A strange thing happen to me on the way to a OS update.

Ravenbear

Was upateding my Windows 10 64bit to the latest 1903 version. And my system completely crapped its self.  It somehow rolled my system back to a April 2019 recovery point, plus got rid of my WIFI drivers. Took me 3 hours to sort it all out. Had to rest the BIOS to get my WIFI back.  It even reinstalled programs I had uninstalled. Does anyone have any idea what the hell happened? Or do I need to call in a priest or a vooduan?

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

Windows update do have some occasional glitches.

One time i had to reinstall windows due to boot failure.

You are lucky windows can be rolled back.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

23 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Windows update do have some occasional glitches.

One time i had to reinstall windows due to boot failure.

You are lucky windows can be rolled back.

Funny thing is, I did not roll it back, it did it all on it's own, after it rebooted the last time. I have everything backed up on site and off but I still do not know where it pulled the backup from.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

24 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

That’s just how windows be.

That is true.

1 minute ago, Ravenbear said:

Funny thing is, I did not roll it back, it did it all on it's own, after it rebooted the last time. I have everything backed up on site and off but I still do not know where it pulled the backup from.

Yeah it should auto roll when error occurred. When doing major update, windows will backup all necessary files from the previous version (windows_old folder). That's why it need some free space to upgrade.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yeah it should auto roll when error occurred. When doing major update, windows will backup all necessary files from the previous version (windows_old folder). That's why it need some free space to upgrade.

I understand that but it skipped over 6 months of backups to get to that one. I checked the one it skipped over and they were fine./ shrug. Only the Pope Of Windows knows what in the minds of windows. thank.