Do they sell i5 9600 anywhere or do I need to buy the unlocked one?

Okjoek

I can't find it in stock literally anywhere. I don't really overclock so I didn't want to pay extra for the unlocked K series one.

And WTF is this? A lower tier product costing more than the unlocked higher tier one?

cf787cddd5409d336fa5678cc9cf3537.png.c87132fad2a7974c2440284a2523c492.png

I thought maybe the 9600k is just on sale, but it's the same prices on Newegg

Do you have a motherboard at home already for this system? If you don't have an intel board yet, ignore these two CPU's and get a Ryzen 5 3600.

If you do have an intel board compatible with 9th gen, then also ignore these CPU's and get a 9400f.

Those prices are ludicrous for 6c 6t.

12 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Do you have a motherboard at home already for this system? If you don't have an intel board yet, ignore these two CPU's and get a Ryzen 5 3600.

If you do have an intel board compatible with 9th gen, then also ignore these CPU's and get a 9400f.

Those prices are ludicrous for 6c 6t.

My PC is mostly for gaming so I'm kind of hesitant to go with AMD although the price of the R5 3600x is alluring.

I'll need to see some benchmarks of Intel VS Ryzen for Planetside 2. That's my meat and potatoes for gaming.

2 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

My PC is mostly for gaming so I'm kind of hesitant to go with AMD although the price of the R5 3600x is alluring.

I'll need to see some benchmarks of Intel VS Ryzen for Planetside 2. That's my meat and potatoes for gaming.

Single threaded performance are near identical with Ryzen 3rd gen barely lacking behind. If Linus made the move, why can't you?

9600 is an absolute waste of money. Get a 3600 like everyone else is saying.

Performance is much better. Equivalent to Intel's i7's.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Because I actually want to answer the question rather than responding with a generic "Ryzen" answer, I can't find the i5-9600 on any American retailer. Might be a weird region-specific chip, sadly; you're probably gonna have to get a 9400 or a 9600K/KF.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

34 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Because I actually want to answer the question rather than responding with a generic "Ryzen" answer, I can't find the i5-9600 on any American retailer. Might be a weird region-specific chip, sadly; you're probably gonna have to get a 9400 or a 9600K/KF.

They're probably right though. I didn't actually realize Intel had let the rug get pulled out from under them this bad. The only advantage to Intel is +200 mhz and an iGPU. Intel is more expensive and don't even have hyperthreading.