[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

2 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Got the Gamdias Krapos M1 here.  It's terrible.  Yes, we know it's DF with group regulation, but the SR uses Schottky diodes instead of MOSFETs.  Going to blow it up on the Chroma as soon as I get a chance.

still ANdyson make it like lower model Astrape ?

7 minutes ago, f14 said:

still ANdyson make it like lower model Astrape ?

Yes.  Still Andyson like Assrape.

I still dont know what you mean 

but the SR uses Schottky diodes instead of MOSFETs

Sync rectifier with schottky diodes ?  I remember in before andyson use split phase output tranformer . and one phase use mosfets and another is  schottky diode . maybe this design ?

1 hour ago, f14 said:

I still dont know what you mean 

Sync rectifier with schottky diodes ?  I remember in before andyson use split phase output tranformer . and one phase use mosfets and another is  schottky diode . maybe this design ?

Sorry. I mispoke.  There's no SR as there's no MOSFETs in play.  Just the diodes.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:00 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Talking about the newer version, that is.

I'm sure Aris will have a review or will publish his Cybenetics reports soon enough.

Wait, is there a new 2021 TX-M that I just missed?

Ryzen 5 5600 :: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC :: MSI B550-VC :: WD SN750 :: NH-D15 :: 32GB DDR4-3200 :: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG

7 hours ago, Satan_Prometheus said:

Wait, is there a new 2021 TX-M that I just missed?

Not only you, usually we've seen reviews on new Corsair PSUs before they appear in retail, this thing was out for a month or two already and there are absolutely zero reviews, smh Corsair.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

8 hours ago, Juular said:

Not only you, usually we've seen reviews on new Corsair PSUs before they appear in retail, this thing was out for a month or two already and there are absolutely zero reviews, smh Corsair.

Aris says he just got his.

Apparently, Corsair had so many launches this past month, they "forgot" to send out TX-M samples.  😞

@jonnyGURUgood to see you lurking and staying active in the PSU community

What do you think of the Rosewill Capstone M (Andyson GX platform made)

Here is a vietnamese review which google translates rather well.  I was surprised it was 100% japanese caps.  I have the Rosewill 750W version of this and was wondering if it would hold up for an RTX3080.  Perhaps better than it's C tier rating here?

https://o.voz.vn/showthread.php?t=7278813

Ryzen 5800X | 7800XT | 32GB 3600MHz Ripjaws | Superflower Leadex III 750w

12 minutes ago, Juular said:

@Jayjr1105Tiers A and B require OTP, Rosewill doesn't claim it.

Good to know.  So a C tier PSU can be a really good unit with high end components but won't make A and B tier without OTP.  Got it.

5 hours ago, Jayjr1105 said:

I was surprised it was 100% japanese caps.

Given that Japanese capacitors are actually Chinese, that shouldn't be a surprise.

1 hour ago, Jayjr1105 said:

Good to know.  So a C tier PSU can be a really good unit with high end components but won't make A and B tier without OTP.  Got it.

If a PSU doesn't have OTP then it's not a really good unit. And capacitors aren't the only components in the PSU.

What happened to the Super flower Leadex III 850w Gold? I recall seeing it as Gold colored before. 

11 minutes ago, Howardzimmerman123 said:

What happened to the Super flower Leadex III 850w Gold? I recall seeing it as Gold colored before. 

image.thumb.png.25cfe9e61be88980bd5cf1e07a874cce.png

Oh it got split into pre and post 2020, thanks. Where can I read up on how they differ based on manufacture date?

Corsair CV650 or Cooler Master MWE v2 bronze 650 or Thermaltake Smart RGB 600 or LINKWORLD LW-750B or Thermaltake Litepower RGB 650 ?

11 minutes ago, fgr1234 said:

Corsair CV650 or Cooler Master MWE v2 bronze 650 or Thermaltake Smart RGB 600 or LINKWORLD LW-750B or Thermaltake Litepower RGB 650 ?

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

does anyone tried Bitfenix Formula Gold 750w? i seen its blue highlight but only 650w it only 8 usd difference only using it for 3060ti or 3070

12 minutes ago, lCOMA said:

does anyone tried Bitfenix Formula Gold 750w? i seen its blue highlight but only 650w it only 8 usd difference only using it for 3060ti or 3070

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/bitfenix-bf750f/

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

6 hours ago, lCOMA said:

but only 650w

650W and above.

Thank you for all your hard work, I was looking at the PSU list and noticed Antec | Earthwatts [EA] Gold Pro post 2018 y. [7y warranty] [4][7] / Gold Pro White - High Current Gamer [HCG] Gold post 2018 y. [7] / Extreme post 2018 y. [7] - Signature Platinum / Titanium - Edge =>850W, the titanum 1000w is only 277 on new egg, which is by far super affordable for wattage and rating, you have the signature in GOLD... I am just skepitcal as I havent heard anything  about them, I was that way about superflower as well till everyone in my discord told me how amazing that power supply was.

would you say it is as good as the superflower titanium 850 or the plat is as good as the 1000w plat... Im just running a 6800xt and 5600x, but plan to upgrade to a 5900x at some point as well as get the next gen graphics card which is planned at about 450-500 watts which is why im looking at the 1000 watts. Im just curious the power supply and NVME is the last two things i have to get before i build.... Just curious if you could provide me a little more insight

Just get an A tier 750-850w unit.  1000 is silly for 5900X and 6800XT combined.  Next gen Nvidia cards using TSMC where current is Samsung 8nm so I'm not sure power requirements are going to go up but possibly stay the same or go down.

@RyzillaIt's just a rebranded Seasonic Prime TX. With 'whatever nextgen' GPU in mind i'd rather suggest to look at something else as this platform has problems with transient-heavy GPUs and next generation GPUs may be even more power hungry. Not to mention that 277$ for a 1kW unit doesn't sound like a very good deal to start with. You got EVGA G6, Corsair RM-x and Corsair HX for way cheaper.