NVIDIA GeForce 3070/3080/3080 Ti (Ampere): RTX Has No Perf Hit & x80 Ti Card 50% Faster in 4K! (Update 6 ~ Specs / Overview / Details)

25 minutes ago, Yanashydo said:

Feeling the same way. I have the money, to buy 4,000 EUR PC, but to build it now, would be an insanity. 3Q/4Q should come out new GPUs, new Ryzen CPUs. I originally wanted to build the PC for the Cyberpunk 2077 release, but if I would have to wait a month or two for the new components, I would do that. 

I wanted to build a new rig about 1.5 years ago, then life came in the way and after that I decided to wait for Ryzen 3000. Suddenly Nvidia 3000 and Big Navi get closer and closer. It'd be great to have new Ryzen 4000 and Ampere out at about the same time and get a new top-end rig, but we'll see - top end models will most likely be released 1-2 months after the release of the rest.

I'm sure Nvidia wants their new gen out as soon as possible, but AMD might be first - there've been some rumors that Nvidia will paper-launch the new Titan just to keep the gpu-performance-crown, but mainstream cards might take until the very end of this year.

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Though this new rtx tensor core stuff may be interesting for machine learning people.

9 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

I swear nivida will screw over its users again if they don't give these cards enough vram. the 9xx didn't have enough just like the 400/500 series.

This very much! Even though the tensor cores have been a blessing for anyone working with FP16, the lack of vram on regular cards makes really hard to do anything state-of-the-art. Having something like 16gb on their top GP102 consumer card would be awesome, although I doubt this will happen :(

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

On 10/30/2019 at 10:18 PM, Flying Sausages said:

Bitcoin miners will destroy the msrp really quick. I hate those mf bitcoin miners ruining msrp and supply.

Nah, NO competition is destroying the price.

15 minutes ago, igormp said:

This very much! Even though the tensor cores have been a blessing for anyone working with FP16, the lack of vram on regular cards makes really hard to do anything state-of-the-art. Having something like 16gb on their top GP102 consumer card would be awesome, although I doubt this will happen :(

funny thing is, right now a Radeon VII in Reslove 16 which loves GPU memory and compute power. It equals 2080ti (both have very close raw FP32 and FP16 numbers) but that bandwidth for GPU memory.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I need them to chill with these new graphics cards. I wallet can't keep up! I had a 1070 when they first came out and now I have a razer blade that i JUST got with a 2070mq. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

54 minutes ago, igormp said:

It sounds like what is needed then is a tensor core apu or iGPU. Something that uses system ram which is variable.  Iirc there are other types of graphics solutions that use ram from elsewhere as well.  With one of those the ram wouldn’t be as fast, but one could assign as much as the whole machine could hold.  There are motherboards that will take 256gb. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If there will really be no performance hit from RTX, I might actually go with it. One of rare times I might grab RTX card just because of a single game (Cyberpunk 2077). And curiosity. Also Marty McFly's RTGI shader.

Will 

15 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

If there will really be no performance hit from RTX, I might actually go with it.

Yeah, that is interesting. I game at 2560x1080 (UltraWide) anyways, and the 1060 Super has been working perfectly for me. Runs Doom (2016 and Eternal) butter smooth. I really hope there's an equivalent 3060 as I would seriously be in the market for one of those if only to play Cyberpunk.

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It sounds like what is needed then is a tensor core apu or iGPU. Something that uses system ram which is variable.  Iirc there are other types of graphics solutions that use ram from elsewhere as well.  With one of those the ram wouldn’t be as fast, but one could assign as much as the whole machine could hold.  There are motherboards that will take 256gb. 

if you need lots of ram it is usually needs it fast too. nothing says you couldn't make a GPU with 4 or 8 sodim ram slots.

point still stand Nvida needs to stop trying to cripple and limit cards with VRAM.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

19 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

If there will really be no performance hit from RTX, I might actually go with it. One of rare times I might grab RTX card just because of a single game (Cyberpunk 2077). And curiosity. Also Marty McFly's RTGI shader.

I’m not seeing “no performance hit” I’m seeing “less performance hit”. Might be none or near none.  Usefully low.  One of those things we likely can’t find out about till it arrives.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

if you need lots of ram it is usually needs it fast too. nothing says you couldn't make a GPU with 4 or 8 sodim ram slots.

point still stand Nvida needs to stop trying to cripple and limit cards with VRAM.

Depends on what the cards are made for though.  They’re not actually made for machine learning, they’re made for doing gaming video.  They aren’t crippled for that.  My understanding is that attaching memory to video cards is really really complicated and has hard limits based on  trace length in the card itself.  Might be possible to go with some sort of cache thing.  Use what fast memory can be added but allow the card to use that memory as cache for system memory which is slower but larger.  Maybe that’s not viable.  I don’t know how machine learning works. 

Just now, Bombastinator said:

They’re not actually made for machine learning, they’re made for doing gaming video. 

cool so 1440p right now can eat up 6gb+ with modern games given a 3080ti should be doing 4K+ 16gb+ is what I want to see.'

many get used for compute workloads like Video editing or 3d modeling

This means that we will see the RTX 3050 and the 3050 ti ?

Didn't NVIDIA say that they will include ray tracing across their whole graphics card lineup ?

What about the "RT" 3030 :D.

Man that would be a cool GPU ...

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

35 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

cool so 1440p right now can eat up 6gb+ with modern games given a 3080ti should be doing 4K+ 16gb+ is what I want to see.'

many get used for compute workloads like Video editing or 3d modeling

There is gddr, ddr, series versions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 ( the latest gddr)  memory series’s appear first as gddr, then generally ddr a generation later.

If you were willing to accept ddr5 (which isn’t even out yet) instead of gddr6 as the definition of “fast” a sodimm solution might be feasible.  Right now the fastest sodims are ddr4

Cool. Will still be waaaay out of my budget. Even the 2060 super cost over $500 (canada)... I miss the day I could get a high end GPU for $350~$400... Now I can't even get a low end one for that price.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

funny thing is, right now a Radeon VII in Reslove 16 which loves GPU memory and compute power. It equals 2080ti (both have very close raw FP32 and FP16 numbers) but that bandwidth for GPU memory.

Too bad AMD can't into machine learning at all. Even my 2060S performs better than a Radeon VII with ROCm in both FP32 and FP16 on tensorflow benchmarks.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

It'd be no better than using your SIMD instructions on the CPU. That's what's usually done when vram gets really constraining on your workload, CPUs can go past 1tb without much problems.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

New video from Nvidia - What has Jensen been cooking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7TNRhIYJ8

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

5 minutes ago, The_Strict_Nein said:

New video from Nvidia - What has Jensen been cooking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7TNRhIYJ8

Some sort of 4u industrial thing.  An appliance maybe?  Not gonna fit in a consumer pc.

2 hours ago, StDragon said:

Will 

Yeah, that is interesting. I game at 2560x1080 (UltraWide) anyways, and the 1060 Super has been working perfectly for me. Runs Doom (2016 and Eternal) butter smooth. I really hope there's an equivalent 3060 as I would seriously be in the market for one of those if only to play Cyberpunk.

I mean, RTX 2060 was already sort of usable. Battlefield 5 had some initial performance issues, but when they fixed it, RTX was quite usable even on this lowest end RTX card at the time.

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Some sort of 4u industrial thing.  An appliance maybe?  Not gonna fit in a consumer pc.

New DGX module.

20 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I mean, RTX 2060 was already sort of usable. Battlefield 5 had some initial performance issues, but when they fixed it, RTX was quite usable even on this lowest end RTX card at the time.

I imagine the 3060 to destroy the 2060 in terms of raytracing performance and even be quite a bit ahead in normal performance. I do think if someone is planning on playing the new cyberpunk game then it is probably not a bad idea to upgrade to the next gen gpus if ampere is as good as the rumors say. 

19 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

New DGX module.

https://scicomp.aalto.fi/triton/usage/dgx.html

a DGX-1 apparently contains 8 v-100s

39 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I have heard quite the opposite pretty much everywhere.  May go to the definition of how “usable” is being defined.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I have heard quite the opposite pretty much everywhere.  May go to the definition of how “usable” is being defined.

I get 60+ 1080p RTX on the 2060.

Is usable for you 300+ FPS at 4k?

Here's the motherboard of the new DGX, seems like Jensen learned a thing or two from Linus:

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition