :lol:

I love this build and it's not often somebody loves their PC just as much as i and so many other do. I don't even want to think about how many hours i used for prepping to build my W/C system just with tubing and a few fittings. I planned it down to the detail on where the tubing was supposed to be. I didn't do it on paper but i did have it all planned out in my mind. But one thing is sure, my first time building a water-cooled system was super scary but SO worth it! :)

I can't wait until i can start my V2.0 of my system :D

Thanks! And yeah, W/C is awesome! :)