Reinstall Windows on Dell Inspiron

I just received my new dell laptop in the mail today, booted it up, and promptly realized how much bloatware Dell has included. I'd like to reinstall Windows 10 but don't want to mess with the warranty. In the windows installer, I see a number of partitions including one called "Image" and another "DELLSUPPORT" and so on. Can I safely delete these without losing the hardware warranty? I'm no stranger to windows 10 installs but 99% of the time it's on a new machine or in a VM, and I'm not used to OEM machines and I don't want to void my warranty.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

You would have to read the warranty terms that came with the machine to be certain.  However, without knowing them and just going by what I would expect, you should be fine.  They would have to be colossal asses to void it just because you changed some software.  Any competent company and professional understands the very real distinction between hardware and software, and what "damage" to either entails for the other (ie, nothing).

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, ThatFlashCat said:

I just received my new dell laptop in the mail today, booted it up, and promptly realized how much bloatware Dell has included. I'd like to reinstall Windows 10 but don't want to mess with the warranty. In the windows installer, I see a number of partitions including one called "Image" and another "DELLSUPPORT" and so on. Can I safely delete these without losing the hardware warranty? I'm no stranger to windows 10 installs but 99% of the time it's on a new machine or in a VM, and I'm not used to OEM machines and I don't want to void my warranty.

I've clean installed every laptop I purchased and just to be specific to your question, no it doesn't have anything to do with Warrantyl As long as you don't physically damage your laptop if you open it up then your warranty is intact. Loading your own OS is your choice.

Here's my clean install guide of Windows 10 if you wanna have a look and yes you wanna delete all the partitions using the diskpart /clean command as outlined in the guide: Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs (RAID 0) + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

22 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

I've clean installed every laptop I purchased and just to be specific to your question, no it doesn't have anything to do with Warrantyl As long as you don't physically damage your laptop if you open it up then your warranty is intact. Loading your own OS is your choice.

Here's my clean install guide of Windows 10 if you wanna have a look and yes you wanna delete all the partitions using the diskpart /clean command as outlined in the guide: Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Thanks, but I've got the install process down already. :) I already had a USB drive ready to go with windows 10 on it too.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

4 hours ago, ThatFlashCat said:

Thanks, but I've got the install process down already. :) I already had a USB drive ready to go with windows 10 on it too.

Perfect, then you're good to go :D

I wouldn't install Dell SupportAssist on my laptop if I were you.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs (RAID 0) + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

On 10/17/2019 at 3:14 AM, Ultra Male said:

Perfect, then you're good to go :D

I wouldn't install Dell SupportAssist on my laptop if I were you.

I've installed nothing aside from the usual (chrome, office, etc.). My previous laptop had the worthless hp "support" assistant until I did a full reinstall.

PC Specs:

Freenas specs: