Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

3 hours ago, AktD said:

It doesn't have OTP

They're said on the contrary when we contacted them.

3 hours ago, AktD said:

Is the SilentiumPC FM2 good for a ryzen 3600 with a 3070/6800(depending on which one gets delivered first)? Thanks!!

We don't know, there were some reports about their susceptibility to tripping with high transient power draw GPUs and there are no data on this for RX6800 yet, it's probably fine for RTX3070 tho if you really can't get something more robust.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

They're said on the contrary when we contacted them.

We don't know, there were some reports about their susceptibility to tripping with high transient power draw GPUs and there are no data on this for RX6800 yet, it's probably fine for RTX3070 tho if you really can't get something more robust.

Is the power draw different from AMD to Nvidia in terms of exactly how they get the power? I'm asking because SelentiumPC recommend the 750W variant on their youtube channel for the 3080 which draws more power than the 6800/3070. 

There really isn't anything close to the Supremo FM2 when it comes to pricing. The closest Corsair/Seasonic A-tier is 70$ more. There are some B and C tier variants at this price. I could maybe get an ADATA XPG CORE REACTOR 750W. It's 35$ more. Is that worth the extra 35? I don't see many people recommending that specific model around here.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, AktD said:

There really isn't anything close to the Supremo FM2 when it comes to pricing. The closest Corsair/Seasonic A-tier is 70$ more. There are some B and C tier variants at this price. I could maybe get an ADATA XPG CORE REACTOR 750W. It's 35$ more. Is that worth the extra 35? I don't see many people recommending that specific model around here.

No Bitfenix either ? Fine, if you have RTX3070 on hand and you'll be able to test it out and return if it isn't working properly - go for it.

13 minutes ago, Juular said:

No Bitfenix either ? Fine, if you have RTX3070 on hand and you'll be able to test it out and return if it isn't working properly - go for it.

Nope, No Bitfenix, searched for it now. I'm in Eastern Europe, probably that's why the SilentiumPC is cheaper than everything else around here. I'm still waiting for my 3070 to arrive, if I had it I would have already tested it on my Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze. So I'll just go for the Supremo FM2 and test it when the card arrives. Are there any specific tests I should do? 

EDIT : Found a Super Flower Leadex III Gold, 80+ Gold, 750W. Is this a solid choice? The price is like 10$ more than the Supremo FM2. 

Edited by AktD
Found something I wanted to share
4 hours ago, AktD said:

Nope, No Bitfenix, searched for it now. I'm in Eastern Europe, probably that's why the SilentiumPC is cheaper than everything else around here. I'm still waiting for my 3070 to arrive, if I had it I would have already tested it on my Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze. So I'll just go for the Supremo FM2 and test it when the card arrives. Are there any specific tests I should do? 

EDIT : Found a Super Flower Leadex III Gold, 80+ Gold, 750W. Is this a solid choice? The price is like 10$ more than the Supremo FM2. 

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

6 hours ago, AktD said:

Found a Super Flower Leadex III Gold, 80+ Gold, 750W. Is this a solid choice? The price is like 10$ more than the Supremo FM2. 

Yes.

Seasonic s12iii 80 plus bronze 550 watts or Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 80 plus gold 650 watts?

This is a problems with UVP of PSU, for example S12II ss520gb 

I have this problem with a my house has a problem with fusible, then the electrical company fix the fusible, i have not any more problem with sound, i use my pc for a mounth with s12ii, 0 problems

I have Corsair CX550M 80 plus bronze, i have problems with a cooler sound, and i have ticking noise for a day, then the sound was going, two and once times on week my pc turned off, the same with EVGA 500 W1 80 plus white with Intel Pentium G3260, Nvidia GTX 1050 ASUS DUAL OC 2GB DDR5 128 bits, 1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM, Generic Case, Intel Cooler Stock, Gigabyte H81M-H LGA 1150, 6GB DDR3 1333 mhz Kingston.

I have Thermaltake TR2 600 the worst psu i have, before burn my hardware i seller and i buy EVGA 600B, for psu tier list in this web and bad experiences with psu.

My EVGA 600B has coil whine with GTX 960 Strix ASUS OC 2GB GDDR5 128 Bits the same with Corsair CX550M and S12II.

The CX550M burn one of my ram sotcket, one day then the electrical storm, i conneted my pc, i have not video and i have bucle of turned off, i tried of pieces of hardware, i have reset the bios battery or clock battery, i have video but i have the bucle, the fix is a change of rams of socket, i tried memtest86 of one sotcket 0 problems, my mother was death the motherboard has 3 years of use.

I have two computers with 5 and 7 years of use, i never had anything problems, i have swollen capacitors on my pc of 7 years why i have a generic psu is a biswal 450 watts with Intel Core 2 Duo E4500, MSI LGA 775, Nvidia 9400 GT XFX 512 MB DDR2 128 bits passive, the same case, intel cooler stock, 250 gb hdd samsung, 3gb ddr2 800 mhz memox and kingston dual channel, windows xp sp3 32 bits and other was Intel Core i3 530 LGA 1156, mother Intel DH55PJ, 4GB DDR3 1333 mhz Kingston, Nvidia 9600 GSO 512 EVGA 1,5 GB DDR2 800 mhz, Sentey Case, Intel Cooler Stock, 500 GB HD Samsung 7200 RPM, Sentey P4 600 Watts generic psu with the case, i have problems with the gpu cooler when power off my pc. With this pc i use for 6 years, i have any 0 problems, the temps are 70 º C in my cpu, in Core 2 Duo max temps was 60 º C.

20 minutes ago, siggames said:

Seasonic s12iii 80 plus bronze 550 watts or Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 80 plus gold 650 watts?

a) There's not enough information here to give a proper recommendation. Ideally you'd want the latter.

b) This is a thread for discussing the tier list. Please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

Hi ^^. Im buying a Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W for a RTX 3080, or a 3080ti/super if I wait enough (perhaps AMD... we´ll see). I know 850W could be overkill, but I preffer it like that

The question is; I know GF1 "no RGB" and ARGB are made by different manufacturers (I´ve searched the thread before asking), but... are they really the same tier and the best unit? Both?

Im gonna buy a non RGB and dont want to think I bough a worse one. Im not interested on RGB, just long-term work

I found CWT as the non RGB manufacturer, but not for the ARGB

So... that´s it; are them both the same quality, tier, etc?

Thanks ^^

EDIT: By the way; ProfesionalReview, an spanish website, did a review of the 650W non RGB version (I guess the results, the quality, apply for the 850W too) and they liked it a lot; really intelligent fan, really little curly, quite good hold-up time...

6 hours ago, kelalo said:

The question is; I know GF1 "no RGB" and ARGB are made by different manufacturers (I´ve searched the thread before asking), but... are they really the same tier and the best unit? Both?

No, they're identical, it's GX1 that are different.

8 hours ago, kelalo said:

EDIT: By the way; ProfesionalReview, an spanish website, did a review of the 650W non RGB version (I guess the results, the quality, apply for the 850W too) and they liked it a lot; really intelligent fan, really little curly, quite good hold-up time...

they used Cybenetics data for that btw, the person that made the review (breixobaloca) works with us

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

they used Cybenetics data for that btw, the person that made the review (breixobaloca) works with us

That's great to know! I knew about the Cybernetics thing (they dont hide it ^^), but did not know that breixobaloca works with you ^^

4 hours ago, Juular said:

No, they're identical, it's GX1 that are different.

Thank you! ^^

1 hour ago, doubleflower said:

Are there any difference between the Cougar GX-F and the GX-F Aurum?  Which tier this unit should belong to?

Looks like the 'Aurum' thing just refers to the golden color of the PSU casing, nothing else, no difference. If you look at the tier list GX-F Aurum is in the same tier as regular GX-F.

2 hours ago, Juular said:

Looks like the 'Aurum' thing just refers to the golden color of the PSU casing, nothing else, no difference. If you look at the tier list GX-F Aurum is in the same tier as regular GX-F.

Actually, according to Cougar's website, the Aurum has a fanless mode, while the regular GX-F doesn't :

spacer.png
spacer.png
The big problem with the Aurum is that there isn't any reliable review of this power supply (the only review was done with a unit that - apparently - arrived with a dead fan controller)

The PSU Red Dragon RPGS GC-PS001 500 or 600 Watts 80 plus bronze, what tier is it on this psu tier list?

The page in spanish, la pagina esta en español, i am not found the page in english of course use the google traductor or see you speak spanish, no encontre la pagina en ingles, asi que usen el traductor de google o leanla el que sepa el idioma español

Que tal es esta fuente, es buena o no? This psu is a good or bad psu?

https://redragonla.com/producto/fuentes/gc-ps001-power-supply/

I see now that Be Quiet Pure Power 11 300W is not ranked as high as the other Pure Power 11, Either that was not the case when i Looked at it when I bought a PSU for my NAS, or I saw wrong.
Dont seem like the best choice of PSU 🙁

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

42 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I see now that Be Quiet Pure Power 11 300W is not ranked as high as the other Pure Power 11, Either that was not the case when i Looked at it when I bought a PSU for my NAS, or I saw wrong.
Dont seem like the best choice of PSU 🙁

Well, it's okay for NAS, but yeah, it's been in tier D for a while now, it's group regulated in contrast with 400W+ versions.

50 minutes ago, Juular said:

Well, it's okay for NAS, but yeah, it's been in tier D for a while now, it's group regulated in contrast with 400W+ versions.

Hopefully it will last a long time when my NAS dont even draw 100W at max. Would have gotten the 400W version if I knew that tho, might have just missed it when I was looking, it was 1,5 years ago ish.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

5 hours ago, siggames said:

The PSU Red Dragon RPGS GC-PS001 500 or 600 Watts 80 plus bronze, what tier is it on this psu tier list?

The page in spanish, la pagina esta en español, i am not found the page in english of course use the google traductor or see you speak spanish, no encontre la pagina en ingles, asi que usen el traductor de google o leanla el que sepa el idioma español

Que tal es esta fuente, es buena o no? This psu is a good or bad psu?

https://redragonla.com/producto/fuentes/gc-ps001-power-supply/

You know it's a lower quality PSU when they don't even list the protections. I can't even find any additional info on this PSU other than whats on the store page. I'd avoid it and find something that at least has reviews if you need a PSU.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: Asus Dual OC 2080  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Acer XG270HU (27" 1440p 144hz TN), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

Which tier should this unit be on?

SEGOTEP AP650W

For some reason I think this is a Tier C/D unit at best 🤔

@Juular @LukeSavenije

Also another question, is the CX-M (grey labelled) a Tier B unit or something else?

Hi folks,

can I get your advise between these two units:

1. be quiet! Pure power 11 650W CM
  2. EVGA 650 GQ

I am leaning towards the evga as up to 40% utilization it is fanless, however the be quiet has 12V multi-rail operation.

Pricing is very similar, they have 3 Euro difference. Both come with 5 year warranty.

To be used on x470 MB with AMD ryzen 3700x or 3900x CPU (headless server).

Any advice?