[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

@LukeSavenije were you able to find more info about the xpg core reactor? I would like the be sure it is a solid unit before purchasing it...

4 minutes ago, spart said:

@LukeSavenije were you able to find more info about the xpg core reactor? I would like the be sure it is a solid unit before purchasing it...

why are you limited with this option , there is no gurrantee on how it performs , specially with a non major brandname PSU , they can have several platforms sold in different regions under the same model 

CPU:  i7 9700K / CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4/Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi/ RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB  DDR4

GPU:  ASUS ROG STRIX  RTX 2070 SSD:  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe / HDD:  3TB WD 30EZRX

PC Case:  CM H500P Mesh White / PSU: Corsair RM850i -850w Gold  /Monitor :LG CX 55 + S27B970D

DAC: Audioengine D1 /Speakers : Focal Bird 2.1 /Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380Pro / B&W PX

PC Part Picker

3 hours ago, Mezoxin said:

I would go for the Gigabyte G750H , its a decent unit with full modularity and the better performing of the two 

Out of all the PSU I mentioned above which one is the best? Ignore the price.

18 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Out of all the PSU I mentioned above which one is the best? Ignore the price.

They are all the same tier so it basically comes down to price and features

The Gigabyte G750H is a semi-modular 80+ Gold rated PSU

The Cooler Master 550w MWE Gold is a fully-modular 80+ Gold rated PSU

The Corsair CX650 is a non-modular 80+ Bronze rated PSU

All come with a standard 5 year warranty.

If they are within ~$10-15, the Gigabyte would be my choice due to higher wattage. Second choice would be the 550w MWE Gold for being fully modular and Gold-rated over the CX. CX would be last since it's a Bronze-rated non-modular PSU.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

6 hours ago, Tenma White said:

Since for some reason CX is a tier higher than CXM

internally two totally different units. cx is honestly internally closer to a txm than it is to a cxm

I'd personally grab the g750h, also one of the many cwt gps's

4 hours ago, Mezoxin said:

specially with a non major brandname PSU

technically cwt is one, but that aside. no reviews is no recommendation

4 hours ago, spart said:

were you able to find more info about the xpg core reactor?

not yet

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

I was referring to ADATA  being new to the psu market , and ADATA's latest scandal with the black friday 8200pro where they scammed buyers and sent them an inferior model , it could do the same with psu's and have different platforms or oem manufacturers for the same model , even with reviews out i would never trust them with a sealed mystery black box where a user can never find out what he has got inside 

CPU:  i7 9700K / CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4/Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi/ RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB  DDR4

GPU:  ASUS ROG STRIX  RTX 2070 SSD:  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe / HDD:  3TB WD 30EZRX

PC Case:  CM H500P Mesh White / PSU: Corsair RM850i -850w Gold  /Monitor :LG CX 55 + S27B970D

DAC: Audioengine D1 /Speakers : Focal Bird 2.1 /Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380Pro / B&W PX

PC Part Picker

8 minutes ago, Mezoxin said:

ADATA's latest scandal with the black friday 8200pro

so has kingston, sabrent, nox and many more. 

a single scandal doesn't make me trust a brand more or less

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

Any psu shipping with individually sleeved cables?

I've seen some corsairs do it, but it's quite a rare thing, as the cables are pretty labor intensive to make

hmm okey

do u think its worth it to upgrade a XFX pro 850 from 2012?

52 minutes ago, NorKris said:

do u think its worth it to upgrade a XFX pro 850 from 2012?

what exact model?

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

so has kingston, sabrent, nox and many more. 

a single scandal doesn't make me trust a brand more or less

I appreciate you not being subjective about it but  if we take all maters into consideration  ADATA doesnt have much to loose on its goodwill in the PSU market when compared to other major PSU brands with long history of credibility , they probably dont have a long term contract with CWT when compared to someone like corsair for example so they are more prone to find themseleves switching OEM's  and their very recent history of consumer fraud that showed how skewed of a moral compass they have all makes me unable to trust them with what is the contents  inside a mystery black box that they are sure no user will ever open it in order not to void the warranty 

PC Part Picker

21 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

internally two totally different units. cx is honestly internally closer to a txm than it is to a cxm

I'd personally grab the g750h, also one of the many cwt gps's

not yet

What's a CWT GPS?
And btw damn the store ran out of G750H they said they would restock on 1st week of February or something. 
I'm also kinda worried now. Apparently Gigabyte is not really the one that made the PSU? they just stamped their name/logo? I also don't see that much stuff about the PSU and some are saying to stay away from it.

Can my current Seasonic S12ii 520W still hold or should I just choose another PSU? What about the Corsair CXM 650W? = $75

25 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

What's a CWT GPS?

a platform from psu maker CWT,  used in a couple tier b+ units

26 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Apparently Gigabyte is not really the one that made the PSU?

correct, that would be CWT here. it's used by many others, most famously Corsair

28 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Can my current Seasonic S12ii 520W still hold or should I just choose another PSU?

i would recommend to do so. the s12ii lacks 12v under voltage protection and is group regulated

28 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

What about the Corsair CXM 650W? = $75

a rather high price for a cxm

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

a rather high price for a cxm

what would be its proper price tag? 
Any other suggestions around $80 or  4000PHP PSU? I'm not sure about the gigabyte because of lack in popularity and some people saying to avoid it. 
I shop here https://www.lazada.com.ph/     https://shopee.ph/    $1 = 51 PHP

21 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Any other suggestions around $80 or  4000PHP PSU? I'm not sure about the gigabyte because of lack in popularity and some people saying to avoid it. 
I shop here https://www.lazada.com.ph/     https://shopee.ph/    $1 = 51 PHP

How much better is the Gigabyte G750H compared to the Corsair CX650M? if not by much I'll take it. If you're worried about the price $80 is actually average decent PSU pricing in my place. The EVGA 650W Gold or something is a really nice PSU too only around $88 but in my place the price is $120

18 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

honestly in a normal market it should be around 40-50

it looks like corsair cx is the best in your pricerange from a quick look, but do look if you can find anything else

1 minute ago, Tenma White said:

How much better is the Gigabyte G750H compared to the Corsair CX650M? if not by much I'll take it

it's not hugely, the main difference being the topology. as cxm is a double forward it can start whining on higher end cards, which can be annoying, but not dangerous. the cxm would technically do just fine nonetheless, but I'd take cx over it

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

honestly in a normal market it should be around 40-50

it looks like corsair cx is the best in your pricerange from a quick look, but do look if you can find anything else

$50 wth???? 

Just now, Tenma White said:

$50 wth???? 

cxm still uses the same platform used in the 2012/green cx/cxm 750w+

i think there should be a price difference between the cx and the cxm, as cx has shown to be better

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

cxm still uses the same platform used in the 2012/green cx/cxm 750w+

i think there should be a price difference between the cx and the cxm, as cx has shown to be better

sadly I can't find any CX also why do you think some people are saying that the Gigabyte G750H is bad? what is it's MSRP?

why do you think some people are saying that the Gigabyte G750H is bad?

because some people get so called "lemons". consumers don't have the tech to properly test PSUs, a good reviewer does.

sadly I can't find any CX

i can: https://shopee.ph/Corsair-CX-Series-80-Bronze-i.88635326.3903084812

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that's $107 750W though. The 650W would probably be cheaper but they have no stock.

Gigabyte G750H for $85. Worth it or not? If it's actually good and would like last me 3-5 years then I wouldn't mind waiting 1 month for it. I only got a little bit worried because #1 It doesn't seem like a PSU many people use and  #2 I've read some people hating on it.

Any info/review about the riotoro builder edition 600w? Should i get it over a deepcool dq550st? The riotoro is 18$ cheaper but it isn't on the tier list. Jonnyguru reviewed the 500w one and gave it a pretty good score.