Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Only Aris received "faulty" units or other reviewers as well?

Because the full load RPM is kinda high in comparison to the 2018 one.

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/netzteile/55802-corsair-rm850x-im-test-version-2021-nun-mit-neuem-luefter-und-alten-staerken.html?start=2 (German review, Google translate will Help)

Or the RPM in this review https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/corsair_rmx_2021_550_750_1000/s08.php

Anyway, if the new test prove that the noise output is as good as the old revision, this might be my new PSU.

 

Thanks for all the answers so far 😀

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RAZ0RLIGHT said:

Only Aris received "faulty" units or other reviewers as well?

Because the full load RPM is kinda high in comparison to the 2018 one.

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/netzteile/55802-corsair-rm850x-im-test-version-2021-nun-mit-neuem-luefter-und-alten-staerken.html?start=2 (German review, Google translate will Help)

Or the RPM in this review https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/corsair_rmx_2021_550_750_1000/s08.php

Anyway, if the new test prove that the noise output is as good as the old revision, this might be my new PSU.

 

Thanks for all the answers so far 😀

 

 

 

 

All of the review units came from the same PVT run and therefore have the louder fan profile.  Only Aris is getting a replacement because he has the most appropriate testing methodology and it will be updated on Cybenetics.

 

But if other reviewers ask for another sample, they can have one too.

PS:  This should have been it's own thread.

PSS:  If you don't quote people, they don't know you're talking to them.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to buy a new PSU and i looked through the tier list but didn't really find something at first. Now i'm looking to buy the Corsair RM550x 2018.

Is that a good choice or is there something better for 550w?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Calabask said:

Where does this PSU rank in the tier list? I don't see an entry for it.

Tier D, there were problems with high ripple on it IIRC but the review is quite old and perhaps that was already been fixed.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

PSS:  If you don't quote people, they don't know you're talking to them.

Sorry but there are alot of forums which don't like quotes when the post you are referring to, is right above the one you are writing.

Anyway, thanks for all the info, can't wait for the updated review 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RAZ0RLIGHT said:

Sorry but there are alot of forums which don't like quotes when the post you are referring to, is right above the one you are writing.

 

This is not one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, fellas. I just wanted to ask, does the RMx(black) have the same build quality as the RMx(white)? I noticed that in Tier A RMx(white) was typed out so that got me wondering if the RMx(black) has the same build quality as an RMx(white).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ricardo Harrow said:

Hi, fellas. I just wanted to ask, does the RMx(black) have the same build quality as the RMx(white)? I noticed that in Tier A RMx(white) was typed out so that got me wondering if the RMx(black) has the same build quality as an RMx(white).

Yes, they just typed "(white)" to include the white version as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, boghubodaghi said:

Efficiency does not imply quality. 

Yes of course, I only wanted to understand how this list is made, because cybenetics does stress the PSUs the way they are advertised to be (and review everything on it).

 

There are other power supplies with like 650w / 750w bronze rating that are not the best, but did pass cybenetics tests (and Teclabs stress test) and are recommended for only iGPU systems on this list, how this conclusion was achieved?

 

I know PSU are much harder to review and tier, but this list is already a reference on the internet.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Takx said:

I only wanted to understand how this list is made

Our methodology is readily available in the spreadsheet link to which you can find in the OP. In short, PSUs that ended up in tier D are likely group regulated which translates to poor voltage regulation under crossload scenarios which will be exaggerated even further under transient load scenarios (such as gaming on modern high power GPUs). Although, out of these, ones that were reviewed by Aris (Cybenetics chief EE) and performed better than on average for the class, would likely to receive white color highlighting.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quartz11 said:

Where would this Spire Eagleforce fit on the list:

https://www.techpowerup.com/280922/spire-announces-eagleforce-80-plus-certified-power-supplies

 

"Housed in cool black powdered coated enclosures and backed by 2 years manufacturer warranty."

 

(Just linking for some laughs.)

Spire?  They're still around?  SPIRE????

 

Based in the Netherlands?

 

This sounds like the same story as Chieftec and Aerocool where suffering Asian companies are bought by their former EU distributors so they can continue to offer cheap garbage to their existing customers.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should i assume an "Integra M" wont be enough for a 3080/3090 stock even with 3x pcie 8pin? (750w)

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 1700 at 3.8GHz/1.3vMasterLiquid ML360R RGB | PNY Geforce RTX 2080 Super OC 8GB Gaming | Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 (2x 8GB) 3000 MHz | Fractal Design 750w Integra M | Intel 600p - 256 GB (M.2) | Samsung EVO 850 - 500 GB | Samsung EVO Pro 850 - 250 GB Fractal Design R6 Black (Silent) | 3x FractalDesign Dynamic X2 GW-14 & 3x CoolerMaster 120mm "RGB"

Display(s):  Samsung Oddesy G7 240hz/1ms, ACER Predator XB271H A 144hz/1ms. (Yeah i sold the Philips 273ELH to a friend XD)

Car(s): Volvo V70 D3 2016

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 10:28 AM, MultiGamerClub said:

Should i assume an "Integra M" wont be enough for a 3080/3090 stock even with 3x pcie 8pin? (750w)

using a Tier C PSU that has knocks on it with a GPU that expensive sounds like a foolish choice.  Seek a better PSU, do yourself a favor.  Simply because it has the cables doesn't make the unit ideal or perfect to power a very high-end modern Graphics Card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

using a Tier C PSU that has knocks on it with a GPU that expensive sounds like a foolish choice.  Seek a better PSU, do yourself a favor.  Simply because it has the cables doesn't make the unit ideal or perfect to power a very high-end modern Graphics Card.

Knowing it supports 3x8 pins was all it had to do for me lol

 

Never heard of this tier system since i got here, worked with 2x1070 SLI back in the day on another motherboard, figured it would do for a 3090 that i wont oc 🙂

 

Oh well, time to save up for 10 months and pray i find a 3090 that doesnt need RMA in 2 months 🙂

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 1700 at 3.8GHz/1.3vMasterLiquid ML360R RGB | PNY Geforce RTX 2080 Super OC 8GB Gaming | Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 (2x 8GB) 3000 MHz | Fractal Design 750w Integra M | Intel 600p - 256 GB (M.2) | Samsung EVO 850 - 500 GB | Samsung EVO Pro 850 - 250 GB Fractal Design R6 Black (Silent) | 3x FractalDesign Dynamic X2 GW-14 & 3x CoolerMaster 120mm "RGB"

Display(s):  Samsung Oddesy G7 240hz/1ms, ACER Predator XB271H A 144hz/1ms. (Yeah i sold the Philips 273ELH to a friend XD)

Car(s): Volvo V70 D3 2016

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm building a future proof-ish mid range gaming PC, but my issue is PSU, right now I'm aiming for the Corsair RM650 80+ Gold, I found it for 210 USD taxes + shipping included, Is that a good price to get it for, or are there other alternatives.

 

The build so far:

 

CPU: 3400g (in terms of processing power this is more than enough for gaming, it won't bottleneck any mid range GPUs, and the VEGA 11 afaik is the best iGPU so far)

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x 8Gb 3200MHz

MBD: Asus Prime B550M-K

SSD: Crucial MX500 1Tb

Case: Cougar MG 120G (cheap case, with 3.5in bay, so even a non modular PSU won't mess up the aesthetics) 

 

Getting a GPU right now is crazy, I was hoping to get a 3060Ti or a 3060, but the ones I found go for around 1000 USD. Until the prices go down, I'll settle for Vega 11.

 

Any feedback is welcome.

 

Thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slacklord said:

I'm building a future proof-ish mid range gaming PC, but my issue is PSU, right now I'm aiming for the Corsair RM650 80+ Gold, I found it for 210 USD taxes + shipping included, Is that a good price to get it for, or are there other alternatives.

 

Any feedback is welcome.

 

See pinned message at the top:  "For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, --SID-- said:

Opened up a Seasonic B12 BC-550

Yeah ... Such Seasonic, much quality ! I guess Aris ain't getting any review samples of this thing because i don't think he'll say good things about it ... The OEM is Helly Technology, parent of 1st Player, this platform is used in their Armour (AR) series we don't have any reviews on either. So, eternal low priority subtier here.

PS: Can you make a picture of supervisor IC (it looks like it's in the top right corner of the first photo, second IC from the top with kinda star logo on it, right beside the inductor, or possibly the one right in the center below blue Asia'x cap, partially covered in putty), and DC-DC controllers (topmost chip on DC-DC daugtherboards).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juular said:

Yeah ... Such Seasonic, much quality ! I guess Aris ain't getting any review samples of this thing because i don't think he'll say good things about it ... The OEM is Helly Technology, parent of 1st Player, this platform is used in their Armour (AR) series we don't have any reviews on either. So, eternal low priority subtier here.

PS: Can you make a picture of supervisor IC (it looks like it's in the top right corner of the first photo, second IC from the top with kinda star logo on it, right beside the inductor, or possibly the one right in the center below blue Asia'x cap, partially covered in putty), and DC-DC controllers (topmost chip on DC-DC daugtherboards).

It doesn't even look like platform made by Seasonic itself. For example S12III and A12 looks much different inside, all capacitors are Teapo:
https://ithardware.pl/testyirecenzje/test_zasilacza_seasonic_s12iii_500_w_lider_klasy_budzetowej-11808-4.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sapphiree said:

S12III and A12 looks much different inside, all capacitors are Teapo:
https://ithardware.pl/testyirecenzje/test_zasilacza_seasonic_s12iii_500_w_lider_klasy_budzetowej-11808-4.html

and even that thing isn't a Seasonic design... it's RSY

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×