Proposed Settlement for Class Action Lawsuit against AMD regarding the FX CPUs is now accepting claims: Customers could recieve up to $300

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

Probably because GDPR is a European law and the US is not in Europe ?‍♂️

I believe it is still a requirement to follow if you do business inside the EU, I could be wrong though. EU law pisses me off and I can't be bothered reading through the GDPR to find out.

9 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

But was it falsely advertised, and would small print stating that under certain circumstances a floating point operation may be delayed for a clock cycle really have been a deal breaker for everyone that bought one?

I bought a Pentium D and that thing was a crock of shit that couldnt run at 100% load as the FSB was a bottleneck, do I get a money back?

That's true, but it would have covered AMD's bases at least legally. Although its probably pretty difficult for them to imagine that they would get sued for it so many years down the line when the launch (at least in a legal sense) worked.

Well well, look what I got in the mail today.

2c4fa6c83d281fbb68c6d4444315e9b9.jpg

On 10/18/2019 at 7:54 PM, syloui said:

or you purchased an AMD FX CPU on AMD's website, you have until January 3, 2020 to file a claim

It looks like it's worth clarifying, the wording that I've gotten is that it's if you purchased an AMD FX CPU after visiting AMD.com, not that you have to have purchased the CPU from the website. So, essentially, just about everybody is eligible since that's near impossible to reasonably prove.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

On 10/24/2019 at 8:58 PM, Curious Pineapple said:

I believe it is still a requirement to follow if you do business inside the EU, I could be wrong though. EU law pisses me off and I can't be bothered reading through the GDPR to find out.

Thats correct, like if a EU citizen buys something from a US webpage, that page stores PII (Personally Identifying Information) on their servers which often resides in the US, that european PII on that US server is protected under GDPR and therefore that company need to comply to GDPR rules to be able to do business with EU citizens. Most do, but many also kinda just does their own thing since this is kinda hard to enforce outside EU.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:25 AM, Suika said:

Well well, look what I got in the mail today.

Reveal hidden contents

2c4fa6c83d281fbb68c6d4444315e9b9.jpg

It looks like it's worth clarifying, the wording that I've gotten is that it's if you purchased an AMD FX CPU after visiting AMD.com, not that you have to have purchased the CPU from the website. So, essentially, just about everybody is eligible since that's near impossible to reasonably prove.

That's how I read it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.