Amazon! 30 days return policy only, no warranty??

Detective

Hi, peace,

1. I want to know does Amazon offer warranty on products "sold and shipped by Amazon" & "sold by a seller and fulfilled by Amazon"?

2. What makes Amazon better than Newegg?

I asked Amazon CS, they said we don't provide any warranty, only for 30 days, after that good luck, either hit or miss!

Someone else bought a "Samsung CHG70 Quantum Dot" from Amazon.de, he asked Amazon CS the same question I asked, here is the content of that conversation:

Amazon CS: Every item you bought from amazon, you got 2 years warranty

He replied: Ie in the event of a bug I can exchange or refund money In two years.
Amazon CS: Yes you can either exchange or refund.

He also clearly mentioned that he bought it without additional warranty, Amazon Protect 2-Jahre Extra-Garantie (Additional 2 year extra warranty).

What is happening here!!??

I also asked Gigabyte about their warranty & here is what they replied:

"Please note that our warranty is provided by the original supplier (where you purchased the product). If you purchase the monitor in other countries, if you faced any issue in the future, you have to contact with the supplier to arrange further help."

After saving for many years & researching for 2 years to build a PC, thinking to shop from Amazon because they provide hassle free warranty & I can buy with an ease of mind, but in the end, I happen to be a biggest fool for believing all that!!!

I live in a remote area, hassle free warranty & warranty provider are both important to me!

EDIT: What I meant to ask, does Amazon protect its buyers from a dishonest warranty provider, can I buy with an ease of mind, have you been protected before, what's the process?? If Amazon US ships to my location, outside the US, then that means the manufacturer allowed Amazon & it should come with an international warranty, am I wrong???????

Edited by Detective
To make my question/request more clear!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) | GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ AMD RX 5700 XT | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Storage: Silicon Power 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Monitor: BenQ EX2780Q | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

I think you're asking the wrong questions here.

Amazon does not offer a warranty, period. What they do provide is products that have a warranty, and, if you're located in the EU, then the seller of a product, that's still under warranty, will be the one you have to contact regarding your faulty product.

For example, if you buy a motherboard with a two year warranty, and the motherboard experiences a failure within those two years, then you contact Amazon and return the faulty product to them. How they handle it from there probably varies from case to case.

What Amazon does offer is a 30 day return window, where you can ship an unwanted product back to Amazon within 30 days for a full refund. As long as the product is still unused, that is.

In regards to Amazon VS. Newegg, you should just look at prices. They pretty much offer the same products when it comes to PC parts.

One thing you should keep in mind is that Newegg ships from the US, which means you would have to deal with additional tariffs and VAT on top of the listed prices.

You might also run into warranty issues, since US rules regarding warranty are quite different from those in the EU and some manufacturers won't honor warranties on products that have been imported/exported outside of their official channels.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

By default Amazon is a storefront and does not provide any warranty. Warranty is something that only comes up when a product is defective and then responsibility falls to the manufacturer. Same applies to Newegg; it's only a storefront.

In the EU however, all consumer products come with a minimum 2 year warranty. It is my understanding that warranty returns in the EU must go through the seller first; then the seller makes a return with the manufacturer. 

In some cases, like you described with Gigabyte, the manufacturer will ask that you go through the seller for any warranty claims. This is mostly a tactic to raise the barrier for return and lessen the number of valid warranty claims. It requires the buyer to have purchased from an authorized dealer, have the original receipt, and deal with the seller in order to submit a warranty return.

1 hour ago, Detective said:

Hi, peace,

1. I want to know does Amazon offer warranty on products "sold and shipped by Amazon" & "sold by a seller and fulfilled by Amazon"?

2. What makes Amazon better than Newegg?

I asked Amazon CS, they said we don't provide any warranty, only for 30 days, after that good luck, either hit or miss!

Someone else bought a "Samsung CHG70 Quantum Dot" from Amazon.de, he asked Amazon CS the same question I asked, here is the content of that conversation:

He replied: Ie in the event of a bug I can exchange or refund money In two years.

He also clearly mentioned that he bought it without additional warranty, Amazon Protect 2-Jahre Extra-Garantie (Additional 2 year extra warranty).

I also asked Gigabyte about their warranty & here is what they replied:

"Please note that our warranty is provided by the original supplier (where you purchased the product). If you purchase the monitor in other countries, if you faced any issue in the future, you have to contact with the supplier to arrange further help."

After saving for many years & researching for 2 years to build a PC, thinking to shop from Amazon because they provide hassle free warranty & I can buy with an ease of mind, but in the end, I happen to be a biggest fool for believing all that!!!

I live in a remote area, hassle free warranty & warranty provider are both important to me!

In the US warranty services are provided by the manufacturer. In some cases retailers will sell an additional warranty, but then you have to deal with that warranty provider to use it. So in this case the retailer has a return policy. 

In some areas of the world like the UK legally retailers are required to process warranty issues. But it all depends on where you live. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, Volbet said:

I think you're asking the wrong questions here.

Amazon does not offer a warranty, period. What they do provide is products that have a warranty, and, if you're located in Europe, then the seller of a product, that's still under warranty, will be the one you have to contact regarding your faulty product.

For example, if you buy a motherboard with a two year warranty, and the motherboard experiences a failure within those two years, then you contact Amazon and return the faulty product to them. How they handle it from there probably varies from case to case.

What Amazon does offer is a 30 day return window, where you can ship an unwanted product back to Amazon within 30 days for a full refund.

In regards to Amazon VS. Newegg, you should just look at prices. They pretty much offer the same products when it comes to PC parts.

One thing you should keep in mind is that Newegg ships from the US, which means you would have to deal with additional tariffs and VAT on top of the listed prices.

You might also run into warranty issues, since US rules regarding warranty are quite different from those in Europe and some manufacturers won't honor warranties on products that have been imported/exported outside of their official channels.

Thanks for the reply, you're right, I should've asked differently, but in the back of my mind I knew 100% that Amazon doesn't offer any warranty, but honors its reputation of protecting the buyer from a dishonest warranty provider that doesn't honor their warranty. I am not a native English speaker, I thought it will be clear from the content of my post, what I meant to say, even now I am not sure how to ask this question, "Amazon doesn't honor their reputation of protecting the buyers from a dishonest warranty provider" or "Amazon only honor their reputation of protecting the buyers from a dishonest warranty provider whey they want it (pick and choose)". If you or anyone know how I should've asked this, Please do enlighten me, I am sure it will help me in the future. ??

You gave an example of a dead motherboard during the warranty period & said that I should contact with Amazon, yes you're 100% right, you've taken the words right out of my mouth, it's only seems natural, but our dear Amazon's CS doesn't agree, I asked:

Amazon CS: Sir sometimes, some item, offer and insurance policy that you can purchase to protect you investment.
Me: But this one didn't, so what's the solution?
Amazon CS: In this case sir you need to contact the manufacturer if our warranty is over.
Me: OK, I have to contact them through Amazon, am I right?

Amazon CS:  In this case no.

Me: So what I understood from your reply is I have to contact them directly & not via Amazon?
Amazon CS: If the 30 day window warranty is over with us, yes.

Me: Thank you for that, does the same process differ on the products that are sold and shipped by Amazon?
Amazon CS: Correct!
Me: Can you please through some light onto that, what's the difference?

Chat Disconnected!

Amazon CS: Hello, my name is -----. I'm sorry your previous chat disconnected. I will try and pick up where you left off.

Me: Thanks!
Amazon CS: The Amazon warranty last for about 30 days, after that you need to contact the manufacture and they will help you with the warranty
Amazon CS: I don't mean to rush you, but we've been idle for 1 minute. I want to make sure our chat's still connected. If you aren't able to respond in 1 minute, this chat will close.
Me: Yes, please give me a minute!
Amazon CS: ok
Me: I have heard from my friends & colleagues the items that are "sold and shipped by Amazon" are warrantied by Amazon, for example: In case of any defect Amazon will contact the manufacturer on my behalf??
Amazon CS: Our returns procedures state that within 30 days of delivery of your order, you may return most merchandise in new condition, with the original packaging and accessories, or any defective merchandise, for a full refund. Eligible baby items purchased from or fulfilled by Amazon can be returned up to 90 days after delivery.
Amazon CS: If the item is sold and fulfilled by a 3er party seller we need to contact the seller

One is saying, I should contact the seller, second is saying WE need to contact the seller!!, who's right, only God knows!! Upon asking, does the same process differ on the products that are sold and shipped by Amazon? She replied Correct! Then upon asking the same question to another CS agent, when I asked:

For example: In case of any defect Amazon will contact the manufacturer on my behalf??

Ignored my question completely, again started from 30 day policy!!

For me, it's clear that there is some kind of gimmick is played here, especially with people like me who haven't shopped from Amazon before & are an easy catch to manipulate!! To one/some customer/s they decided to live up to their reputation & for others, "WE ONLY SELL, GO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF WITH THE MANUFACTURER" unless the policy for Amazon.de & Amazon.com differs!!!

All I want is to be protected by Amazon from those dishonest warranty providers, from whom's dirty dealings reddit & other forums are filled!!!

Now let's talk Amazon vs Newegg, where I live, it's a must for me to pay 5% VAT on each & every product along with a big sum for shipping whether I shop from Amazon, Newegg or any other seller in the world!!!

5 hours ago, harryk said:

By default Amazon is a storefront and does not provide any warranty. Warranty is something that only comes up when a product is defective and then responsibility falls to the manufacturer. Same applies to Newegg; it's only a storefront.

In the EU however, all consumer products come with a minimum 2 year warranty. It is my understanding that warranty returns in the EU must go through the seller first; then the seller makes a return with the manufacturer. 

In some cases, like you described with Gigabyte, the manufacturer will ask that you go through the seller for any warranty claims. This is mostly a tactic to raise the barrier for return and lessen the number of valid warranty claims. It requires the buyer to have purchased from an authorized dealer, have the original receipt, and deal with the seller in order to submit a warranty return.

Thanks for the input, you're right, a warranty return must go through the seller & that's what I want, not have to deal with the manufacturer myself, I mean it's only natural because I purchased the product directly from a seller & not via a manufacturer, but our dear Amazon CS doesn't agree!!!

It's a shame that a big company like Amazon doesn't want to live up to its reputation, asking the buyer to contact the manufacturer is like throwing it away to the wolves!!!

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

In the US warranty services are provided by the manufacturer. In some cases retailers will sell an additional warranty, but then you have to deal with that warranty provider to use it. So in this case the retailer has a return policy. 

In some areas of the world like the UK legally retailers are required to process warranty issues. But it all depends on where you live. 

Thanks for the reply, in the US, you're protected by law & the manufacturers have to think twice before trying to play any games, where I live, I am not!!! But you still have to contact the seller first, am I right?

The problem I have with amazon is it sells & ship products to to my country, but when push comes to shove, they try to flee from the back door!!!

Alas, I didn't know buying the PC parts would be that much difficult from actually building it!!! 

What's the use of building a PC if you've to live in a fear of contacting each & every product's manufacturer & loosing all the cash you've saved for years!!!!!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) | GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ AMD RX 5700 XT | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Storage: Silicon Power 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Monitor: BenQ EX2780Q | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

6 hours ago, Detective said:

As a summary of what is already disseminated in the thread, one is in a place where they don't need to provide any warranty and thus don't, and the other is in Germany, which is in Europe, and in Europe sellers are legally obliged to offer 2 years of warranty so they can't skimp.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

In the UK... in addition to the 2yr warranty period... items are expected to have a reasonable lifespan. So that washing machine you bought isn't expected to last a little over 2yrs but should be reasonably expected to last 5yrs or more. So you'd still have grounds for having it repaired under warranty rather than actually replaced as you would if it fails earlier.

Most people think they can only get a repair on items under warranty... this is not always the case and you will often get a replacement... these are often refurbished items from the authorised repair centre your faulty item was sent too.

Confused... it can get that way.

It's always worth checking what your consumer rights are in your country. You may be surprised at what you are getting denied and you'd be surprised at how quickly companies capitulate when you start informing them of their legal obligations when they are trying to deny you those consumer rights.

It's also worth joining an online consumer forum/group, in the UK I would recommend consumeractiongroup.co.uk who have had great success with large campains to uphold consumers rights. They were part of the process that saw the whole PIP scandal go in consumers favour which has cost banks billions in repayments. and they were part of the group that saw close to 200,000 sick people who were deliberately denied welfare benefits they were entitled to in the name of govt austerity for 7yrs... which is estimated to be costing the govt nearly 500 million in back payments. I know of one person who received around £6000 in money that had been denied them over 5yrs and had caused them significant hardship and suffering. There are even reports of people who actually died because they couldn't pay the bills because the govt deliberately put them in a sick group that was denied access to free prescriptions and they had to choose between meds or heat/food/water/light.

In fact... EVERYONE should join a consumer rights group regardless... learn what your rights are and spread that knowledge to others so we don't have people dying because of stupid bureaucracy.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

As a summary of what is already disseminated in the thread, one is in a place where they don't need to provide any warranty and thus don't, and the other is in Germany, which is in Europe, and in Europe sellers are legally obliged to offer 2 years of warranty so they can't skimp.

Thanks for clarifying that, but are you 100% sure??

So, with Amazon.com, it's normal to sell the product & then abaddon the buyer, how can one protects himself from a dishonest warranty provider in that kind of an environment, I mean what's the process in case of an emergency❓?

I am sure that in Europe it's 2 years since I live there, but AFAIK you didn't say where you are so it's just from what you said, and I know it's common in the USA.

If you get a dishonest warranty provider then bad luck, I guess you can sue them but the mere fact dishonest warranty providers can exist is pretty remote for me...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

48 minutes ago, Detective said:

Thanks for clarifying that, but are you 100% sure??

So, with Amazon.com, it's normal to sell the product & then abaddon the buyer, how can one protects himself from a dishonest warranty provider in that kind of an environment, I mean what's the process in case of an emergency❓?

With Amazon.com, aka US Amazon, as the seller Amazon has not obligation to help the buyer beyond the 30 day return period. If you have an issue after that, you have to take it up with the manufacturer. If they refuse to help you can go to the Better Business Bureau or sue them in small claims court.

Also, if you don't live in the US and are ordering from Amazon.com, then you're probably invalidating the manufacturer's warranty. Most warranties are only valid in the country of sale. For Amazon.com, this would the the US. You should find an authorized seller in your country which will have products with warranty valid for your country.

10 hours ago, Detective said:

Thanks for the reply, you're right, I should've asked differently, but in the back of my mind I knew 100% that Amazon doesn't offer any warranty, but honors its reputation of protecting the buyer from a dishonest warranty provider that doesn't honor their warranty. I am not a native English speaker, I thought it will be clear from the content of my post, what I meant to say, even now I am not sure how to ask this question, "Amazon doesn't honor their reputation of protecting the buyers from a dishonest warranty provider" or "Amazon only honor their reputation of protecting the buyers from a dishonest warranty provider whey they want it (pick and choose)". If you or anyone know how I should've asked this, Please do enlighten me, I am sure it will help me in the future. ??

You gave an example of a dead motherboard during the warranty period & said that I should contact with Amazon, yes you're 100% right, you've taken the words right out of my mouth, it's only seems natural, but our dear Amazon's CS doesn't agree, I asked:

Amazon CS: Sir sometimes, some item, offer and insurance policy that you can purchase to protect you investment.
Me: But this one didn't, so what's the solution?
Amazon CS: In this case sir you need to contact the manufacturer if our warranty is over.
Me: OK, I have to contact them through Amazon, am I right?

Amazon CS:  In this case no.

Me: So what I understood from your reply is I have to contact them directly & not via Amazon?
Amazon CS: If the 30 day window warranty is over with us, yes.

Me: Thank you for that, does the same process differ on the products that are sold and shipped by Amazon?
Amazon CS: Correct!
Me: Can you please through some light onto that, what's the difference?

Chat Disconnected!

Amazon CS: Hello, my name is -----. I'm sorry your previous chat disconnected. I will try and pick up where you left off.
Me: Thanks!
Amazon CS: The Amazon warranty last for about 30 days, after that you need to contact the manufacture and they will help you with the warranty
Amazon CS: I don't mean to rush you, but we've been idle for 1 minute. I want to make sure our chat's still connected. If you aren't able to respond in 1 minute, this chat will close.
Me: Yes, please give me a minute!
Amazon CS: ok
Me: I have heard from my friends & colleagues the items that are "sold and shipped by Amazon" are warrantied by Amazon, for example: In case of any defect Amazon will contact the manufacturer on my behalf??
Amazon CS: Our returns procedures state that within 30 days of delivery of your order, you may return most merchandise in new condition, with the original packaging and accessories, or any defective merchandise, for a full refund. Eligible baby items purchased from or fulfilled by Amazon can be returned up to 90 days after delivery.
Amazon CS: If the item is sold and fulfilled by a 3er party seller we need to contact the seller

One is saying, I should contact the seller, second is saying WE need to contact the seller!!, who's right, only God knows!! Upon asking, does the same process differ on the products that are sold and shipped by Amazon? She replied Correct! Then upon asking the same question to another CS agent, when I asked:

For example: In case of any defect Amazon will contact the manufacturer on my behalf??

Ignored my question completely, again started from 30 day policy!!

For me, it's clear that there is some kind of gimmick is played here, especially with people like me who haven't shopped from Amazon before & are an easy catch to manipulate!! To one/some customer/s they decided to live up to their reputation & for others, "WE ONLY SELL, GO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF WITH THE MANUFACTURER" unless the policy for Amazon.de & Amazon.com differs!!! 

All I want is to be protected by Amazon from those dishonest warranty providers, from whom's dirty dealings reddit & other forums are filled!!!

Now let's talk Amazon vs Newegg, where I live, it's a must for me to pay 5% VAT on each & every product along with a big sum for shipping whether I shop from Amazon, Newegg or any other seller in the world!!!

Thanks for the input, you're right, a warranty return must go through the seller & that's what I want, not have to deal with the manufacturer myself, I mean it's only natural because I purchased the product directly from a seller & not via a manufacturer, but our dear Amazon CS doesn't agree!!!

See, it get a bit difficult to answer since I don't know from where you're doing your shopping.

if you're residing within the EU, then Amazon can't rattle out of their obligation to honor the 2 year warranty as stated in Directive 1999/44/EC. Else they would be in violation of the aforementioned EU directive. If you're outside the EU, you will have to abide by the laws of your residence, even if the items are bought in Germany or another EU country.

Usually, that will mean you have to contact the manufacturer, in the case they've offered an independent warranty on the product. And if the product is imported by yourself, then you're probably shit outta luck, since most manufacturers won't honor warranties outside of the original, intended trading region.

That's also why the policy of Amazon.com and Amazon.de would be different. One, being Amazon.com, adheres to American law and legal practices, while the other follows EU directives and German law (which in this case is almost wholly dictated by the EU).

Again, if you're in the EU, Amazon has no choice as to whether or not they honor a warranty. They're legally obligated to. They decided to sell products, so they also run the risk of faulty products. This is just the harsh legal reality, and it doesn't have anything to do with Amazon's reputation.

Now, if the item you bought was purchased from a third-party, that use Amazon as a storefront, then Amazon isn't the seller and you need to contact the third-party directly. If you received a faulty piece of equipment from a mall store, you wouldn't take you warranty claim up with the mall, but with the individual store. The same goes with Amazon. At least, I would argue as such.

If you think you're being cheated, then you need to either contact a local consumer board or at least a friend that's knowledgeable about the rules and legislation that's governing for your situation. Giving general legal advice like this is bound to end badly, and getting someone who knows your local laws would really help you out.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

7 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

In the UK... in addition to the 2yr warranty period... items are expected to have a reasonable lifespan. So that washing machine you bought isn't expected to last a little over 2yrs but should be reasonably expected to last 5yrs or more. So you'd still have grounds for having it repaired under warranty rather than actually replaced as you would if it fails earlier.

Most people think they can only get a repair on items under warranty... this is not always the case and you will often get a replacement... these are often refurbished items from the authorised repair centre your faulty item was sent too.

Confused... it can get that way.

It's always worth checking what your consumer rights are in your country. You may be surprised at what you are getting denied and you'd be surprised at how quickly companies capitulate when you start informing them of their legal obligations when they are trying to deny you those consumer rights.

It's also worth joining an online consumer forum/group, in the UK I would recommend consumeractiongroup.co.uk who have had great success with large campains to uphold consumers rights. They were part of the process that saw the whole PIP scandal go in consumers favour which has cost banks billions in repayments. and they were part of the group that saw close to 200,000 sick people who were deliberately denied welfare benefits they were entitled to in the name of govt austerity for 7yrs... which is estimated to be costing the govt nearly 500 million in back payments. I know of one person who received around £6000 in money that had been denied them over 5yrs and had caused them significant hardship and suffering. There are even reports of people who actually died because they couldn't pay the bills because the govt deliberately put them in a sick group that was denied access to free prescriptions and they had to choose between meds or heat/food/water/light.

In fact... EVERYONE should join a consumer rights group regardless... learn what your rights are and spread that knowledge to others so we don't have people dying because of stupid bureaucracy.

Thanks for the super informative input, lots of love & respect.?

I can't grasp the fact of how you could get a repair for a product that's passed its warranty period! Where I come from, if you get a repair or a replacement during the warranty period then it's a bonus!?

I don't mind getting a replacement, only it should lask & work.?

The things you mentioned in your next to last paragraph, it's a sad reality & the true stories of injustices by our own govt/s!!?

I 100% agree with you that everyone should join a consumer rights group. I wish if I have people like you in my neighbourhood, I could buy with an ease of mind.

7 hours ago, Kilrah said:

I am sure that in Europe it's 2 years since I live there, but AFAIK you didn't say where you are so it's just from what you said, and I know it's common in the USA.

If you get a dishonest warranty provider then bad luck, I guess you can sue them but the mere fact dishonest warranty providers can exist is pretty remote for me...

Thanks again for the reply & giving me some hope.?

6 hours ago, harryk said:

With Amazon.com, aka US Amazon, as the seller Amazon has not obligation to help the buyer beyond the 30 day return period. If you have an issue after that, you have to take it up with the manufacturer. If they refuse to help you can go to the Better Business Bureau or sue them in small claims court.

Also, if you don't live in the US and are ordering from Amazon.com, then you're probably invalidating the manufacturer's warranty. Most warranties are only valid in the country of sale. For Amazon.com, this would the the US. You should find an authorized seller in your country which will have products with warranty valid for your country.

There are products that if I want to buy from Amazon US, I can't because Amazon US doesn't ship to where I live, but I can still buy them via "MyUS" or any other similar service provider, I can still benefit from the manufacturer's warranty (shipping it back to MyUS & then the manufacturer), but it would cost me more with a lot of headache.

So, I decided to buy the products that are available for my location, for example: "NX-EDG27S v2" monitor "Sold by Washington Blvd Sales and Fulfilled by Amazon" is available for my location, so there is no question of invalidating the manufacturer's warranty, I think. The only hurdle I have is I want to deal with the seller & not the manufacturer & even Gigabyte is agreeing with me!

If the seller is not willing to protect it's buyers or if it's the Country's law (even though I strongly disagree with it & smell an element of an injustice in it & that's why I am starting to admire EU laws regarding this particular case), I have to respect that, either buy from them according to their rules & regulations or look for a better place like EU?  i.e., shop with an ease of mind, in other words, excellence??.

Though one question is still floating in my mind, if I decide to purchase from Amazon US & the manufacturer refused to repair or replace it for me & I am sure I am getting robbed by the manufacturer, will I then be able to go to the Better Business Bureau or sue them in small claims court from another country (Middle East) & how much time it will take from within the state & from another country, it it's allowed??

"You should find an authorized seller in your country which will have products with warranty valid for your country."

yeah, wish me luck for finding that one! 

7 minutes ago, Detective said:

I am starting to admire EU laws regarding this particular case), I have to respect that, either buy from them according to their rules & regulations or look for a better place like EU?

Purchasing from EU won't help you if you are not located in EU. Well unless you have a contact that is and can ship to/from you and handle the matter at great shipping/tax cost.

Really when shopping overseas if there is no manufacturer representation in your country you can consider that you have no practical way of making a warranty claim, so it is a gamble and you just hope the thing works or you're SOL (unless you can get it repaired locally by a 3rd party). If there is a manufacturer representation in your country then you can buy there, so... basically overseas = no warranty.

F@H

GPD Win 2

22 minutes ago, Detective said:

if I decide to purchase from Amazon US & the manufacturer refused to repair or replace it for me

Keep in mind, some companies products the warnaty is only valid in the country of purchase. I know from personal expirence Google was this way with their Nexus phones. If you bought it in the US, then you warranty was only valid in the US. So if you going to do this, you need to make sure you have a world wide warratny, or have a friend in the country of puchase who you can send the product to, so they can send it in for you. 

5 hours ago, Volbet said:

See, it get a bit difficult to answer since I don't know from where you're doing your shopping.

if you're residing within the EU, then Amazon can't rattle out of their obligation to honor the 2 year warranty as stated in Directive 1999/44/EC. Else they would be in violation of the aforementioned EU directive. If you're outside the EU, you will have to abide by the laws of your residence, even if the items are bought in Germany or another EU country.

Usually, that will mean you have to contact the manufacturer in the case they've offered an independent warranty on the product. And if the product is imported by yourself, then you're probably shit outta luck, since most manufacturers won't honor warranties outside of the original, intended trading region.

That's also why the policy of Amazon.com and Amazon.de would be different. One, being Amazon.com, adheres to American law and legal practices, while the other follows EU directives and German law (which in this case is almost wholly dictated by the EU).

Again, if you're in the EU, Amazon has no choice as to whether or not they honor a warranty. They're legally obligated to. They decide to sell products, they also run the risk of faulty products. This is just the harsh legal reality, and it doesn't have anything to do with Amazon's reputation.

Now, if the item you bought was purchased from a third-party, that use Amazon as a storefront, then Amazon isn't the seller and you need to contact the third-party directly. If you received a faulty piece of equipment from a mall store, you wouldn't take you warranty claim up with the mall, but with the individual store. The same goes with Amazon. At least, I would argue as such.

If you think you're being cheated, then you need to either contact a local consumer board or at least a friend that's knowledgeable about the rules and legislation that's governing for your situation. Giving general legal advice like this is bound to end badly, and getting someone who knows your local laws would really help you out.

Thank for an informative input, really appreciate it.

4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Purchasing from EU won't help you if you are not located in EU. Well unless you have a contact that is and can ship to/from you and handle the matter at great shipping/tax cost.

Really when shopping overseas if there is no manufacturer representation in your country you can consider that you have no practical way of making a warranty claim, so it is a gamble and you just hope the thing works or you're SOL (unless you can get it repaired locally by a 3rd party). If there is a manufacturer representation in your country then you can buy there, so... basically overseas = no warranty.

The conversion I shared in my starting post between Amazon.de & the customer who bought a Samsung CHG70 monitor resides in the same country where I live, I want to ask him directly but I am unable to register on that forum, after confirming my registration, they asked for my mobile number, so, I gave it but didn't receive any verification code, I tried it several times but I get a message saying: We're unable to send any messages to you, I contacted their support, so let's see what happens.

So, this guy bought from Amazon.de & gave an advice at the end of his topic to only buy from Amazon & not from Newegg because of the 30 day only guarantee...

Another guy disputed him by saying I also bought the same monitor from Amazon & it didn't even serve me for a year, I asked Amazon & they said talk to the manufacturer & now it's residing in my garage...

Then the original poster replied, it can't be, then the one who disputed him shared his conversation with the Amazon CS representative in which he mentioned that both his "Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme" & "MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Ti" died & the order was only three months old, So the Amazon CS simply gave him the links to both manufacturer's contact us page.?

Then the original poster shared his conversation with the Amazon.de CS representative which I mentioned in my original post...

Someone also asked him, where can I get it with the warranty.

He the original poster replied, from Amazon but the seller should be Amazon.

It's obvious that they were unaware of the Directive 1999/44/EC law, like I was before.

The reason or mentioning all that was if Amazon.de (really hard to find something that actually ships to my location) ships to my location then according to the buyer who bought it from there comes with a 2 year warranty! 

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Keep in mind, some companies products the warnaty is only valid in the country of purchase. I know from personal expirence Google was this way with their Nexus phones. If you bought it in the US, then you warranty was only valid in the US. So if you going to do this, you need to make sure you have a world wide warratny, or have a friend in the country of puchase who you can send the product to, so they can send it in for you. 

You may be right, it needs further investigation!?

I hope I can get an appointment with Detective Conan.?

The most astonishing thing to me is if the Products sold by Amazon or third parties can be shipped to my location then they should come with an international warranty because the manufacturer allowed Amazon to sell them to my location, am I wrong!!!???

10 minutes ago, Detective said:

wrong

Dont count on the retailer to follow the manufactures rules. Manufactures dont have say really where their products end up. Id contact the manufacture and ask them directly what they offer. 

5 hours ago, Kilrah said:

so... basically overseas = no warranty.

This is the tldr of this whole thread.

If you buy internationally, assume you have no warranty. The only exception is if the manufacturer explicitly provides worldwide warranty which is rare.

9 hours ago, Detective said:

I can't grasp the fact of how you could get a repair for a product that's passed its warranty period! Where I come from, if you get a repair or a replacement during the warranty period then it's a bonus!?

I don't mind getting a replacement, only it should lask & work.?

It can be difficult to get it sorted and because it's a fairly new requirement, I'd have to look up exactly when it came into effect... but within the last 5yrs I think. You'd better be prepared to fight for it as companies will fight you all the way up to the point it might cost them either money or bad publicity.

In recent months I've taken to calling out crappy companies on Twitter who have tried to screw me over... using hashtags like #fraud #scammers #useless #incompetent and so forth. They ignore you when you email and submit complaints... But get on twitter and start telling your story and calling them out on their shady practices... and it's amazing how quick they respond.  :)

In the last couple of months I've had Amazon try to steal over £500 from me because they kept screwing up for 6 weeks. I ordered a new mattress during the sale and it was almost £200 off. The mattress that arrived was supposed to be 25cm deep... it was 20.5cm deep. Spoke to the manufacturer and they said a 1cm deviation is quite normal... 4.5cm is not and it must be defective.  Contact amazon they want it sent back of course, I say.. what am I supposed to sleep on?  So they agree to send a replacement, which arrives about 4-5 days later... But they didn't take the old one, which I can't repackage because it's a mem foam one and once unpacked can't be re-vacuum sealed in it's box... Over the next 6 weeks they fail to collect it 6 times... One time I actually catch the guy pulling up outside my house, looking at his forms... realising what it is he's collecting and simply driving off.  So I give amazon some crap and tell them I'm putting it outside and if they want it, they'd better hope it doesn't rain... They tell me if it's not collected the following day I can dispose of it myself.  So after they fail to collect again...2 days later of it goes to the recycling centre.  3 weeks later they steal £558 from my account for the replacement mattress that they invoiced me for £0... I went ballistic at them. I got my money back, a £30 credit on my account and an apology.

Next up.. my insurance company... after a drunk, uninsured driver crashed into 3 parked cars when I was visiting my mum back in mid August.... who also did a runner. I'm fully covered, it's a simple no fault claim and my car is a total loss. I jump through every hoop and after about 3 weeks it's getting harder and harder to get any kind of a response from them. Meanwhile I've got a hire car that's costing the motor insurance bureau a couple hundred a week to supply me with... after 6 weeks I've had enough. I've been collecting proof of the value of my car and the average I've got is actually £600 more than I was asking.  Off to twitter I go and start calling them out... after 24hrs I get a response agreeing to resolve it within 1hr... and 90 mins later I've had a call to agree to pay me out what my car was worth... my value not the lowball one they would try and fob me off with... Which is funny because it's £500 more than I paid for the car 6 months earlier.  :)  Mind you I did spend £1000 on it after buying it, refub wheels, new tyres, servicing, a few upgrades and so forth... I use the ins money to buy an identical car, same colour, better spec, newer and few miles on it... for £700 less than the payout and swap over a load of the improvements from the totalled car... My new car is now worth almost 40% more than I paid for it.  :)

Third one... breakdown cover... AAA to those in the US I think. All I wanted to do was transfer cover from the old car to the new one... they don't respond to webforms which is the only way to contact them... no number published on their site and online company only.  Complain on twitter and get an immediate response... but I end up dealing with a snotty condescending, obnoxious person who's taken offence at me complaining on twitter... over the next 48hrs and many emails back and forth... with them condescending to me expecting me to have memorised every single detail of the ToS and can only respond to questions with 'you agreed to this in the ToS' instead of simply typing a few words extra and expecting me to go scouring through 20 pages looking for a tiny snippet buried in the small print. So I'm getting more annoyed, they deliberately aggravating me... the end result was I got a full refund and went back to the previous company I was with... with the bonus that as a 'new' customer it was £11 cheaper than the one I got refunded... which was cheaper than the 'renewal' quote I got that prompted the switch in the first place... Confused... yeah.. so was I.  :)

The moral of this very long and rambling post... or tl:dr... make a nuisance of yourself, complain loudly, firmly and politely... don't rant and rave, state your case with facts and don't be afraid to be aggressive (politely). It seems that's the only way to get results these days, by calling them out publicly.

I now have a twitter account specifically for that purpose.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

2 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

It can be difficult to get it sorted and because it's a fairly new requirement, I'd have to look up exactly when it came into effect... but within the last 5yrs I think. You'd better be prepared to fight for it as companies will fight you all the way up to the point it might cost them either money or bad publicity.

In recent months I've taken to calling out crappy companies on Twitter who have tried to screw me over... using hashtags like #fraud #scammers #useless #incompetent and so forth. They ignore you when you email and submit complaints... But get on twitter and start telling your story and calling them out on their shady practices... and it's amazing how quick they respond.  :)

In the last couple of months I've had Amazon try to steal over £500 from me because they kept screwing up for 6 weeks. I ordered a new mattress during the sale and it was almost £200 off. The mattress that arrived was supposed to be 25cm deep... it was 20.5cm deep. Spoke to the manufacturer and they said a 1cm deviation is quite normal... 4.5cm is not and it must be defective.  Contact amazon they want it sent back of course, I say.. what am I supposed to sleep on?  So they agree to send a replacement, which arrives about 4-5 days later... But they didn't take the old one, which I can't repackage because it's a mem foam one and once unpacked can't be re-vacuum sealed in it's box... Over the next 6 weeks they fail to collect it 6 times... One time I actually catch the guy pulling up outside my house, looking at his forms... realising what it is he's collecting and simply driving off.  So I give amazon some crap and tell them I'm putting it outside and if they want it, they'd better hope it doesn't rain... They tell me if it's not collected the following day I can dispose of it myself.  So after they fail to collect again...2 days later of it goes to the recycling centre.  3 weeks later they steal £558 from my account for the replacement mattress that they invoiced me for £0... I went ballistic at them. I got my money back, a £30 credit on my account and an apology.

Next up.. my insurance company... after a drunk, uninsured driver crashed into 3 parked cars when I was visiting my mum back in mid August.... who also did a runner. I'm fully covered, it's a simple no fault claim and my car is a total loss. I jump through every hoop and after about 3 weeks it's getting harder and harder to get any kind of a response from them. Meanwhile I've got a hire car that's costing the motor insurance bureau a couple hundred a week to supply me with... after 6 weeks I've had enough. I've been collecting proof of the value of my car and the average I've got is actually £600 more than I was asking.  Off to twitter I go and start calling them out... after 24hrs I get a response agreeing to resolve it within 1hr... and 90 mins later I've had a call to agree to pay me out what my car was worth... my value not the lowball one they would try and fob me off with... Which is funny because it's £500 more than I paid for the car 6 months earlier.  :)  Mind you I did spend £1000 on it after buying it, refub wheels, new tyres, servicing, a few upgrades and so forth... I use the ins money to buy an identical car, same colour, better spec, newer and few miles on it... for £700 less than the payout and swap over a load of the improvements from the totalled car... My new car is now worth almost 40% more than I paid for it.  :)

Third one... breakdown cover... AAA to those in the US I think. All I wanted to do was transfer cover from the old car to the new one... they don't respond to webforms which is the only way to contact them... no number published on their site and online company only.  Complain on twitter and get an immediate response... but I end up dealing with a snotty condescending, obnoxious person who's taken offence at me complaining on twitter... over the next 48hrs and many emails back and forth... with them condescending to me expecting me to have memorised every single detail of the ToS and can only respond to questions with 'you agreed to this in the ToS' instead of simply typing a few words extra and expecting me to go scouring through 20 pages looking for a tiny snippet buried in the small print. So I'm getting more annoyed, they deliberately aggravating me... the end result was I got a full refund and went back to the previous company I was with... with the bonus that as a 'new' customer it was £11 cheaper than the one I got refunded... which was cheaper than the 'renewal' quote I got that prompted the switch in the first place... Confused... yeah.. so was I.  :)

The moral of this very long and rambling post... or tl:dr... make a nuisance of yourself, complain loudly, firmly and politely... don't rant and rave, state your case with facts and don't be afraid to be aggressive (politely). It seems that's the only way to get results these days, by calling them out publicly.

I now have a twitter account specifically for that purpose.

You're a one strong willed person, I admire you for that. ?

You're right, I should ask them publicly where they can't hide & cover their faults!?

Actually after finding out the harsh truth about warranties, I was planning to email each & every PC parts manufacturer & ask them whether they will honor their warranty & take responsibility for their products, but your idea seems better! ?

In the meantime, I replied back to gigabyte, took them three days to reply to my first message, now three days have passed on my second reply, lets see what will be their reply! ☹

Hello everyone, 

Update on the issue:

I contacted Amazon CS again, this time I contacted the "return & refunds department" & provided four product links (Motherboard, CPU, GPU & PSU) "sold and shipped by Amazon" in my question along with an addition link (CPU cooler) "sold by seller & fulfilled by Amazon" I started the question by adding a sentence from this page, 

About Warranty Repairs & here is an overview of that conversation:

Me: I want to know which products fall in this category:
"Warranty repairs are available for some products sold directly by Amazon.com and covered under a manufacturer warranty."

Does that mean Amazon will be responsible for warranty claims?

Amazon CS: 'Does that mean Amazon will be responsible for warranty claims?'

That's right!

shared the links...

Amazon CS: Yes, the first three yes.
The latter is (CPU cooler) sold by ------ and Fulfilled by Amazon.
In the latter case, you have the refund guarantee in case something happened with the item

Me: Just to be clear, we are talking about products warranty & not 30 day warranty?
Amazon CS: The item warranty, described in the item, is one year.! If you want more than one year you must pay the extra

Me: I didn't find the 1 year warranty mentioned within the item links I shared?
Amazon CS: In most cases it is a year.
I'm sorry the warranty information for this product isn't listed on our website. Many of the items offered on our website are covered by a manufacturer's warranty.

If you'd like a copy of the manufacturer's warranty for a product found on Amazon.com please click in this link
About Manufacturer's Warranties
And send an email with your questions or requests
Me: Ok, the warranty for the items sold & shipped by Amazon, Amazon will be responsible & not the manufacturer, am I right?
Amazon CS: That's right!
Me: So, for example: If a monitor, GPU or a motherboard becomes defective after 30 days, I have to contact Amazon for the repairs or replacement?

Amazon CS: After 30 days we must contact the warranty department at Amazon because Amazon is the seller. This department will determine if it is repaired or replaced.
Before these 30 days, if you contact Amazon customer service, we can do the replacement at one time without contacting the warranty department.
To your question, yes! After 30 days, you can contact Amazon
Customer service transfers the case to the warranty department and as I said before, this department is responsible for evaluating whether it is repaired or replaced

Me: That's wonderful, So, even if the item is shipped internationally by Amazon, will I still benefit from the manufacturer's warranty?
Amazon CS: Yes

I must say, I am relieved somewhat!

I also contacted Amazon italy which resides in EU, I asked about three monitors, I must say the guys there were super polite & I kinda sensed a different vibe and energy, in a positive way, here is an overview of it:

Amazon.it CS: ... I've carefully checked these items and I see these items are available sold and fulfilled by Amazon.it and also sold and fulfilled by Amazon.it warehouse deals and there're available sold and fulfilled by sellers "marketplace orders" and the warranty is according to the kind of the item that you will purchase from.

Please note that any item labeled sold and fulfilled by Amazon.it "Venduto e spedito da Amazon.it" are under the legal warranty for two years from Amazon.it.

If any of these items showed any defect within the warranty period you will be eligible for the following:

- A full refund (return of the original item required)
- A partial refund of small percentage of the item's price for keeping the item
- A free replacement (If available or if the item is still in stock) and return of the original item required

For the items that are sold and fulfilled by Amazon Warehouse deals. If any of these items showed any defect within the warranty period you will be eligible for the following:

- A full refund (return of the original item required)
- A partial refund of small percentage of the item's price for keeping the item, but there're some items have no partial refund as it is according to the item itself

Mentioning that in case of returning any item back to Amazon as the reason that the item is defective, we refund all the shipping charges you will have to endure to return the item so any amount you will pay will be refunded upon sending us a PDF or JPG of the courier receipt to the following email address :

orders-2@amazon.it

For the marketplace items which are sold and fulfilled by third part sellers, you can find all information about Amazon Marketplace orders in the following link:
Help in English 

You can find full details of the A-Z Guarantee at the following page:

Garanzia dalla A alla Z ....

My follow up: ... if the item is shipped internationally, will I still be able to benefit from 2 year warranty?
Is it possible to purchase additional warranty if the item ships internationally?

Amazon.it CS: ... I assure you that, you will benefit from the 2 years legal warranty even if the item is shipped international, as you are covered by our 2 years legal warranty anywhere is included.

Regarding the additional warranty, I kindly ask you to contact our relevant department for more information about if it...

I must say, I will choose Amazon.it (EU) anyday over Amazon US.

Today again I contacted Amazon US CS regarding a monitor warranty "sold by a seller & fulfilled by Amazon" & it didn't go well. Amazon ships the monitor to my location along with mentioning a 3 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty on the product's page, but fails to mention that "IT IS ONLY EFFECTIVE IN THE US AND CANADA". First I contacted the seller & here is his response:

"Sadly my information of warranty does not expand on that exactly. Please contact ----- directly for their warranty info

Thank you"

So, I went to the manufacturer's site & found the warranty information for that particular model & it was clearly mentioned that the warranty will only be available in US & Canada. 

Why will Amazon ship it to my location without mentioning that it will come without any warranty!? I mean you can ship it where ever you want but the least you could do is mention that "BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK"!!!

To conclude, one should buy with caution, ask, research & contact the seller before you make up your mind untill WE make a difference, and like @Anomnomnomaly said:

"EVERYONE should join a consumer rights group regardless... learn what your rights are and spread that knowledge to others so we don't have people dying because of stupid bureaucracy."

"Make a nuisance of yourself, complain loudly, firmly and politely... don't rant and rave, state your case with facts and don't be afraid to be aggressive (politely). It seems that's the only way to get results these days, by calling them out publicly."