Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thermal paste and AIO choice.

Go to solution Solved by glenalz81,

If you're thinking 120mm AIO i would strongly suggest a decent air cooler. 120's get saturated fast and don't really perform any better and often worse.

 

I generally buy the 8g tubes of MX-4 which is plenty for multiple pastes and performs very well.

Hi, i was wondering if thermal grizzly kryonaut would be good for an rx 590 and a ryzen 5 3600 (non x). I was considering getting a corsair h60 120mm AIO, i dont need anything bigger. Are there any better 120mm aios and would that thermal paste be best for gaming and said cpu and gpu type?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt worry too much about brand as most are within a degree or two of eachother.

Personally i use ARCTIC MX-4.

I bought one syringe of the 2019 version and did 3 GPU and 2 applications on CPU with some spare

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're thinking 120mm AIO i would strongly suggest a decent air cooler. 120's get saturated fast and don't really perform any better and often worse.

 

I generally buy the 8g tubes of MX-4 which is plenty for multiple pastes and performs very well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TreyYaBoy said:

Hi, i was wondering if thermal grizzly kryonaut would be good for an rx 590 and a ryzen 5 3600 (non x). I was considering getting a corsair h60 120mm AIO, i dont need anything bigger. Are there any better 120mm aios and would that thermal paste be best for gaming and said cpu and gpu type?

120mm AIOs aren't any better than $20 120mm air coolers unless your space is very limited.

 

Probably get a Neptwin or Scythe Fuma 2 if you want better cooling on the cheap.

MX-4 is fine on it's on, you don't need to repaste your GPU.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At 120mm, unless you're getting a REALLY thicccc rad, you're best off with (my cooler of choice), a hyper212 evo, now going for $30

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Palden said:

At 120mm, unless you're getting a REALLY thicccc rad, you're best off with (my cooler of choice), a hyper212 evo, now going for $30

Alright, i just need adequate cooling with a low profile and not a big beefy heatsink you know, if you have any great air coolers that arent huge my budget is around 80-100

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Streetguru said:

120mm AIOs aren't any better than $20 120mm air coolers unless your space is very limited.

 

Probably get a Neptwin or Scythe Fuma 2 if you want better cooling on the cheap.

MX-4 is fine on it's on, you don't need to repaste your GPU.

Would replacing the stock paste with said arctic mx-4 help temps or would the benefit be negligible? (Edit: for the gpu)

Edited by TreyYaBoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TreyYaBoy said:

Would replacing the stock paste with said arctic mx-4 help temps or would the benefit be negligible? (Edit: for the gpu)

It's not worth the 1-2 degrees you might gain, you'll only want to worry about repasting it in like 4-5 years or so.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@TreyYaBoy

I would go look at Noctua's heatsink lineup then, they have some really great low-profile air coolers, they're just a little pricier than regular tower-style heatsinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Palden said:

@TreyYaBoy

I would go look at Noctua's heatsink lineup then, they have some really great low-profile air coolers, they're just a little pricier than regular tower-style heatsinks.

Will do, thanks for your helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Palden said:

@TreyYaBoy

I would go look at Noctua's heatsink lineup then, they have some really great low-profile air coolers, they're just a little pricier than regular tower-style heatsinks.

Do they cool as adequate as a normal heatsink? Especially under load im gonna be gaming and streaming and ive heard noctuas name fly around before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, noctua is one of the leading developers of heatsinks. They also specify their TDP dissipation on their coolers so that should help you find one that'll work for you

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Palden said:

Oh yeah, noctua is one of the leading developers of heatsinks. They also specify their TDP dissipation on their coolers so that should help you find one that'll work for you

sweet thanks again

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×