[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

58 minutes ago, ShiZo1337 said:

What psu would you suggest?

Please create your own thread with budget, country or the list of available online stores and your complete build specs. But overall probably Corsair RM-x or EVGA G6, or if you want something more high-end'ish then Corsair HX.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

5 hours ago, juanme555 said:

is this PSU truly A tier??? this is extremely cheap in my country. https://exxa.com.ar/productos/17094/

It kinda is and isn't. Almost the same as Bitfenix Whisper or Enermax Revolution DF but with three important differences.

- DBB fan on some/most batches, so it will rustle at low RPMs

- It doesn't have a semi-passive mode so it would rustle always (the version with DBB fan)

- There's no 12V OCP on GPU connectors, so it's essentially a single-rail unit in that regard, despite being essentially advertised as multi-rail (because of what's on the rails distribution label). I'm torn between detiering it to tier A low priority or just moving to single-rail because of that.

But otherwise it's a decent unit for the price it goes for as in everything else it's similar to the models i've mentioned above.

Here's a review :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbyUI-J16BY

5 hours ago, Caroline said:

it's the first time I hear about the site and I'm not sure if it's safe, I'm on a proxy but still.

LMAO, what made you believe that it's not exactly ? You afraid of cults ? We're harmless, i swear 😄 (until you say 'Seasonic is the best')

2 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Now I'm wondering if the 850w and 750w models are more quiet, hm.

The 20AWG wires in PCIe and 103% OPP are more concerning. The increased noise level is to be expected really, given it's super compact design.

1 hour ago, Dogzilla07 said:

They actually use the word "Molex" on the connectors.  😄 What do you bet they don't actually use Molex brand connectors.  Should someone inform Molex's lawyers?  😄

6 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Wow, I was not aware G.Skill had two PSU lines.

They have, or rather had four, actually.

Also, this, from that page :

image.png.dceabac5940509185ab439a24fcbf38a.png

Hi,

Please help. I might need a new 650W PSU. Wich one should I choose?

Cooler Master V650 Gold V2 - Tier A - Blue - i can get it around 100$

or

Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 650W - Tiear B - Gold - i can get it around 117$

or

CORSAIR CX Series CX650M - Tiear B - Gold - i can get it around 105$

Thanks.

5 hours ago, nGabor said:

Hi,

Please help. I might need a new 650W PSU. Wich one should I choose?

Cooler Master V650 Gold V2 - Tier A - Blue - i can get it around 100$

or

Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 650W - Tiear B - Gold - i can get it around 117$

or

CORSAIR CX Series CX650M - Tiear B - Gold - i can get it around 105$

Thanks.

for help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

2 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

for help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Ok thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

EVGA G1 650W is kind of bad, right, looking at that tier list?  Dangerously bad?   Here's its positioning in the Tier List:

"Tier D - Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems" as "EVGA ... G(1) <=750W"

But Aris' 2018 review of the 650W version here makes it look reasonably alright, so I'm confused by these mixed signals:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-g1-plus-psu,5661.html

I have an acquaintance who went with one for his new build that has an i7-12700K in it.  I should tell him to get something better ASAP, or is it fine for now until he gets a good GPU?  He's currently using an older GTX 1070.

3 hours ago, Quartz11 said:

I'm confused by these mixed signals

Because you've mixed up models. One is G1 / NEX-G, the other is G1+ / G+. Say thanks to EVGA.

1 hour ago, Juular said:

Because you've mixed up models. One is G1 / NEX-G, the other is G1+ / G+. Say thanks to EVGA.

OH!  So the review is for the PLUS version.  Ok, I'll tell my acquaintance to chuck his current PSU into a trash bin and run to get another.  It's the non-plus.

Quick question, think I'm confused. What tier is the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550w?

6 hours ago, Quartz11 said:

OH!  So the review is for the PLUS version.  Ok, I'll tell my acquaintance to chuck his current PSU into a trash bin and run to get another.  It's the non-plus.

Yeah, it's not bomb tier bad per se, but it's group regulated with lackluster crossload performance, which alone doesn't let us to move it higher than tier D. And it's like 10 years old by now, so it's time to replace it anyway.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/evga-nex750g/

5 hours ago, bwccoug said:

Quick question, think I'm confused. What tier is the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550w?

Tier A LP by current revision

18 hours ago, Juular said:

Yeah, it's not bomb tier bad per se, but it's group regulated with lackluster crossload performance, which alone doesn't let us to move it higher than tier D. And it's like 10 years old by now, so it's time to replace it anyway.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/evga-nex750g/

Tier A LP by current revision

Ok thanks, I kind of thought so because its based off the Superflower Leadex line but I wasn't sure. About to upgrade my r7 3700x to a r7 5800x and wanted to make sure it'd be stable enough with my rx 5600xt or a 6800 down the line if prices ever come down

Is there any info about the GA versions of EVGA?- i dont find them on the tier, the other option around same price in my local stores is ANTEC ne750g M wich seems to be the one on B tier. yellow label aswell, but im not sure cause there are different versions of it, i saw a "Zen" one aswell. appreciated.

40 minutes ago, Nicane said:

Is there any info about the GA versions of EVGA?- i dont find them on the tier

They're there. 

30 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

They're there. 

True. is in low priority tier B, but if is low priority then i should just avoid it and go for the ther one, I had it rough to find reviews for the ANTEC ne750g M, is the one at tier B right? because as i said in that coment there are different versions of it. is it a decent enough unit?

1 hour ago, Nicane said:

True. is in low priority tier B, but if is low priority then i should just avoid it and go for the ther one, I had it rough to find reviews for the ANTEC ne750g M, is the one at tier B right? because as i said in that coment there are different versions of it. is it a decent enough unit?

Start a new thread that includes your location and complete system specs. 

4 hours ago, Nicane said:

All relevant reviews are linked in the spreadsheet :

- EVGA GA

https://wolflsi.pixnet.net/blog/post/69260200

- Antec Neo Eco GM

https://www.gdm.or.jp/review/2021/0915/408260

They're pretty much on par with each other in a sense that there are near zero reviews on them. So it's not a good idea to put them into anything but a budget rig.

And if you want some other recommendations i gotta agree with Jon here, make a new thread.

i never asked this before but how do you guys know how good a power supply is?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

So, If I'm understanding the sheet correctly, it looks like the best value for 1000w is the Corsair rm1000x 2021? Am I reading this correctly as Tier A gold? At 189$ It looks like the best priced tier a gold psu.

5 minutes ago, pblogic said:

So, If I'm understanding the sheet correctly, it looks like the best value for 1000w is the Corsair rm1000x 2021? Am I reading this correctly as Tier A gold? At 189$ It looks like the best priced tier a gold psu.

Nevermind, just saw this list was end of life for some reason? The list over at cultists is newer, and has the EVGA G6 on there as well.