[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

15 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Ignore the Lambda rating, look at the fan RPM and noise levels in the report itself. Iirc, the Straight Power 11 is fairly quiet at low-medium loads, but gets louder than e.g. the RMx at higher loads.

I guess my 8600k & GTX 1070 aren't pushing it too heavily then, as I haven't personally heard it making any noise besides the rattle.

Still I think I would prefer a quieter PSU at these mid-higher loads, and one that actually stops the fan at low loads, which the Straight Power doesn't do.  The Superflower Leadex III looks interesting.

9 hours ago, Juular said:

Thank you! I also found this review and it seems it's kind of impressive in terms of price per performance:

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9336/gamdias-kratos-p1-750w-gold-atx-power-supply-review/amp.html

7 minutes ago, SevenSonics said:

Thank you! I also found this review and it seems it's kind of impressive in terms of price per performance:

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9336/gamdias-kratos-p1-750w-gold-atx-power-supply-review/amp.html

That's ... not a review tho. But it indeed should be rather good.

Here are reviews for the platform it's based on :

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2017/03/20/andyson-h6-800w-power-supply/

https://www.f14lab.com/2018/05/review-andyson-gx600-600w.html

https://www.f14lab.com/2017/05/review-andyson-h6-600w.html

There may be some differences obviously like worse capacitors, lower rated MOSFETs but as budget option it should be good regardless if you can't find smth with more reviews on it for the same price.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Hello,

What are the differences between Superflower Leadex Gold II 650w and III 650w?

I am looking forward to buying one of those for a Vega 64 build

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, MIkoverni said:

What are the differences between Superflower Leadex Gold II 650w and III 650w?

design layout is a bit different, as well as the fan curve being less aggressive on higher loads for iii

essentially, leadex ii is an EVGA g2, while iii is closer, but a better version of G3

Hello people, i've built this system in nov 2019 and i'm not that happy/feel safe with my psu. And i want to change it. I have a very good deal on Bequiet pure power 11 cm 400w but i'm not sure that if its enough. bequiet calculator recommends this as a best choice psu. these are my other alternatives;

Sirtec/High Power Performance GD 600w 80+gold (exactly the same price with the bequiet, couldn't find any reviews)

XPG core reactor 650-750w (%50 more expensive,than the bq and the hp one)

Corsair RM750 (same price as the xpg)

full modularity is not necessary, im ok with the semi modular psus, which one should i get?

my specs

i5 9500

Z390 UD

8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX3000mhz x2

Sapphire nitro+ rx580 special edition

Samsung 860evo 250gb - sandisk ultra3d 500gb

Corsair vs550 black&white 2017 version

@kkeinz HP Performance GD is Chieftec Polaris platform so look at it's reviews. Not sure if it's better than bq! PP11 tho. And XPG Reactor would better option than Corsair RM and both other options but it probably doesn't worth it, not with this GPU at least.

5 minutes ago, Juular said:

@kkeinz HP Performance GD is Chieftec Polaris platform so look at it's reviews. Not sure if it's better than bq! PP11 tho. And XPG Reactor would better option than Corsair RM and both other options but it probably doesn't worth it, not with this GPU at least.

thank you for your answer. will bequiet 400w will be enough for the system? at the same price would you choose high power(2yrs warranty) or be quiet(5yrs warranty).

Can you please tell me tier of Hydro 700? 
I am living in Turkey where there is no available good tier PSU. So my only options are Hydro 700 and Corsair Builder Series VS650. 

https://www.fsplifestyle.com/en/product/Hydro700w.html

I know it is Turkish but I filtered by my budget from Turkish store. These are the links. Chrome translate is working perfectly. Can you please help me to choose which one is worth considering?

https://www.n11.com/bilgisayar/bilgisayar-bilesenleri/guc-kaynagi?q=psu&srt=REVIEWS&minp=350.00&maxp=650.00&mgpn=90&cikisgucuwatt=650+Watt-700+Watt

https://www.hepsiburada.com/power-supply-psu-c-1012?filtreler=powersupply:650€20W,700€20W;fiyat:min-650&siralama=coksatan

Ryzen 5 3600X

Tomahawk Max

Sapphire Pulse 5700XT

@semiramist High Power Performance GD 600W

or be quiet! Pure Power 11 400W, just as ...

@kkeinz Yes, 400W is enough. Technically HP Performance GD would be a bit better than bq! Pure Power 10\11 but if you live in EU i'd probably say go for be quiet! since i imagine it should have better support there than High Power, otherwise get Performance GD.

1 hour ago, Juular said:

@semiramist High Power Performance GD 600W

or be quiet! Pure Power 11 400W, just as ...

@kkeinz Yes, 400W is enough. Technically HP Performance GD would be a bit better than bq! Pure Power 10\11 but if you live in EU i'd probably say go for be quiet! since i imagine it should have better support there than High Power, otherwise get Performance GD.

Thanks for your answer and your time. I wanted to buy High Power Performance GD but I couldn't find any trusted seller. You know, because of the current pandemic, there is huge problem in logistics. This makes the refund process very difficult if I have a problem with product. Can you tell me the tier of Hydro 700? Can hydro 700 can damage my pc somehow?  

Lets say High Power Performance GD is working with 90% efficiency with all load status. 600 * 0.9 = 540 watt.

Lets say FSP Hydro 700 is working with 80% efficiency with all load status. 700 * 0.8 = 560 watt

Cant we say, hydro 700 can provide more power regardless of electricity bill?

This is my first time for building PC, so I am trying understand logic behind. Everyone says in Turkish forums that fps hydro 700 is a good PSU but I think they just talk without knowledge so I wanted to be sure.

I already ordered Hydro 700 before I sign up this forum. I wanted to cancel my order after your message but they already shipped the product. 

7 minutes ago, semiramist said:

Can you tell me the tier of Hydro 700?

It's tier D, group regulated. Shouldn't damage anything but it's not a good choice for RX5700XT by any means.

Your PC would pull just about 300W, you don't need more. And at this load modern 80+ Gold LLC resonant PSU like HD Performance GD would be more efficient than old group regulated PSU like FSP Hydro, but the difference would be rather minuscule anyway. Neither power rating nor efficiency are metrics of PSU performance.

Can you perhaps find a trusted seller for be quiet! Pure Power 11 400W+ (CM or not) ?

1 hour ago, Juular said:

It's tier D, group regulated. Shouldn't damage anything but it's not a good choice for RX5700XT by any means.

Your PC would pull just about 300W, you don't need more. And at this load modern 80+ Gold LLC resonant PSU like HD Performance GD would be more efficient than old group regulated PSU like FSP Hydro, but the difference would be rather minuscule anyway. Neither power rating nor efficiency are metrics of PSU performance.

Can you perhaps find a trusted seller for be quiet! Pure Power 11 400W+ (CM or not) ?

I took the risk and bought Performance GD from that seller. Thanks for your help.

12 hours ago, Juular said:

I did get the bequiet, thank you so much for your help.

@LukeSavenije and everyone else 

I have talked to a german hardwareretailer that heart from SilentiumPC directly that their Supremo PSUs don’t have OTP.

So, ether they don’t know what is inside their PSUs or the PSUs don’t deserve an A Rank, right?

Id like to hear your thoughts on that.

35 minutes ago, LuisS said:

I have talked to a german hardwareretailer that heart from SilentiumPC directly that their Supremo PSUs don’t have OTP.

So, ether they don’t know what is inside their PSUs or the PSUs don’t deserve an A Rank, right?

Id like to hear your thoughts on that.

We talked too, they say that Supremo FM2 does and L2/M2 don't, thus we're moving latter to tier B in next revision.

18 minutes ago, Juular said:

We talked too, they say that Supremo FM2 does and L2/M2 don't, thus we're moving latter to tier B in next revision.

Ah, okay thanks!

Can you recommend a well-priced PSU around 600W, 80+ Gold and (semi-)modular?

I was thinking about the SPC Supremo M2 550W or the Kolink Enclave 600W.

Which one should I get? Or are there better options for a similar price?

2 minutes ago, LuisS said:

SPC Supremo M2 550W or the Kolink Enclave 600W.

Kolink Enclave should be a bit better, mainly because it's confirmed that it has OTP.

3 minutes ago, LuisS said:

Or are there better options for a similar price?

Probably, i don't know where are you buying from.

8 minutes ago, Juular said:

Probably, i don't know where are you buying from.

Basically from any retailer that ships to me (Germany) mainly Amazon(DE), Mindfactory(DE) and HardwareRat(DE). But i would buy from every trustworthy seller that ships to me.

3 minutes ago, LuisS said:

Basically from any retailer that ships to me (Germany) mainly Amazon(DE), Mindfactory(DE) and HardwareRat(DE).

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/Y3bCmG/phanteks-amp-550-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ph-p550g_us01

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/3H2bt6/seasonic-focus-550-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-550

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/B8RFf7/bitfenix-formula-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-atx-power-supply-bp-fm650ulag-7r

Probably not cheaper but as far as i see there's only about 10 EUR difference with the PSUs you were planning to get and it worth it, with GTX1080 especially.

15 minutes ago, Juular said:

What about the SPC SUPREMO FM2 650W? You said it should have OTP so it sould be a good choice too, right?

What about the SPC SUPREMO FM2 650W? You said it should have OTP so it sould be a good choice too, right?

It's fine, if cheaper than those options i've mentioned.

24 minutes ago, Juular said:

It's fine, if cheaper than those options i've mentioned.

About the same price as the Bitfinix Formula. The other ones are 10 € more. And with 650 W I would be in a better position efficiency ways and with the fannoise.

About the same price as the Bitfinix Formula. The other ones are 10 € more. And with 650 W I would be in a better position efficiency ways and with the fannoise.

Get Formula then, it's a very good PSU, there are more reviews on it than on all PSUs based on platform behind SPC Supremo, and it's very quiet, it can't get much quieter than that.

GByq4xZ6HwKDE9MYfGg9ue-650-80.jpg

https://tpucdn.com/review/bitfenix-bf750f/images/cl_fan.jpg