[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

1 minute ago, Juular said:

They've already chanced it enough with 90% of their other lineup.

Are you referring to all the sub supernova stuff?  GP, GR, GS, etc.

Ryzen 5800X | 7800XT | 32GB 3600MHz Ripjaws | Superflower Leadex III 750w

Just now, Jayjr1105 said:

Are you referring to all the sub supernova stuff?  GP, GR, GS, etc.

Pretty much everything recent after G2 came out. People are buying EVGA PSUs solely based on the reputation that G2 gave them. And EVGA is happy to oblige, not sending any review samples. Their PSUs don't blow-up (mostly) but that doesn't mean they're good, and no reviews to prove otherwise. With the only recent example of G6, which is Seasonic based so now people would buy all their PSUs because 'EVGA PSUs are made by Seasonic'. With the EVGA's mindset i'm very wary of recommending G3, they could be old stock, they could be made by RSY, with unknown consequences to QC, considering EVGA likely doesn't do QC on their side, they could be factory refurbished units sold as new (which is probably illegal in US but who would find out if there are no new reviews on it), or they could be made actually by Super Flower, but so far no one could confirm that EVGA is working with them again. A lot of assumptions here but that's just how you treat PSUs, guilty until proven otherwise.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Newegg seems fairly transparent with keeping the stock photos up to date with their PSU's.  For example, the Rosewill Capstone was 1st Superflower made, then Enhance made it for a while, now Andyson makes it.  Every time it changed they updated the stock photos.  And currently the EVGA G3 photo view from the back grille is 100% SF Leadex II based.

Screenshot_36.thumb.png.71fee25e1aadef91799bec1341ffd0fc.png

Ryzen 5800X | 7800XT | 32GB 3600MHz Ripjaws | Superflower Leadex III 750w

Just now, Jayjr1105 said:

Newegg seems fairly transparent with keeping the stock photos up to date with their PSU's.  For example, the Rosewill Capstone was 1st Superflower made, then Enhance made it for a while, now Andyson makes it.  Every time it changed they updated the stock photos.  And currently the EVGA G3 photo view from the back grille is 100% SF Leadex II based. 

Capstones were all different SKUs.

@Juularso i've been running this 3070 ti both in full power and undervolted and even with an rx 580 mining in the background(about 150w)(i know, miners=bad but it's free money right?) and 0 issues. soon my 5600x, b550-a pro and 2x8gb g skill ripjaws will arrive and i will test again. but so far so good. i think that maybe seasonic changed something without updating the model.

5 hours ago, seasoniclover said:

i think that maybe seasonic changed something without updating the model.

Or it's actually only Prime Titanium that's affected somehow, we still don't know for sure, data is sparse and Seasonic doesn't help really.

anyone know how to identify what year made of psu based on SKU or product serial? i'm talking about seasonic (SSR-650FM)

• 1652176521_PH-7101200656 SKU
i know how to identify corsair but seasonic i don't have any clue lol. i'm not sure if its the 2018 or 2019 - 2021 good ones.

Hello, I have a question about the Deepcool DQ750-M-V2L 750W PSU. In the website it is in tier C. But in the Google spreadsheet it is in tier A. Which one is correct? I need to know because I found a great prebuilt pc with that psu. Will it be good for rtx3070, i7 10700k. 16gb ram, 240AIO, z590 pc?

19 minutes ago, elegantbruhh said:

In the website it is in tier C. But in the Google spreadsheet it is in tier A.

Website is always correct. Forum threads are correct for now too, but i don't plan to update THW thread to the next revision, too time consuming considering that the formatting would also be different, don't know about Luke (i.e this thread). Spreadsheet is not up-to-date but we'll fix that for the next revision since most of the old and irrelevant units would be moved out from the tier list there. So tier list on the website would be shorter version of tier list in the spreadsheet only with units you can buy today.

Just now, Juular said:

Website is always correct. Forum threads are correct for now too, but i don't plan to update them to the next revision, too time consuming considering that the formatting would also be different. Spreadsheet is not up-to-date but we'll fix that for the next revision since most of the old and irrelevant units would be moved out from the tier list there. So tier list on the website would be shorter version of tier list in the spreadsheet only with units you can buy today.

That means the unit is actually tier C... Thats a shame. I found a prebuilt pc for really great price. The unit is not good for pc with rtx3070, i7 10700k. 16gb ram, 240AIO, z590 ?

4 minutes ago, Juular said:

Website is always correct. Forum threads are correct for now too, but i don't plan to update THW thread to the next revision, too time consuming considering that the formatting would also be different, don't know about Luke (i.e this thread). Spreadsheet is not up-to-date but we'll fix that for the next revision since most of the old and irrelevant units would be moved out from the tier list there. So tier list on the website would be shorter version of tier list in the spreadsheet only with units you can buy today.

The spreadsheet is correct for the unit he's mentioning :
dqmv2l.png.62c3962a5b1350127936fc74abd0f80a.png

2 minutes ago, elegantbruhh said:

The unit is not good for pc with rtx3070, i7 10700k. 16gb ram, 240AIO, z590 ?

Not that it's not good for that build, it's not good for non-220V-only mains, i.e Americas, Canada, Australia, Japan, because APFC side is a bit too weak. It would work but Jon has managed to blow up a few samples in his 90VAC burn-in tests (the reference CWT platform, not Deepcool specifically). Granted 90VAC is lower than what you'll see in these countries most of the time but voltage drops happen, and for example Japan is closer to that already since they're 100VAC.

Just now, electropical said:

The spreadsheet is correct for the unit he's mentioning :
dqmv2l.png.62c3962a5b1350127936fc74abd0f80a.png

Because i've just fixed that.

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

Not that it's not good for that build, it's not good for non-220V-only mains, i.e Americas, Canada, Australia, Japan, because APFC side is a bit too weak. It would work but Jon has managed to blow up a few samples in his 90VAC burn-in tests (the reference CWT platform, not Deepcool specifically). Granted 90VAC is lower than what you'll see in these countries most of the time but voltage drops happen, and for example Japan is closer to that already since they're 100VAC.

Because i've just fixed that.

I live in Europe and we have 220V in my country. So its ok then? Or should I just skip that build? Its a really great build for the price, but If Ill have to drop another $100-$150 for a new psu (and still keep the DQMV2L) then it isnt all that great anymore 😄

Hey guys, i just got a EVGA 1300 P+ Super nova platinum (P/N 220-99-1300-X1) for my i7 7820x - 6900xtxh asrock oc formula. Still having a number of crashes in starcraft 2. Just wondering if this psu is OK or should i look for something else?

3 minutes ago, Chris383 said:

Hey guys, i just got a EVGA 1300 P+ Super nova platinum (P/N 220-99-1300-X1) for my i7 7820x - 6900xtxh asrock oc formula. Still having a number of crashes in starcraft 2. Just wondering if this psu is OK or should i look for something else?

What do you mean by crashes? That's very unspecific. Disable any overclocks, test RAM sticks by themselves, etc etc.

Since it's an entry level and unreviewed PSU, you could try changing it for a decent one.

:)

"Starcraft2 e_gfxErrorAPIError" CTD have spent hours on this with my old psu that was fine with the old gpu (vega64LQ), (thermaltake 1200 gold) but the new gpu kept doing these errors, and then i started having other games CTD. same as starcraft 2 so i picked up this "entry level" psu for 400$ because it was only thing available at the time. now all the games i play are stable again just not starcraft2. But if this psu is known to be cheap junk like some of evga's other products then i will gladly return it and then get something that works well.

7 hours ago, elegantbruhh said:

I live in Europe and we have 220V in my country. So its ok then? Or should I just skip that build? Its a really great build for the price, but If Ill have to drop another $100-$150 for a new psu (and still keep the DQMV2L) then it isnt all that great anymore 😄

If it's a prebuilt then it's okay then, could've been worse.

5 hours ago, Chris383 said:

New thread please.

@Juular @IIIIIIIIII Cooler Master G600 review on Cybenetics:

https://www.cybenetics.com/d/cybenetics_5RV.pdf

Fractal Design ION+2 Platinum review:

https://quasarzone.com/bbs/qc_qsz/views/1165684

The FETs on the G600 is the same as the one (aka the JCS18N50FH) in the problematic P750GM 😱

Does anyone have experience with the Corsair RM1000x (2021 edition)?

My HX1000 i purchased had ridiculous coil whine, at it appears that some other users have similar issues as well. How is the "upgraded"  RMx-series in coil whine?

6 hours ago, YesThisIs said:

RMx-series in coil whine?

coil whine is random. it is not unit based. atleast between hxi and rmx.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

7 hours ago, YesThisIs said:

Does anyone have experience with the Corsair RM1000x (2021 edition)?

My HX1000 i purchased had ridiculous coil whine, at it appears that some other users have similar issues as well. How is the "upgraded"  RMx-series in coil whine?

I would say that the RMX (2021) is even more prone than the HX to have electromagnetically induced acoustic noise due to burst mode operation in the switching controller and the valley-switching technique in the standby controller. However...

53 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

coil whine is random. it is not unit based. atleast between hxi and rmx.

It is a rather random problem.