[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

10 minutes ago, grmaster said:

source?

Cooler master themselves

and well... Aris' public testing if you want something more public

For this particular setup, what PSU would work best? Looking for durability + upgradeability.
I'd like to be able to upgrade to an 8-core and higher tier graphics card in the future (like next gen's equivalent to a 3070 or so)

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 17.56.59.png

8 hours ago, doubleflower said:

Seems like the Asus TUF Bronze PSU gets a teardown:

looks like a Greatwall to me... very similar to CX

13 hours ago, TacticianDaru said:

For this particular setup, what PSU would work best? Looking for durability + upgradeability.
I'd like to be able to upgrade to an 8-core and higher tier graphics card in the future (like next gen's equivalent to a 3070 or so)

This thread is for questions around the list and possible additions to it, we have a whole forum for recommendations around specific cases

14 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

This thread is for questions around the list and possible additions to it, we have a whole forum for recommendations around specific cases

My bad! I'll go post there. Thanks for the heads up.

On 1/20/2021 at 5:12 PM, Juular said:

It was in the list previously but due to complete lack of any info (on both of them actually) and confusing product shots (stuff that's visible through exhaust grille doesn't match up any SAMA platforms) it was removed. Rampage Forza stayed because exhaust grille shots at least resemble those for OEM models. If you can do some shots, even if only through the exhaust or fan grille without disassembling it for either of these PSUs that would be helpful tho.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Old PSU from a third party seller with a terrible vendor rating.  LOL!

I'm from spain, I copy the link to show the psu, I'm only say it because I see an offer here por 90€ and I dind't see it on the rank, thanks! 

Hello!

Anything important to know about the difference between these?

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1281
https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1280

I guess the difference should just be the wattage, but on the main list only the System Power 9 - 400W version is noted, and I've seen reviews of both being loud (fan), which I definitely don't want. Max power draw won't even be 300W, should I go with these be quiet! 400W/500W units or some other alternatives? If alternatives, any recommendations?

Thank you!

@DdariQNot only 400W but 400W and up, which is denoted by 'greater than or equal sign' - '=>', for tier C that it, or 350W and down for tier D. Coil whine is definitely a possibility since it's a simple double forward topology unit. As of the noise, we don't have Cybenetics data on it so it's hard to say but what i heard - it isn't very quiet indeed, but it's a very budget unit to start with.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Any other recommendations then? Or are any of these good? I just need something to quickly get my PC working again. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, DdariQ said:

Any other recommendations then? Or are any of these good? I just need something to quickly get my PC working again. Thanks. 

Cooler Master MWE V2 Bronze or White with full range input. It is usually pretty cheap.

Hello,

Need some advice for choosing PSU. My current build:

R5 1600 @ 3.7 GHz (deepcool gammaxx gt v2 cooler)

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8gb

16 Gb RAM (4x4gb)

MSI Bazooka B350M 

1x NVME

3x SATA SSD

1x HDD

4x 120mm ARGB fans

And Corsair CX450M (grey) PSU.

I have plans to upgrade either to RTX 3060, 3060 Ti or 3070, but only when prices will be reasonable in my country, so It probably won't happen soon 🙄, anyway I got 150€ gift card and I have to spend it, so I thought that I will buy a new mouse or keyboard + a new PSU for my future upgrade.

PSU choices are not so good where I live, or they are overpriced.

I found few choices:

1. SilentiumPC Supremo M2 550W ~70€

2. SilentiumPC Vero M3 600W ~60€

3. Kolink Enclave Series PSU 600W (gold unit, think the one which is in B tier?) ~70€

Is it worth to spend 10€ more for gold unit? Is it even worth for my future build? As I said I gonna buy either 3060, 3060 Ti or 3070 and maybe some time after a R5 3600 or something similar. Or I should spend money on something else and buy PSU when I buy new GPU 😁?

48 minutes ago, TomSplau said:

1. SilentiumPC Supremo M2 550W ~70€

2. SilentiumPC Vero M3 600W ~60€

3. Kolink Enclave Series PSU 600W (gold unit, think the one which is in B tier?) ~70€

Just get whichever one is highest in the tier list with the highest wattage. Ideally I'd go with 600W, but try to find something that's at least tier B.

The efficiency != the quality. Gold means nothing if it's a really bad PSU

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

On 1/20/2021 at 3:12 PM, Juular said:

It was in the list previously but due to complete lack of any info (on both of them actually) and confusing product shots (stuff that's visible through exhaust grille doesn't match up any SAMA platforms) it was removed. Rampage Forza stayed because exhaust grille shots at least resemble those for OEM models. If you can do some shots, even if only through the exhaust or fan grille without disassembling it for either of these PSUs that would be helpful tho.

A friend bought "EVEREST RAMPAGE ETX-750-1" and sent me some photos. He then returned it since it did not have the advertised amount of PCIE cables (the marketing materials are laughably bad for most EVEREST products). Anyways, here are the shots:

image.png.33f333e475196e85be3567452563a8c3.png

688038c2-e9de-4817-8121-552b317b2ff6.thumb.jpg.0e73f5046f3aec9d90cbde9d564f055d.jpg

5b88cd22-4683-49e7-9dd6-653ba347c0f8.thumb.jpg.c3d944f94e9502d28cf331d5944ce952.jpg

e0e19f76-7363-4cd7-93a0-15ce4350a1ad.thumb.jpg.0e4af8b04203f24fd09fff5acd2eb0d5.jpg

Hope this is somewhat useful.  

7 hours ago, Atgz said:

Hope this is somewhat useful.  

This is how crap buying ends, nothing new.