[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

8 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

That isn't a link that's a string of text.

i found it... gp=g+

Seasonic core gold GC and GM. Both are 80+ gold and 500 w.  They are at a reasonable price here, but i can't seem to find any info about them. Do you guys know anything about them? 

8 minutes ago, Erik052000 said:

Seasonic core gold GC and GM. Both are 80+ gold and 500 w.  They are at a reasonable price here, but i can't seem to find any info about them. Do you guys know anything about them? 

Neither we, no reviews yet. It might be somewhat degraded Seasonic Focus but no telling if it's actually good or not, if you have mid\high-end GPU then better not to risk it.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

Neither we, no reviews yet.

Damn, I've been looking at psu's for 10 days straight and I still didn't find one that I want. 

Just now, Erik052000 said:

Damn, I've been looking at psu's for 10 days straight and I still didn't find one that I want. 

What's your build specs anyway ?

10 minutes ago, Erik052000 said:

Seasonic core gold GC and GM. Both are 80+ gold and 500 w

reviews hopefully come the coming weeks, but i have no more than internal shots yet

1 minute ago, Juular said:

What's your build specs anyway ?

I3 6100 

Rx 580

8 gb ram

Msi h110m 

1 tb hdd

250gb ssd. 

About 2 weeks ago I bought  the rx580 and realised I have a ticking bomb in my pc. Back like 3 years ago at 16 I didnt know anything about psu's and bought a chinese 500w crap. I didn't want to risk the new gpu which has way bigger watt usage than my old gtx 750ti. So i did some long research and I realised I need a trusty psu for long term. My budget is pretty tight and prices are weird here.

36 minutes ago, Erik052000 said:

My budget is pretty tight and prices are weird here.

Go with Supremo L2 then.

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

Go with Supremo L2 then.

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion, I will see how prices go as i still have 1 week to decide. 

6 minutes ago, Juular said:

Go with Supremo L2 then.

And will the 550w be enough? I would like a ryzen5 3600 sometime in the future

5 minutes ago, Erik052000 said:

And will the 550w be enough? I would like a ryzen5 3600 sometime in the future

More than enough, it's actually enough even for i9 9900KS + RTX2080 Ti in gaming.

More than enough, it's actually enough even for i9 9900KS + RTX2080 Ti in gaming.

Ah okay, thank you for your help

31 minutes ago, Juular said:

One last question if you don't mind. The supremo l2 doesn't have OTP protection, and I saw many good psu that don't have OTP. Isn't that a concern? 

1 minute ago, Erik052000 said:

One last question if you don't mind. The supremo l2 doesn't have OTP protection, and I saw many good psu that don't have OTP. Isn't that a concern? 

Well, assuming you wouldn't run it in hot-box conditions 24\7 it would be fine. It looks like you don't have much other choice anyway.

40 minutes ago, Erik052000 said:

That's actually a good catch, neither Supremo L2 nor Deepcool ST have OTP, but it's one of requirements of tier B+ over B. Any word @LukeSavenije\

Not that it's terribly relevant for a budget PSU anyway, especially since you have rather limited options.

That's actually a good catch, neither Supremo L2 nor Deepcool ST have OTP, but it's one of requirements of tier B+ over B. Any word @LukeSavenije\

Not that it's terribly relevant for a budget PSU anyway, especially since you have rather limited options.

yep, I was surprised because it is in B+ category and those should have OTP

14 minutes ago, Juular said:

neither Supremo L2 nor Deepcool ST have OTP, but it's one of requirements of tier B+ over B

just checked reviews back, on the supremo you're right, at least as far as the ic goes. I'll take a safe guess and assume it's not in the fan controller like for example the g2 had

the dq-st I'm looking deeper into, I'm not 100% sure on that one, as i can't find the ic in the 3 reviews i just checked

Where exactly would the Aerocool LUX RGB PSU 750W rank in all of this?

Ive only seen people not recommending (without testing anything), the 550W psu of the same branding.

How about the 750W?

Atleast B+? or more of a B? Or compleatly disregard this PSU?

3 minutes ago, Bot_controller said:

Where exactly would the Aerocool LUX RGB PSU 750W rank in all of this?

Ive only seen people not recommending (without testing anything), the 550W psu of the same branding.

How about the 750W?

Atleast B+? or more of a B? Or compleatly disregard this PSU?

I wouldn't trust it for anything. 

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I wouldn't trust it for anything. 

Well its between this, some Chieftec non rated units and potential fire hazards, is this better than those?

1 minute ago, Bot_controller said:

Well its between this, some Chieftec non rated units and potential fire hazards, is this better than those?

we can't know for sure if there's not much more than some internal shots, indicating if it was perfect otherwise it'd be at the very best tier c. but with the past aerocool budget units, I'm skeptical

are there really no other options for you?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

we can't know for sure if there's not much more than some internal shots, indicating if it was perfect otherwise it'd be at the very best tier c. but with the past aerocool budget units, I'm skeptical

are there really no other options for you?

Nah, my market is pretty bad so no other decent looking units that i could buy.. (none that aren't over the moon pricing at least..)

Just now, Bot_controller said:

Nah, my market is pretty bad so no other decent looking units that i could buy.. (none that aren't over the moon pricing at least..)

what is your system specifications ? and where do you live ?

CPU:  i7 9700K / CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4/Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi/ RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB  DDR4

GPU:  ASUS ROG STRIX  RTX 2070 SSD:  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe / HDD:  3TB WD 30EZRX

PC Case:  CM H500P Mesh White / PSU: Corsair RM850i -850w Gold  /Monitor :LG CX 55 + S27B970D

DAC: Audioengine D1 /Speakers : Focal Bird 2.1 /Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380Pro / B&W PX

PC Part Picker

18 hours ago, Tenma White said:

You bought 10 Gigabyte G750H?

yes, for builds for friends and my personal rig (they go as low as $60 new here in canada)

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.