New Pc - Fresh windows install - Windows does not find M.2

Jun Ishiwata

hey guys so i just built a new computer to give to my stepfather as a surprise. Everything went smooth until i started to install windows. I made a bootable usb with rufus and it worked. I ran the installation but it soon stated that there is no drive found to install windows on altough the bios does see the samsung evo 970 ssd. After searching online i read that i had to change the bios settings and i did do that but nothing seemed to work. So what i did was insert the m.2 in my own machine and allocating it with disc management. Now i thought well this must work then... Nope .. Nothing.

Specs : Ryzen 5 2600 , g skill aegis 16gb ddr4 3000mgz , Gigabyte b450m ds3h , asus strix rog 1660ti 

Any of you had the same experience and know what i should do ? Also the settings that most people speak of in the bios seem to be different with this bios .. which makes it harder.

I had the same problem with my build when I put my M.2 SSD in the top slot on the motherboard. I had to move it to the bottom. On my particular motherboard, it seems that MSI has taken several SATA away, and that affected the M.2 slot at the top for some wierd reason. 

Try it in another slot.

MY RIG: Corsair Crystal Series 460X Case | MSI MPG Gaming Edge Wifi X570 Board | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | LTT Edition Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black (with attached low-noise adapters) | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz CL18 RAM | Asrock Radeon RX 5700 8GB (XT VBIOS Flashed) | Crucial MX500 SATA III 500GB SSD | Corsair HD750 80+ Platinum 750 PSU | 4x Corsair SP120 Case Fans | ASUS VE 247H 24" Full HD Monitor | Logitech K345 Keyboard | Anker A7851 Vertical Mouse | Elegiant Sounbar 288929 | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jeremygd/saved/gnXBZL