[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

35 minutes ago, RandomDavid said:

Hey, I'm new here. Is SUPER FLOWER 650W LEADEX II good or Corxair Txm 650w or Corsair Rm650? Any recommendation??

Check where they are on the list. That should give you an idea. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

36 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Check where they are on the list. That should give you an idea. ;)

Okay thanks. ?

1 minute ago, sokzkota said:

TX850M

when did you buy it? there are more than 1 txm bronze

25 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

when did you buy it? there are more than 1 txm bronze

few years back. It sits in my old case, not sure about the mfg date etc. as i would have to unscrew it from the case.

it look exact like the one in the link above  - i know it's not 2017 Gold, but older with only Bronze Certification 

17 minutes ago, sokzkota said:

but older with only Bronze Certification

well... there are two txms, and another two tx's

so i can hardly say which it is

okay. i will take it out of the case then someday. Thanks!

TLDR guys if you don't know IT JUST WORKS and i have BIOS GPU stress tests and CPU stress tests to back it up with the voltage readings

So, I'm going to be building a multigpu system for blender and I was wondering where would the phanteks revolt x fall on the list? Is the revolt x comparable to the cooler master v-platinum?

2 minutes ago, Ritsuka said:

Is the revolt x comparable to the cooler master v-platinum?

i actually got a pm about the revolt x

i'm doing my research the coming days and add it whenever i'm done

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i actually got a pm about the revolt x

i'm doing my research the coming days and add it whenever i'm done

Thanks, can't wait :)

5 hours ago, Redicat said:

TLDR guys if you don't know IT JUST WORKS

You seem kinda ranty about this "Tier-D" power supply of yours, care to help make more sense out of your posting and actually TELL us what model, since you seem so keen on sharing about it?

i have BIOS GPU stress tests

that's neat ? are you sure you didn't just throw the word "BIOS" in there to make that sound fancier?  Cuz not sure how you stress test a GPU Bios.

CPU stress tests to back it up with the voltage readings

To confirm that a power supply you own, is currently able to supply voltage to your CPU while it's under a stress test?  That's super neat also.  That clearly contradicts any idea that there was ever a PSU manufactured that has better design or performance than whatever that is.

1 hour ago, LogicWeasel said:

You seem kinda ranty about this "Tier-D" power supply of yours, care to help make more sense out of your posting and actually TELL us what model, since you seem so keen on sharing about it?

that's neat ? are you sure you didn't just throw the word "BIOS" in there to make that sound fancier?  Cuz not sure how you stress test a GPU Bios.

To confirm that a power supply you own, is currently able to supply voltage to your CPU while it's under a stress test?  That's super neat also.  That clearly contradicts any idea that there was ever a PSU manufactured that has better design or performance than whatever that is.

Given the number of really solid to great PSU's that end up in Tier D, it wouldn't shock me at all if he was right. The list in its current form is a joke.

5 minutes ago, FALC0N said:

Given the number of really solid to great PSU's that end up in Tier D, it wouldn't shock me at all if he was right. The list in its current form is a joke.

Funny, the people who love to hate on this list go out of their way to throw shade at it, but don't like to contribute ideas or be constructive.  Haters 'gon hate eh?

20 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

Funny, the people who love to hate on this list go out of their way to throw shade at it, but don't like to contribute ideas or be constructive.  Haters 'gon hate eh?

I contribute ideas all the time.  So do most of the other critics.   They are simply ignored.  Which especially shocking when you consider how knowledgeable some of the critics are.  

1 minute ago, FALC0N said:

I contribute ideas all the time.  So do most of the other critics.   They are simply ignored.  Which especially shocking when you consider how knowledgeable some of the critics are.  

let me say something as simple as this

i do nothing with complaints anymore, as they don't contribute in any way

constructive change can be done, but otherwise you can go on all you want, but that would rather increase the chance of getting ignored rather than i'd actually make work out of it.

and seeing you called me a liar, my work bs and i've explained multiple times why your precious units are in it's place, i'm done

For fricks sake luke and his gang are just trying to make and maintain a project to help people

if you can't be civil or/and have constructive feedback please leave

same with those who hate on the tier list just because it's not perfect

i'm sure luke+friends are trying, and if you don't like it, make one yourself

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

54 minutes ago, FALC0N said:

Yeah sorry but your "contributions" have amounted to

"List sux delete it"

And

"Seasonic rulz"

So I'm not sure what you're doing is in any way constructive.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, FALC0N said:

We asked you, very politely, in the last tier list thread, to share your ideas and received no response. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

3 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Yeah sorry but your "contributions" have amounted to

"List sux delete it"

And

"Seasonic rulz"

So I'm not sure what you're doing is in any way constructive.

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

We asked you, very politely, in the last tier list thread, to share your ideas and received no response. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, Gegger said:

if you can't be civil or/and have constructive feedback please leave

We don't even have to leave tonight's post to put that claim to rest.  Four hours ago, in the thread titled "Rosewill PHOTON 50W vs Corsair RM650x PSU?" I wrote:

"The tier lists in this forum are a hot mess and barely worth considering. The Corsair RMx should be at least a tier up and has a solid advantage over the Photon." 

There you go.  An example of a clear and actionable information that will be ignored like all the others.  I didn't even have to leave this evenings posts to prove you wrong.  And Fasauceome, you posted in that thread.  I have a lot more where that came from.  Just give the word and I will happily quote them for you going back two months. I could also restate all those criticisms and suggestions if you wish.  But claiming that I wasn't offering them is just bizarre.

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

let me say something as simple as this

i do nothing with complaints anymore, as they don't contribute in any way

constructive change can be done, but otherwise you can go on all you want, but that would rather increase the chance of getting ignored rather than i'd actually make work out of it.

and seeing you called me a liar, my work bs and i've explained multiple times why your precious units are in it's place, i'm done

You never listened to the criticisms to begin with.  How is this any different than before?

I think you are confusing me with one of the many others who criticized the list.  I never called you a liar and I don't recall calling your work BS either.

3 hours ago, FALC0N said:

It's whack complaining about failed protections, when the failures seem to be when someone significantly overloads a power supply. If something is failing in an expected environment then yeah it should be lambasted, but no one should be surprised something fails when you completely disregard every bit of common sense surrounding its use. Power supply calculators exist for a reason.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1