[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

22 minutes ago, Juular said:

@RyzillaIt's just a rebranded Seasonic Prime TX. With 'whatever nextgen' GPU in mind i'd rather suggest to look at something else as this platform has problems with transient-heavy GPUs and next generation GPUs may be even more power hungry. Not to mention that 277$ for a 1kW unit doesn't sound like a very good deal to start with. You got EVGA G6, Corsair RM-x and Corsair HX for way cheaper.

@Juular

Right but not in titanium... which is what i was looking at... I heard superflower is really good, do you think that would be good in platinum... IDK i just want to be able to upgrade my gpu and cpu which is why i was looking at 1000 but if you think 850 would work or  I would be ok with GOLD my options would be far more affordable I leave my pc on a lot.. and in one of my  discord they recommended titanium just because of the 90 percent efficiency at 10 percent. and from what i seen. super flower is affordable as well as the corsair and evga once you down to gold and plat levels. like if I went down to GOLD right now the Super flower is by far the most affordable

image.png.f09b8ea7fa98cc7d5002165973391a2c.png

On 8/13/2021 at 2:49 PM, jonnyGURU said:

It still sound ludicrous.  Again, you have to realize the big picture.  Corsair isn't making more or less money based on WHO is buying the product.  And as it is, the component shortages you're hearing about all over the news impacts PSU manufacturers as well.  Take the HX, for example.  We can't keep them in stock, not because of scalpers, but because we can't get enough of the Infineon PWM MOSFETs to build supply.  Sure, there's a Vishay part that looks to be the same on paper, but we tested it and disqualified it because they failed and wanted to avoid a Gigabyte situation.   If we could build 3x the product, we would be able to sell 3x the product.

I flew off the handle.  Yeah.  Sorry about that. But just the thought of any company even "welcoming", "supporting" or "appreciating" scalping just blows me away. 

Meh its all good, you know I respect your style. 

This is a fine looking PSU here, my first Corsair.  Its upgrading an Enermax 850 Revolution from 2009.  That is still going strong but I'm moving it to a secondary retro machine and I was not willing to give up having separate rails so I waited.

I would like to see some of those gallium nitride components work their way down the chain but I need to control my PSUs independently of software and the hx1200 looked like the best option for my Linux frankenbox.

Joseph

Hi I reasently bought a p1000gm from gigabyte, it was one of the cheaperonces,i didnt do much research into apus before buying.  im worried that the 1000w model also has problems like 750 and 850. doesanyone know if thios is the case? im not getting a refund, but i dont trust gigabyte anymore. so have sombody opened a p1000gm and looked at the components do they use the same? i dont want to burn down my house or destroy my computer. 

Just now, cheatpnz said:

Hi I reasently bought a p1000gm from gigabyte, it was one of the cheaperonces,i didnt do much research into apus before buying.  im worried that the 1000w model also has problems like 750 and 850. doesanyone know if thios is the case? im not getting a refund, but i dont trust gigabyte anymore. so have sombody opened a p1000gm and looked at the components do they use the same? i dont want to burn down my house or destroy my computer. 

I  always went for corrsair before. no problems

18 hours ago, cheatpnz said:

There's only one review so far, FETs are different but it's not conclusive if it doesn't have problems 750\850W has.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

super flower leadex platinum se 1000w is $200AUD

Is this a good buy? I know it is in the A tier but its grey out...?

3 hours ago, maka0 said:

but its grey out...?

SE isn't. Because OTP isn't claimed for non-SE but we hope that it's there hence it's still tier A but low priority subtier. OTP is claimed for SE tho so it's separate. Although there are no reviews on it so it's hard to say how it's different exactly, if it's cheap for 1kW then it's probably fine.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:41 AM, IIIIIIIIII said:

CoolerMaster V750 V2 review

Overall it looks great. 

Worried about the OEM, but...

kCfzcBWaXHmJ5vJh3jAAi6-970-80.png

een4Lqp5AuGumYCxdHhnd8-970-80.png

Looks like the new MSI units but they are HEC I believe.  Never heard of Gospower OEM before.

Ryzen 5800X | 7800XT | 32GB 3600MHz Ripjaws | Superflower Leadex III 750w

17 minutes ago, Jayjr1105 said:

Looks like the new MSI units

No... Definitely Cooler Master.

17 minutes ago, Jayjr1105 said:

but they are HEC I believe.  Never heard of Gospower OEM before.

They exist. Gospower is a subsidiary of Gospell.

http://www.gospower.com/

9 minutes ago, Milanizer said:

Hey guys. Just realized cooler master launched another entry level PSU, the CM G600 Gold. https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/g-series/g600-gold/

Any chance this is good enough for intel 10400/11400 and 1660 super? There's also CX550m in a similar price range (80 USD) in my country.

Best if you make a new thread here instead of asking in this thread:

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

57 minutes ago, Milanizer said:

Hey guys. Just realized cooler master launched another entry level PSU, the CM G600 Gold.

Downgraded MWE Gold, probably isn't a bomb. Whether it's adequate for this config is up for debate, i'd suggest making a new thread too.

Question on the current Tier position or update. Re EVGA G3 - it's still being tagged as a "low priority" unit [6] Early EVGA G3 revisions had issues with out-of-spec performance under overload. @Juular you once doubted that SuperFlower is still making them, while I pondered that these may be old stock. Yet the G3 units (and even some G2) are still happily sold by Newegg. Is there any reason to consider these apparently new units (not early) as still Low Priority - those were early units out of specs, no update now I suppose? Or are we talking about OCP and OTP still too high regardless if it's newer?

Otherwise, I can understand that nothing has changed for early units, they are still out of spec and are most probably present, as used, on the market, hence the need to keep them as Low Priority?

@DarthFKWe don't know, I haven't heard a definite answer on whether EVGA somehow still produces them still (by RSY maybe) either. And i doubt that EVGA or Newegg would say something. Until then i assume that these are indeed old stock and problem may still persist.

G3 was Superflower Leadex II, one of the best JonnyGuru scores of 9.8/10(must use archive.org to find the review).  Can't imagine EVGA would chance their PSU reputation with a G3 bomb.  Just buy a Superflower Leadex III for less if you're worried about OEM, there's no question who the OEM is there.

Ryzen 5800X | 7800XT | 32GB 3600MHz Ripjaws | Superflower Leadex III 750w

Just now, Jayjr1105 said:

Can't imagine EVGA would chance their PSU reputation

They've already chanced it enough with 90% of their other lineup.